These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mad Ani live EVE stream petition

First post
Author
Xen Fang
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#181 - 2013-11-12 16:51:11 UTC
It seems like the haters are the most vocal here...

I'd like to point out that this entire proposal has started because of Mad_Ani's viewers. They were the ones who said CCP should hire him. He's doing this because the part of the EVE community that likes his stream have asked him to do it. I think he's interested in expanding on what he currently does, not just continuing the station-watching trying to catch fights.
Shun Makoto
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#182 - 2013-11-12 16:55:03 UTC
This has to be one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever seen on an internet forum. Someone who does nothing for the community literally begging for a job.

Mad Ani, you crucified yourself the moment you posted this stupid idea.

Kaalakiota-Kaatso Taokeruu Kaltiovon ArK. (Kalaakiota Business Research Corporation)

Head of Security

Kaalakiota Corporation

Patriot Faction

Davion Falcon
Those Once Loyal
#183 - 2013-11-12 17:13:18 UTC
No ****, no handleb...pigtails, no "I hate the community", no wish list for people to buy you stuff, nothing indicating you're doing anything in the spirit of Eve Online.

Denied.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise. Never forgotten, never forgiven.

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#184 - 2013-11-12 18:01:47 UTC
An post attacking a CCP employee has been removed.

Forum rule 30. Abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers is prohibited.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Sorbopalop Fabulopalop
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#185 - 2013-11-12 18:16:20 UTC
I have listened to mad ani for a little bit and I have come to the conclusion that this guy cares more about himself than he does about EVE. So please do not give this guy a Job it would be a waste of my subscription money.
Firefox4312 Yatolila
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#186 - 2013-11-12 18:48:49 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Xen Fang wrote:
It seems like the haters are the most vocal here...

I'd like to point out that this entire proposal has started because of Mad_Ani's viewers. They were the ones who said CCP should hire him. He's doing this because the part of the EVE community that likes his stream have asked him to do it. I think he's interested in expanding on what he currently does, not just continuing the station-watching trying to catch fights.

Dude, Ani then went and made the forum post begging for CCP to hire him, and then started spamming his splurging **** all over his stream and in local. Even if his viewers started the idea, he should've APPLIED like a normal person would've
*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
All power to the community for wanting him / hating him if he got CCP dev status, but the fact that he went to the forums and decided that it was his right to splurg about it, is what pisses the community off.
Firefox4312 Yatolila
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#187 - 2013-11-12 18:51:52 UTC
Sorbopalop Fabulopalop wrote:
I have listened to mad ani for a little bit and I have come to the conclusion that this guy cares more about himself than he does about EVE. So please do not give this guy a Job it would be a waste of my subscription money.

It took you this long? :o.

If it was towards the start of the fountain war when he first started streaming, he wasn't as bad as he was now, and he actually cared about his 35-45 viewers or so. But now that the power has gone to his head, he's become a massive selfish prick that begs on the forums for CCP to hire him, because he thinks he's above the community and superior to us. Like, he begged his stream for the money to buy a new PC so he can "stream better," and he already has new excuses as to why he can't stream good content in fights, and is asking for more money naturally..............
CorryBasler
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#188 - 2013-11-12 18:54:17 UTC
NO get out, motion denied
Rodrik Vikary
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#189 - 2013-11-12 20:12:20 UTC
Mad Ani wrote:
Before I contact anybody, I was told to create this so-called petition.

Who would like me to continue this full time as CCP Mad Ani?

I don't know if I can quote like this, but here it goes. I erased the rest of the text so this could be more easily seen.

Where exactly is written something like: CCP I BEG you, give me a job!"?

There are so many hate comments here, on twitter and even on his stream, with players creating names pretending to be CCP...why exactly? If you don't like it, just say you don't think he deserves a job for it. This post wasn't created as a job proposal or something like that as some people seem to believe.

I just wanted to make sure some people would actually read Ani's post and check some of these "facts" that so many people have been posting.
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Pandemic Horde
#190 - 2013-11-12 20:26:16 UTC
Honestly speaking, I never watched his stream without Adblock.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Firefox4312 Yatolila
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#191 - 2013-11-12 20:29:29 UTC
Alpheias wrote:
Honestly speaking, I never watched his stream without Adblock.

Good man.
Rodrik Vikary
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#192 - 2013-11-12 20:43:53 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
*Snip* Please refrain from discussing RMT. ISD Ezwal

About his stream being on Sub-Mode only, I was there when he did it. People were posting hate comments because of the anonymity of the internet and making the chat very unpleasant even for those who were watching like me, not only the streamer. So I agree that he should use Sub-Mode in this kind of situation.
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#193 - 2013-11-12 20:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Rodrik Vikary wrote:

About his stream being on Sub-Mode only, I was there when he did it. People were posting hate comments because of the anonymity of the internet and making the chat very unpleasant even for those who were watching like me, not only the streamer. So I agree that he should use Sub-Mode in this kind of situation.

