These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mine Low sec advise? and the best items to the ship????advice

Author
AlivarKohime
Deadspace Excavations
Shadow Ultimatum
#1 - 2013-10-14 21:04:47 UTC
Hi my friends

I use a venture sometimes to mine in sec 0.2 or 0.4 not happened nothing and i was fast when to came outt ,but when used procurer or retrivier i lost 1 ship and the income that i made it mining not made too much difference.

Can you give advice about that situation!!!???what the best items to use in ship?!!!
i use:
Procurer:or Covetor:(Retriever only use in high sec)
2 adaptive invulnerbality Shiedl I
1warp core stabilizer
1 medium shield extender I
1 modulated strip miner II
1 mining laser upgrade

tnks
best regards

Alihanna Galtran
Galtran Logistics Inc.
#2 - 2013-10-14 21:28:44 UTC
Don't mine in low-sec!
Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#3 - 2013-10-14 22:52:31 UTC
Have to agree. If you run the numbers, you will realize lowsec has nothing worth mining despite of fancy ore names.

You make better income in highsec mining. And a lot less danger.

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-10-15 00:40:20 UTC
You most certainly should mine in low sec but you are fitting your ship all wrong.
damage control and drone damage amps in lows.
tank, web and point in mids.
tank in rigs.
rest of your fleet the other side of gate.
If you are trying to get ore then non traveled npc null in a station system (rare to be unoccupied) or a system u have a POS in or high sec are the ways to go. (or sov null if u want to join a huge blobfest i suppose)
i suspect even solo wh mining done smartly is safer and more profitable than low sec mining.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Karak Bol
Low-Sec Survival Ltd.
#5 - 2013-10-15 06:49:45 UTC
There is not much you can do with your fit. Your best ways of avoiding a gank in lowsec in Local, D-Scan and a good aligntime. NPCs can be tanked with Drones, medium Shield extender and Afterburner. And dont listen to these guys always yelling "No mining in low", they just gave up after losing a ship. Get used to losing ships and find a lowsec corp with some systems under their control.
BenDover
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-10-15 08:54:06 UTC
If you're new to low sec mining, fly nothing beyond a Procurer. Fit it with Field Extender rigs, Adaptive Inuv, Medium Shield extenders and a damage control. Get drones to handle the rats.

Mine attentively, keep an eye on local and dscan. An AFK miner is a dead miner.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#7 - 2013-10-15 16:40:37 UTC
Having to do without Orca Boosts in Low Sec (anyone who brings an Orca into Low is just wanting it asploded), negates any real additional profits that come from the somewhat more valuable low sec ores.

Why bother when High Sec actually exists ? With a lot fewer issues. But the minerals market is at an almost historic low right now, so mining Ore at all is pretty much a time-wasting idea atm.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Zenito
Lekhantsi Salvage Depot
#8 - 2013-10-15 17:24:04 UTC
Ventures are built for low-sec mining; agile, expendable, +2 warp strength.
If you adopt the low-sec mindset, stay alert, read the d-scan, you'll make far more than you lose.
You'll also experience that awesome feeling of accomplishing something against the odds, something that the "dont mine in low" high-sec miners miss out on. Blink

Zenitoka Katanga

Clan Chieftain

"A fair bargain leaves both sides unhappy."

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-10-15 20:21:43 UTC
I frequently mine in low sec. Hedbergite commands a 30% premium over scordite, I believe. If you are soloing, then low sec is better than high sec. I think it costs about 30m isk to buy and fit a Retriever. I'm not sure what the insurance payout since, but assuming its 5m isk, that means you lose 25m isk per gank.

Lets assume you make 15m per hr mining scordite, which is actually quite difficult in high sec since every high sec miner is after it. If you move to low sec and mine hedbergite, you make 20m per hr (30% more). You only need to mine for 90 minutes to be able to afford a new Retriever. Any money you make beyond that time is pure profit, and you'll be making 30% more isk than high sec miners.

In case of warp-scrambling belt rats, I find they focus on my mining drones first, allowing me to get away. There's no need to fit warp core stabs. Get to know your locals and add them as contacts (anyone with 5.0 or 0.0 security is usually safe - they're either ratters, mission runners or industrialists. Anyone with any other positive security like 1.7 or 3.2 may be part-time pirates. Anyone with negative security are definitely threats).
Alp Er
Yikici
#10 - 2013-10-16 09:15:19 UTC
I m also low sec miner. but I mine ice.

I m using 1 procurer( full tank and 2 warp core in lows) and 1 full yield focused retriever.
For rats 1 dps ship and for hualing 1 ore hauler ship.

If there is no one in local I m using retriever. it gives me almost 25 M/hour. If there is someone, procurer works fine(18M/hour) even if they catch me on belt I m able to warp to station.
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-10-16 12:05:30 UTC
Alp Er wrote:
If there is no one in local I m using retriever. it gives me almost 25 M/hour. If there is someone, procurer works fine(18M/hour) even if they catch me on belt I m able to warp to station.

That's a good suggestion.
Galadriel Vasquez
Project Omega Industries
Gentlemen's.Club
#12 - 2013-11-05 09:11:46 UTC
Lol

I have tin foil hat trained to 5.

AlivarKohime
Deadspace Excavations
Shadow Ultimatum
#13 - 2013-11-08 02:14:26 UTC
Tnks for the advice
LolBlink
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#14 - 2013-11-12 15:45:35 UTC
Don't mine in low sec ever. Low sec is for FW & pirates.

Mineral prices are down the toilet atm. You would be better off investing your time doing PI (Planetary Interaction) as prices for those materials are rising rapidly still atm.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#15 - 2013-11-12 17:57:32 UTC
you can probe for exploration sites that have asteroids in them (quite a few do), and you can also do mining missions I think. This gives you a layer of protection as people will have to scan you down.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Trevor Dalech
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#16 - 2013-11-13 06:46:23 UTC
I saw a retriever in low sec once, by the time I had switched ships to something that could kill it someone had beat me to it, and several latecomers were warping into the belt alongside me.

Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-11-13 07:07:33 UTC
Batelle wrote:
you can probe for exploration sites that have asteroids in them (quite a few do), and you can also do mining missions I think. This gives you a layer of protection as people will have to scan you down.

Grav sites are anomalies now, no probing or scanning necessary. Just open system scanner, warp to site.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#18 - 2013-11-13 15:16:39 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:
Batelle wrote:

Grav sites are anomalies now, no probing or scanning necessary. Just open system scanner, warp to site.

Duh, and this is terrible because everyone trying to kill you can do the same. I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about finding a combat site or a mission and mining in it.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

AlivarKohime
Deadspace Excavations
Shadow Ultimatum
#19 - 2013-11-14 01:24:38 UTC
Batelle i agreed it you ,but sometimes low sec is fine there is some very high profit ores but for my experience only it scouts or fleet whe can make a little profit.High sec is more secure and there some Ice belts in High that gives a great income.

tRollP