These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

wandering life

Author
Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#1 - 2013-11-13 10:05:18 UTC
One of my long term plans involves wandering life through C5-6 space. I was considering that i would grab dread carrier and few support ships small pos maybe. enter some C5 capescalate and clear its anoms and then abandonn it and enter other wormhole in its static with all my ships. When logged off have no pos deployed.

The question is: Is such a life possible ande feasible with 4 accounts? Or is operating out of some standard large pos better?
Aakkonen
Rift Watch
#2 - 2013-11-13 10:14:49 UTC
Tbh, you will die horribly.. Most c5-6 residents dont like visitors and to escalate properly you need like 6 guys. Just use orca and roam c3-4

Aakkonen

Bad Jokes since -09.... Fly Safe! o7

Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#3 - 2013-11-13 10:31:18 UTC
Aakkonen wrote:
Just use orca and roam c3-4

I already live in C4-4. So it would be step down i do not intend to take.
Random Woman
Very Professional Corporation
#4 - 2013-11-13 10:35:22 UTC
Oska Rus wrote:
Aakkonen wrote:
Just use orca and roam c3-4

I already live in C4-4. So it would be step down i do not intend to take.

In that case go for the c5/c6 magnificent things will happen for sure.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#5 - 2013-11-13 10:49:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Lloyd Roses
To run c5 sites properly, you'd need 2 nags (or moros, though the nags have way less mass), an archon, an orca, a few rapiers, armorlinks (like an Eos or so), a closing Hictor and a POS-kit. That's more or less all necessary.

Minimum is 4 people to run those things I'd say, as you need links up, an archon, a dread and one rapier at least.

[POS-Kit: random deathstar (minnie large) with 6-10 POS neuts anchored to mildly defend against motivated attackers]
Caius Beriat
O'Coin Enterprises
#6 - 2013-11-13 10:51:53 UTC
Please continue with your quest to run anoms with 4 characters.
Aakkonen
Rift Watch
#7 - 2013-11-13 11:20:46 UTC
Just noticed.. Your hole connected to mine few weeks ago, if remember right we killed something from you?

HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-11-13 11:28:46 UTC
Well don't believe the haters and lemme tell you something.
Many posting here .. are posting out of their arse :) so that being sad..

Yes there are some groups who could be considered Wormhole Normads but it comes at a highprice.
The first thing would be keeping it down low. So your Crew has to fit through a 3b hole and you need always to make sure that noone see's you. Since Nomads rarely have the luxury of changing fleet doctrines on a scale that would allow good pvp doctrines, since cargo size is limited... or better said: "You can only put so much shid on a donkey before it collapses"

The Classic Nomad Setup requires:

2 Dreads
1 Archon
- This is your 3b hole crew

In addition you will have to have
- 2-3 Scouts
- 1 Orca
- 1 Noctis
- 1 Boosting EOS/Astarte
- 1-2 Lokis for Webbing
- 1 Heavy Interdiction Cruiser
These all have a crutial roles if you work in wormholes and are "not intended" for PvP although i can give you my Battleorca fit.

Anyway it is rather VEEERY important that noone ever sees you and that you only travel through empty holes (its better to do nothing then trying to crash a wormhole with an established entity in it)

The next thing is a dedicated crew and out of game communication channels to get the fleet ready and not have people waiting around and by that giving away your location.

So if you play it safe and not be seen like the some of the normad crews i know .. you should be good. But there are also different residential options.
There is the "Goldmine": This is usually a Highclass wormhole with a lowclass static and one pos and the farming essentials within said pos ... so people have easy access through the lowclass static

There is the "Expo": Thats a 1 Cycle event and people go on really long farming sessions for 4 days (+15 anoms a day) and come back .. (sometimes they die - reason here is the pos - which gives away the potential of an easy to gank expo crew)

There is the "Home" most of the time named and with a shitton of caps....

Also to all the non-believers .. Normads exist and they are ******* brilliant guys ... :)

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

Aakkonen
Rift Watch
#9 - 2013-11-13 11:47:13 UTC
Wow I didnt knew that nomads still exist. I once dreamed a lowsec nomad life but now i live in hole, but what i got from that info-bomb that 4 isnt enough Big smile But if you succeed I will salute you. Roll

Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#10 - 2013-11-13 11:54:55 UTC
Aakkonen wrote:
Just noticed.. Your hole connected to mine few weeks ago, if remember right we killed something from you?

