These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Least SP required lvl 3-4 mission ship

Author
Nicholas Lafisques
Dark Matters Retail and Distribution
#1 - 2013-11-14 14:38:57 UTC
Topic says it all. Just looking to grind standings in something I can get into fairly quickly that is generally well rounded. Only a couple weeks in and I just want a direction to go in. A ship and weapon class would be really helpful
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#2 - 2013-11-14 14:46:12 UTC
myrm -> domi Domi is a much different style however. In either case you need ship level 4, drone skills including t2 scout drones, the drone interfacing skill. The domi requires sentry drones but they also work on the myrmidon. Once you get to the domi its very easy for any level 4 and also scales very well with higher sp.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Schmu Efrafa
Snuggles Inc.
#3 - 2013-11-14 15:08:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Schmu Efrafa
hi,

Myrm -> Domi is a good idea and u wont need T2 Sentrys if u have a good T2 tank and take care of
triggers and resists

min. drone skills in my opinion: Drones V, Drone Interfacing IV, Sentry DI IV, Drone Sharpshooting IV,
Scout Drone OP V, Combat Drone OP III and Gallente BS III or IV

if u use Faction Sentrys u can compensate the missing DI V, T2 Sentrys for a while..

Drake -> Navy Scorpion is viable aswell and takes less time to train than Sentrys..
u need T2 Shield tank and good support skills for ur Meta 4 launchers tho

i went with Gila -> Rattlesnake which is a skill hungry path but i had lots of fun :)
Nicholas Lafisques
#4 - 2013-11-14 17:32:42 UTC
I believe I'm leaning towards whatever is least skill intensive and still able to do lvl 3/4 missions. Seems my 2 probable choices are between gallente and caldari ships so whichever I would be able to get into fastest while still fairing well with the missions. The Dominix and the raven seem like the two most mentioned options though I need to look I to the scorpion some. Anyone have a comparison as to how long it will bring my skills up to par (from basically nothing at the moment).
Schmu Efrafa
Snuggles Inc.
#5 - 2013-11-14 17:38:11 UTC
hmm.. i would suggest trying a skill planner and see how long it takes.. maybe get +3 Attribute implants aswell..
Quote:

Seems my 2 probable choices are between gallente and caldari ships

minmitar and amarr ships are nice too.. but i dont know much about these..

think it takes 2 weeks to run lvl 3 missions and 1,5 - 2 month for level 4 missions
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#6 - 2013-11-14 17:43:51 UTC
Find and install Evemon (should be an easy google search) make 4 different plans a then find a cruiser (Under the ship tab) for each faction and add the primary and secondary skills to a plan. You will get an exact time for each type.

I see everyone is suggesting Drones drones and more drones, But I personaly went the Guns and MWD route (Minmatar) and feel it was easy enough to do lvl 2 - 3 missions in the first two weeks.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Goldiiee
#7 - 2013-11-14 17:50:49 UTC
A quick check on a blank toon showed me a Thrasher is about a 7 days for basic use, and is certainly more entertaining than warp to site release drones, repeat.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#8 - 2013-11-14 21:29:53 UTC
I still believe L4s should only be tried when one can fit a T2 tank.
A Domi is actually a very forgiving ship, imo. Fit 2 large armor reppers and mission specific resists and you should be safe even with very low skillpoints. Other than that, you will of course need skills for your DPS, most likely Drones.

A Myrm should work along the same principles except the T2 tank, though you should work on it as well.

You probably won´t be doing missions fast, of course.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Marcus Walkuris
Aww yeahhh
#9 - 2013-11-14 21:51:18 UTC
Just for standing Id have to say go straight for the domi, you may not fly it super great yet in lvl3's but who gives they're 3's.
Unless it is out of your price range of course.
Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#10 - 2013-11-15 01:09:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Ireland VonVicious
Gila!

It is a bad ass and cheap for a pirate faction ship.

It ruins L3's with low sp and has lots of room to grow.

