These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Beyond Rubicon] What Mobile Structures would you like to see?

First post First post
Author
stoicfaux
#501 - 2013-11-14 03:31:01 UTC
Wormhole Environment Effects Deployable. Randomly applies one wormhole environment effect to the local grid.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Binkles
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#502 - 2013-11-14 03:32:39 UTC
Mobile jump clone facility.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#503 - 2013-11-14 03:54:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
I want to see a very rare BPC from ghost site drops that allows for a "faction" level mobile structure that is CLOAKABLE and jump-capable.

Y'know... put the definition of "mobile" to a new level and give people a real "easter egg" to hunt for.

And give me one, of course, for suggesting it. I'm a busy pilot, my time is valuable... can't be spending all day on the Forums inspiring a new generation of Dev for nothing. P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#504 - 2013-11-14 03:57:27 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Would you like to see a mobile drug lab with a meta version called the 'Winnebago'?

I still want to see this. Can we get another meta version called 'Heisenberg'? Lol

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

stoicfaux
#505 - 2013-11-14 03:58:21 UTC
Racing Lap Counter deployable. Record who "touched" the deployable and when. Used to help judge races. The data would need to be made available via api or have some meaningful interface to ensure that racers ran the lap in the proper order, etc..

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#506 - 2013-11-14 04:00:54 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Racing Lap Counter deployable. Record who "touched" the deployable and when. Used to help judge races. The data would need to be made available via api or have some meaningful interface to ensure that racers ran the lap in the proper order, etc..

that would be awesome, betting on races!

Never forget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4 Trust me, I'm an Anomaly. DUST 514 FOR PC

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#507 - 2013-11-14 04:01:28 UTC
deployable spamtastic-2000 blocks everybody within 5AU to type something in local unless its "gf".

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#508 - 2013-11-14 04:03:20 UTC
So many good ideas:

CONCORD jammer that eliminates CONCORD response for five minutes in a 100 km radius is genius. Two minute spool up time, can't scoop it back up, 100 HP while anchoring, 100,000 HP when active ( equal shields/armor, can be repped) lasts fifteen minutes, when destroyed/expiring there is a fifteen second warning window before CONCORD is ready to join the grid and start blapping. Great for free for alls, miner/ratter griefing, or luring people to their death in high sec. Cannot be used within 1,000,000 km of station, gate or other anchored structure. Somewhat expensive.

Acceleration gate, align it when you drop it and it creates a deadspace bubble 10,000 km in one direction with it's own "return" acceleration gate. Five minute spool up time, can't scoop it back up, 100 HP while anchoring, 1,000,000 HP when active. Has a reinforce timer at 25% shields. Usable by anyone, no restrictions. Deadspace bubble at the end is the ideal place to set up other modules/temporary base camp. Very expensive.

One time cyno bridge module, linked to another one time cyno bridge module. Fifteen minute spool up time, can't scoop it back up, high HP (all structure). Usable by anyone in space, as long as it has sufficient fuel. Lasts 10 minutes, and works both ways (again, assuming enough fuel). Anyone can add (or take) fuel. Self destructs at end of life. Very expensive.

Wormhole stabilizer: anchored within 100 km of a wormhole, shows up on system scanner. Triples the available remaining mass limit on a wormhole, does not affect lifespan, does not extend maximum mass limit. Five minute spool up time, lasts 12 hours maximum then self destructs. Low HP (all structure). One one allowed per wormhole. Destruction of module reverts remaining mass limit to whatever it was prior to deployment minus a percentage of what went through while module was active. Somewhat expensive.

Mines. Cannot be anchored close to gates or stations, or within 1 AU of another mine. Deployed instantly, 1 HP, Last for one hour. Will be activated by ships in warp, and pulse AoE damage for 30 seconds when activated. Very expensive. Better bring a scout, or have good bookmarks to bounce to :)w

Mobile stasis webbifier bubble. Five minute spool up time, then cloaks. Cannot be anchored within 100 km of station or gate. Activated by a high slot module with heavy fitting requirements; ship must be on grid to activate. When activated, module uncloaks and causes 60% speed reduction in 30km radius. 100,000 HP, lasts two minutes. Cannot overlap a warp disruption bubble or module fails. Fairly inexpensive.