Might happened. Thats just life in W-space. ;-)
Malception
StratsCo
Pretenders
#11 - 2013-11-13 12:47:13 UTC
Oska, pay no attention to these naysayers. They're afraid of changing the status quo! Take your capitals into C5 space and make your riches.
Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#12 - 2013-11-13 16:12:13 UTC
I honor Nomad wormhole groups. I was not aware any still existed as well.
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-11-13 18:27:20 UTC
being a nomad is all fine and well, but connect to us, and we will send you back to cloning.
Sushi Nardieu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-11-13 18:50:22 UTC
Did this with a PVP fleet occasionally.

The Guns of Knowledge 

Imustbecomfused
Illicit Expo
#15 - 2013-11-13 21:56:59 UTC
maybe everyone else missed it or im a fool for falling for a bad joke, but there are some videos on youtube of c5 j sigs, the guy runs solo in a vargur... expensive but, possible?

c5/c6 life is ideally for fleets. as mentioned before having 6 guys is ideal. dont use rapiers in a c5 or c6, it will insta pop... use lokis...

you need one loki

one archon

two dreads...

at a mininal... the loki should ahve two tp and two webs, focus the two dreads on one target at a time.

if you want to do escalations, which is where the isk really is, youll want a 6-8 man team.

two carriers, two-three dreads, two loki, and two salvagers if possible.

Ive debated using this tactic in wh space solo myself, it is interesting to see another post up on it. good topic. I use similar tactics in null sec, havent attempted the wh solo yet. I wish c4 allowed capitals to pass thru statics... or at least have the possibility of a wh capable spawning.

I like it when someone takes things to a new challenge and tries to take it on solo... I consider it part of the mastery to ones skillset, a test of self and intellect. In fact, that is why I love playing eve solo so much. its different, difficult, and not all that fun. :P

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#16 - 2013-11-14 00:01:15 UTC
Can anyone provide any evidence nomads exist besides "I/he/she said so!"?

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Senn Denroth
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#17 - 2013-11-14 00:26:53 UTC
Aakkonen wrote:
to escalate properly you need like 6 guys.

6?? 3 is the minimum you can get away with.

Once you get used to flying caps you can triple or even quad box dreads quite easily. Triage/Dual carrier, and a webber&cloaked prober.

Caius Beriat wrote:
Please continue with your quest to run anoms with 4 characters.

Scrub.

Tul Breetai wrote:

Not sure about this nomad thing, I know blood union do a lot of seeding capitals in to random systems but that's just to purely gank farmers.

As for farming in an a random system, we do it from time to time we just call it something different other than nomading or whatever.

Think the most we've done in the past is 1.2bill every two hours per person.
Adoris Nolen
Sama Guild
#18 - 2013-11-14 03:40:17 UTC
The one thing i would caution about nomading is RL effects.

For example: you roll into big bad WH alliance system; Do you wait it out or roll the hole?

Due to limited ships & pilots via nomad, rolling it is ridicolously risky. You'd have to warp yout entire roll fleet with your cov ops.
Waiting it out makes you hate Eve on the other hand.

Also if you play anything other than AU/NZ primetime, forget it. You'll die.
Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#19 - 2013-11-14 08:04:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Tul Breetai
Senn Denroth wrote:

Not sure about this nomad thing, I know blood union do a lot of seeding capitals in to random systems but that's just to purely gank farmers.

As for farming in an a random system, we do it from time to time we just call it something different other than nomading or whatever.

Think the most we've done in the past is 1.2bill every two hours per person.

It sounds cool, and maybe even what wh space was meant to be, but it also sounds like bigfoot: only people who want it to exist claim it exists, and only because they say so... I've heard of seeding capitals, or taking a vacation through a lowsec connection and popping out next week, but that's hardly "roaming upper w-space as a nomad"... Ugh

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-11-14 11:05:02 UTC
Tul Breetai wrote:

Can you provide evidence that they don't, why should i publicly name easy targets on this wonderful and beautiful forum? You may just want to ask me directly if you are really looking for such way of life before you clutter this information exchange platform with your "generic" ... I DONT BELIEVE YOU!-quote ...damn it people ... half a brain a good pair of balls please.

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

12Next page