These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fix T3 , let them change subs at a POS !

Author
laffbot
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2011-11-17 11:28:38 UTC
This change should happen ,maybe a special pos mod that lets you put the ship in it and change the subs.
Probably the biggest users of T3 are in w-space and we cant have the luxury of changing subs meaning we have to buy several T3's.
Would be the best update ever.
Barbie D0ll
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2011-11-17 11:53:36 UTC
they wont do it for another 2 years because it takes too much effort to do it correctly the first time, hell, this expansion is all about FIXING all sorts of problems that have been piling up for a while, that and the BC sized thrasher with BS sized guns, thats about it
grogazum
Shield of Iron Crown
#3 - 2011-11-17 13:08:48 UTC
Got to agree.

the whole idea of T3 is flexiblity so one ship by changing modules can go from a cloaky scanner (with teeth Twisted), to PVE ship, DPS ship, Fleet support, or even salvager.

Fantastic I don't need to keep a fleet in the WH.

They're even grown in WH FFS!

Let us use T3's the way they were intended.
Barbie D0ll
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2011-11-18 04:04:43 UTC
and yes I would agree, it would give me reason to use something other than a drake for whs again
Princess Nexxala
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#5 - 2011-11-18 16:25:33 UTC
Wow I had no idea you couldn't do that at a POS...just never tried but always assumed you could.

CCP this beyond fail...fix pls :)

nom nom

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#6 - 2011-11-19 03:52:40 UTC
if you can change subs but not the rigs, what would this fix than? I mean its unlikely to have two distinct t3 fittings with the same rig setup.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-11-19 12:06:57 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
if you can change subs but not the rigs, what would this fix than? I mean its unlikely to have two distinct t3 fittings with the same rig setup.

^this guy, has clearly never flown T3s... Roll

+1, T3s need to be able to change subs at a POS.
It needs to be fixed, period.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#8 - 2011-11-19 14:34:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
Jack Miton wrote:
Bienator II wrote:

^this guy, has clearly never flown T3s... Roll

are you sure? I am flying 11 setups. only 3 of them have the same rig setup.

edit: once you plug in subs and rigs you fixed the ships purpose
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=25524

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Bishop Aidartier
Tails Of Dragons
#9 - 2011-11-22 03:25:05 UTC
I do not fly T3, but this even caught my eye, if T3 comes from w-space, which is obviously POS - make it happen CCP, same with repackaging items, it makes no sense!
Capn Orgasmo
Dmacks Minnions
#10 - 2011-11-22 09:21:52 UTC
So it seems normal to rip your ship into 5 pieces, killing your crew due to the vacuum and gluing it back together in the middle of buttfuck nowhere..

Logic.
Wacktopia
Noir.
The Network.
#11 - 2011-11-22 09:23:13 UTC
laffbot wrote:
This change should happen ,maybe a special pos mod that lets you put the ship in it and change the subs.
Probably the biggest users of T3 are in w-space and we cant have the luxury of changing subs meaning we have to buy several T3's.
Would be the best update ever.

Needs doing. I bet this is a royal pain in the ass for WH players.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

laffbot
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-11-22 11:38:12 UTC
Capn Orgasmo wrote:
So it seems normal to rip your ship into 5 pieces, killing your crew due to the vacuum and gluing it back together in the middle of buttfuck nowhere..

Logic.

thats why I said a POS module which takes your ship in and you can fit it.