Stargate jammer. Fifteen minute spool up time, anchored within 100 km of a stargate. Prevents use of stargate (one way). Low HP, all structure. Lasts fifteen minutes. Cannot be used on both sides of stagate pair. Very expensive.

Probe scrambler. One minute spool up time, no limits on where it can be anchored. Disrupts probe scans, reducing effectiveness of combat probes by 30% for ships within the area of effect, 25 km radius. Lasts thirty seconds, low HP, self destructs at end of life. Effects do not stack with other probe scrambler modules. Fairly inexpensive, small m3.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#509 - 2013-11-14 04:05:02 UTC
1) Scanner Scattering Array: Makes all objects within its range harder to probe.

2) Decoy: Mimics the launching ship's sig radius, sensor strength, name and ship type on both d-scanner and probes.

3) Comm Jammer: Jams local chat and puts it into delayed mode. Cannot be used in high sec.

4) Mobile Cyno Beacon: It's a cyno beacon that isn't attached to a ship or POS.

5) Mobile Stasis Webifier Field: It's an AoE webber deployable, just like mobile warp bubbles. Affects both players and npc's.

6) Mobile Target Painting Field: Target painter bubble, affects both players and npc's.

7) Mine: Comes in 4 flavors (1 of each damage type), detonates when an object comes within range. Range may not overlap with other mines. Will attack launching ship if still in range after anchoring timer. 1 time use obviously.

[u]Fireworks and snowballs are great, but what I really want is a corpse launcher.[/u]

Liana Tian
Black Reach LLC
SONS of BANE
#510 - 2013-11-14 04:13:49 UTC
Mobile Acceleration Gate - Consumable structure to create a gate into a temporary deadspace pocket. Can be used as a hidey hole or trap, possibly prevents microwarpdrives inside. Shows up on system scanner.
Aatch Aldurald
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#511 - 2013-11-14 04:20:23 UTC
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
So many good ideas:

CONCORD jammer that eliminates CONCORD response for five minutes in a 100 km radius is genius. Two minute spool up time, can't scoop it back up, 100 HP while anchoring, 100,000 HP when active ( equal shields/armor, can be repped) lasts fifteen minutes, when destroyed/expiring there is a fifteen second warning window before CONCORD is ready to join the grid and start blapping. Great for free for alls, miner/ratter griefing, or luring people to their death in high sec. Cannot be used within 1,000,000 km of station, gate or other anchored structure. Somewhat expensive.

Anything that makes something called 'griefing' "better" is a terrible idea.

"Hi, I'm a new player going off to mine. Huh, what's that thing in the asteroid belt? Ah, somebody's attacking me, where are those police guys that are supposed to stop this? I got killed?! I thought that was only in those 'low sec' places! This is bullshit!"

Or, someone more like me:

"Ah, my few hours of EvE I get a day. Time to relax and mine some asteroids." ******* warps in "Oh crap, now I gotta bug out, I hope this ******* doesn't hang around for too long". It's like all of the tension of nullsec with none of the reward! Perfect.
Kalenn Istarion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#512 - 2013-11-14 04:26:44 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
(serious idea ITP)

CONCORD signal jammer. 3-5 minute anchoring time. When anchored, CONCORD doesn't respond to criminally flagged players within range. (But they are still free game for other players.) Can't be anchored on grid with stations or gates.

Gank AFK bot-aspirant miners with great justice. Anyone watching the game has plenty of time to get out of range. (POS managers have to check on their POSes every hour now, it's only fair that miners should have to check their screens once in a while too.)

Also allows for friendly fleet vs fleet or FFA combat within highsec without having to abuse stealing mechanics or having to start fifty duels.