Him changing it to sub-mode only isn't that big of a deal. He provoked that sort of response due to his own actions both prior to this thread being made and post which include but are not limited to:

- Asking for real world money to "improve" the stream.
- Asking for in-game money to "improve" the stream.
- Banning people who differed from his point of view.
- Banning people who told him how to improve the stream in their opinion.
- Banning people who commented his 'analysis' as a 'journalist' were incorrect.
- Complaining about people asking a question he may have gone over earlier in a fight.
- Negatively responding to people who have provided non-malicious criticism.
- Created a thread asking CCP to hire him on the merits of a stream where most of the time it is him being AFK. (Basically CCP paying someone to not do anything 80% of the time)

In short, he isn't as much of a victim as you may think when he provoked and gave reason for this sort of response from people.
MestariBation
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#194 - 2013-11-12 21:32:06 UTC
Brohatma Gaindhi wrote:
Why not CCP DBRB? Now here's a man who doesn't just stream Eve content, he provides it too.

I WOULD PAY, TO KEEP HIM OUT OF STREAMING BUSINESS

Send me isk im poor

Hegh Batlh
Stille Gewalt
#195 - 2013-11-12 21:49:23 UTC
Some haters some lovers - nothing new.

The Fact is he provides streams from fights, events and make some roams and highsec races. Yes there are others who are also streaming, but not in this quantity and quality and furthermore not so many big fights. He misses only a few because of timezone or private issues. The truth is no one can match his activity in the moment.

The programm for the fans is ok - Sometimes there are raffles for the viewers or subscribers – some argue there are more for the subscribers but thats ok because they pay real money for his stream.

But also for non EvE-Players ani provides infos – yes he must repeat himself over and over but thats normal when outsiders are watching the stream.

So over all the advertisement for EvE and CCP is high. His stream is even linked on normal gaming sites.

So hire him as an independent moderator so he can focus all his time on the streams. I hope the „eve weekly“ would appear as video show

The best is – to Find another steamer in other timezones e.g. US-Prime so they can provide toghether the streams with normal work times.
Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#196 - 2013-11-12 21:59:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Sipphakta en Gravonere
Hegh Batlh wrote:
The Fact is he provides streams from fights, events and make some roams and highsec races. Yes there are others who are also streaming, but not in this quantity and quality and furthermore not so many big fights. He misses only a few because of timezone or private issues. The truth is no one can match his activity in the moment.

That could have something to do with him until recently being unemployed - of course he then has more times to sit on his couch and stream "Eve Online - A bad game" than somebody who goes to work from 9-5.

Quote:
The programm for the fans is ok - Sometimes there are raffles for the viewers or subscribers – some argue there are more for the subscribers but thats ok because they pay real money for his stream.

Which is literally the same scheme Somer had: pay $$$ - get stuff.

Quote:
But also for non EvE-Players ani provides infos – yes he must repeat himself over and over but thats normal when outsiders are watching the stream.

He often provides inaccurate info, doesn't know tactics or fleet compositions, doesn't know sov-warfare. But instead of asking people who know, he just outright bans those that point out errors. Also, he often says stuff like "Just watch my older videos, I won't explain this again".

Quote:
So over all the advertisement for EvE and CCP is high. His stream is even linked on normal gaming sites.

So hire him as an independent moderator so he can focus all his time on the streams. I hope the „eve weekly“ would appear as video show

There already is a adequate "reward" for doing what he does - a media/fan site account.
Succendus Tegimens
Hey Fatty With Your Thick Face
#197 - 2013-11-12 22:03:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Succendus Tegimens
By all the logic going on in this thread, CCP should also hire the editorial staff of TMC.

Also, if you pay money to be entered into a for-profit raffle, and you can't enter the raffle otherwise, that's potentially illegal, depending on the state.
General Nusense
Doomheim
#198 - 2013-11-12 22:04:09 UTC
Since you are getting paid for streaming CCP content, you should have to pay CCP for use of their content. You shouldnt ban people from your stream who are not subscribers. This is showing how impartial you are and how easily you are trolled.

You ban everyone from your channel on a whim or if they say something that hurts your feelings. Sorry, but you need to ignore these people. Keep making your 4.99 per sub on your stream and get a job. Even when you are streaming and sitting behind your computer you miss most of the major fights.

inb4 banned, oh wait, i dont pay or visit your stream since there are ton of them out there that are better and not so bitter.

Made a signature so I am taken seriously on the forums, since thats the only thing they are good for.

Hegh Batlh
Stille Gewalt
#199 - 2013-11-12 22:17:05 UTC
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:

1. That could have something to do with him until recently being unemployed - of course he then has more times to sit on his couch and stream "Eve Online - A bad game" than somebody who goes to work from 9-5.

2.Which is literally the same scheme Somer had: pay $$$ - get stuff.

3. He often provides inaccurate info, doesn't know tactics or fleet compositions, doesn't know sov-warfare. But instead of asking people who know, he just outright bans those that point out errors. Also, he often says stuff like "Just watch my older videos, I won't explain this again".

4.There already is a adequate "reward" for doing what he does - a media/fan site account.

1. Yes, thats true but there is no one who is streaming the big events beside him. Only sometimes i mentioned the PL steam.
2. No, because it´s random it´s a giveaway thats not the same as a gamble site where stuff is assigned by lot.
3. I sayed it before it may be but that can be an opinion or interpretation. I don´t think all is false but iam new too so i dont judge this.
4. Don´t think so because you answered it yourself with answer Nr. 1 ..... stream 9-5 without beeing payed ...
Xolve
State War Academy
Caldari State
#200 - 2013-11-12 22:17:06 UTC
Gotta love this BNI dude coming at long time EVE vets trying to sway the masses into believing we are wrong, and Mad Ani's pathetic attempt at understanding a sov war is all that is right and true in the space galaxy.