Fit a Meta ship out in EFT and see what skills effect your fit and train them all to L2 or L3.

Gnosis if you are really stingy on the sp.
Anti-social Tendencies
Society for Miner Education
#11 - 2013-11-15 03:30:27 UTC
Nicholas Lafisques wrote:
I believe I'm leaning towards whatever is least skill intensive and still able to do lvl 3/4 missions. Seems my 2 probable choices are between gallente and caldari ships so whichever I would be able to get into fastest while still fairing well with the missions. The Dominix and the raven seem like the two most mentioned options though I need to look I to the scorpion some. Anyone have a comparison as to how long it will bring my skills up to par (from basically nothing at the moment).

go grab some typical fits for those mission boats and plug them into EFT and see what skills are required. Then use EVEMon to create a training plan and see which you like the best.

"Patience: n, a minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue." - AMBROSE PIERCE

Nicholas Lafisques
#12 - 2013-11-15 05:49:44 UTC
Gila definitely looks like pretty sweet ship and i can almost get into one! im sure i wouldnt be able to handle it for one reason or another... and its definietly out of my price range at the moment. I really dont understand the tech levels of ships and how they stack up to other classes (gila vs a battleship for example)

and it looks like im just gonna use some sort of fitting to go off of in order to train my skills. seems to be almost too much information out there, and i rather enjoy finding out about skills that really help. Though as i was goin through them a little bit ago, i realized i had 1 navigation skill and up until yesterday it was the same with the engineering skills. all in all i think im getting off to a descent start, and the majority of the thanks goes to people on this forum. Im really amazed at the responses i get and cannot tell u how much i appreciate the effort. Thanks guys!
Marcus Walkuris
Aww yeahhh
#13 - 2013-11-15 08:34:36 UTC
Just make sure you don't lose your shiny stuff and check eve-survival for mission details.
Goldiiee
#14 - 2013-11-15 09:11:14 UTC
Inevitably when you start out your going to lose ships, so try to stick to affordable T-1 (Not Pirate or faction) till you get the hang of it.

And getting the EVE-HQ (my fav) or EFT to get the specific of fitting up ships figured out without the trial and error expense from market fitting is a good idea.

JAF Anders
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#15 - 2013-11-15 19:23:36 UTC
You'll be able to train missiles/turrets with your spaceship command skills without remapping. Drakes come to mind.

The pursuit of excellence and stabbed plexing alts.

Mariko Ishii
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2013-11-18 23:07:36 UTC
Nicholas Lafisques wrote:
Gila definitely looks like pretty sweet ship and i can almost get into one! im sure i wouldnt be able to handle it for one reason or another... and its definietly out of my price range at the moment. I really dont understand the tech levels of ships and how they stack up to other classes (gila vs a battleship for example)

and it looks like im just gonna use some sort of fitting to go off of in order to train my skills. seems to be almost too much information out there, and i rather enjoy finding out about skills that really help. Though as i was goin through them a little bit ago, i realized i had 1 navigation skill and up until yesterday it was the same with the engineering skills. all in all i think im getting off to a descent start, and the majority of the thanks goes to people on this forum. Im really amazed at the responses i get and cannot tell u how much i appreciate the effort. Thanks guys!

Personally I went the Amarr route, and the Apocalypse (long range beams) was a very good ship for me at lower levels. But honestly, the fact that you mentioned having only one engineering skill (!!!) is a big problem. I know they aren't fun or sexy, but don't even consider running level 4s until you have the core competency standard certification. Or whatever the post-rubicon equivalent will be. I know that was kind of implied above by posters saying you need to meet the recommended certa for each ship, but I thought it worthwhile to point it out specifically.
Kirkwood Ross
Golden Profession
#17 - 2013-11-18 23:41:31 UTC
Doing level 3-4 distribution missions can be trained into very easily with a T1 industrial and some cargo expanders. While not glamorous at all; it can give you low lp and standings while you train up other skills if you are lacking but still want to do something in Eve.