Damn, made it 10 pages through the thread before someone had the same idea. To be balanced, should be a way for whoever to try to bust it before it onlines - doing so would incur at least a limited engagement timer with whoever anchored it and possibly a suspect flag so that defense is not risk free.

Try Harder.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#513 - 2013-11-14 04:26:59 UTC
billboards for nullsec. I like the idea of alliances popping up propoganda in each others lawns for fun.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#514 - 2013-11-14 04:48:45 UTC
A structure that opens up a wormhole to a random system.

The idea is that it would provide a last ditch means of escape. (or a fun way to troll players)

Deploy > Wait for it to spool up > Wormhole opens > Hope that this is the jump that takes you home (cue quantum leap music)
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#515 - 2013-11-14 04:50:09 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
A communications structure that completely disables local while deployed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFgI_F4R7Y

Never forget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4 Trust me, I'm an Anomaly. DUST 514 FOR PC

Flamespar
WarRavens
#516 - 2013-11-14 04:51:48 UTC
A structure that creates it's own gravity well, allowing it to attract (spawn) asteroids and space debris from a nearby ringed planet.

Just don't fly too close whilst it's operating.
Arcosian
Arcosian Heavy Industries Corp Holding
#517 - 2013-11-14 05:00:45 UTC
Cloak Disruptor - When anchored it will prevent cloaking within a radius of 5 AU.

Mobile Ore Compressor - Allows players to compress ore for null/WH ninja mining and makes hauling during mining ops easier.

Mobile Drug Lab - Anchorable in highsec but will pay a concord bounty to players that destroy it. Must have Winnebago and Heisenberg meta versions!!!!!

Agent Comm Station - Allows accepting/completing missions remotely (don't have to redock unless mission item required)

Brimstone Shu
Zarnfell
The Rogue Consortium
#518 - 2013-11-14 05:00:55 UTC
deployable mines I would love to see mine fields back in game.

Grand Formage
The Planetary Baron Society
#519 - 2013-11-14 05:05:39 UTC
Quote:
Please increase the "can't anchor within X of a stargate or station" to more like 1 AU.

the problem with ranging is ccp only allows only a certain manner of location to location navigation, off primary grid anchoring would be difficult. the only way to do it would be like creating safe spots between celestial or off f previouse cosmic anomaly /signature bookmarks which are still celestial related.
Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#520 - 2013-11-14 05:12:16 UTC
Appendix A (for my earlier post on a mobile/permeant mining structure)

Here are the stats I am thinking about for the
Mobile Mining Structure

Tech 1 Version
2500 shield
2500 armor
1000 hull
3H;3M;3L slots
The fitting slots are limited to the players skills
Max of 3 weapon platforms.
100m3 Drone bay w/ support for 1 drones per player drone skill (will auto lunch drones set by player, or by current state of combat, defaults to mining drones)
1000m3 cargo hold
1000m3 charge hold
50000m3 mineral hold

Tech 2 Version
Double HP of Teach 1.
4H;4M;4L
Still limited to 3 weapon platforms.
Allows teach one of Mobile mining models.
-Mobile mining models would be items like a cloak, shield bubble, tractor beam, ore compression unit. (A cloak and bubble would be to much for a unit, so can't have both no matter what)
-Allows support for 2 drones per player drone skill
-100m3 Drone bay

Tech 3 version (permeant once placed)
double the T2s HP
5H;5M;5L slots
Allows 3 drone per player drone skill (increase drone bay as needed)
limited to 3 weapon platforms
Adds maintenance bay to store a single industrial ship (used with AP model, which allows the ship to haul ore to local station without player support)
allows tech 2 version of the support models. Cloak for unit + mining drones. larger shield bubble. large tractor beam etc.

Yeah. I think that would be about it for the stats. Nothing to OP for miners, but would provide something fun for people who want to mine but also do other stuff to.
plus the fact that the ore hold is open to anyone (unless cloak or shield bubble are on), and that the AP indy is attackable and loot able by other players with no concord interference.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs