These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

ISD CLOSE THIS THREAD.

First post First post
Author
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#181 - 2013-11-11 22:17:50 UTC
No, because I have a hunch I won't be playing during election time due to non-EVE related things.

Though, I still wouldn't vote for her.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Black Panpher
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#182 - 2013-11-11 22:18:45 UTC
Bao Xi wrote:
It was people like Psychotic Monk, Erotica 1, James 315, and others who brought me to this game. These are also the folks that generate the content that keeps me coming back.


Maybe you should learn to not be a sheeple?
Bao Xi
Krypteia Operations
#183 - 2013-11-11 22:22:59 UTC
Xavier Higdon wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
[quote=SurrenderMonkey]I will vote Erotica 1, provided you hire yourself an editor to improve your future PR efforts.

The value-per-minute of these recordings is very, very low.


Snip



You welcome us so that Bao Xi can mute anyone that disagrees with you? I brought questions, you called me a troll. I continued to ask them, you called me an alt of Heavy Rayne. I still persisted, and Bao Xi muted me. It seems a bit hypocritical to demand "transparency" from CCP when your response to dissent is to attempt to silence it. Vote for Erotica 1, guys! He'll give voice to your desires*!


I remember taking the executive decision to block you after repeatedly asking you to stop arguing and listen to the Town Hall until the part at the end where everybody could ask questions.

You came in with your mind made up, and instead of actually listening to the material being released, you just typed away frantically. I simply asked you to reserve judgement until Erotica and others had finished speaking.

Perhaps if you could contain yourself, you wouldn't be booted out of the presser. I only muted you for 30 minutes, and I stand by my decision. You were basically the equivalent of the redneck who calls Obama a gay-Kenyan-socialist-Muslim-fascist at a campaign event.

If you think your questions (which were obviously based out of ignorance and an unwillingness to hear the full story) were somehow "good", then I am truly sorry that we made the mistake of inviting you to the event. I was under the impression that you might, indeed, be a rational and thinking person.

I saw last night, and I am continuing to see today, that you are unwilling to engage with us in a robust and well informed debate.

Perhaps you are just a troll, after all. That was my first instinct.

   Literally impersonating myself     http://i.imgur.com/WcpOt.gif    click click what deals click click

Bao Xi
Krypteia Operations
#184 - 2013-11-11 22:26:14 UTC
Black Panpher wrote:
Bao Xi wrote:
It was people like Psychotic Monk, Erotica 1, James 315, and others who brought me to this game. These are also the folks that generate the content that keeps me coming back.


Maybe you should learn to not be a sheeple?


You're right. I should be a real individualist and AFK-mine asteroids alone for hours at a time, instead of hopping into TS with my friends and having a blast with some of the most down to earth people in the game.

But alas, I guess I am "sheeple". Isn't that what Alex Jones calls everybody that voted for Obama? That's kind of a funny coincidence, considering Erotica 1 is widely regarded as Space Obama.

   Literally impersonating myself     http://i.imgur.com/WcpOt.gif    click click what deals click click

Josef Djugashvilis
#185 - 2013-11-11 22:32:27 UTC
Dear Bao Xi, if you want to support Erotica 1, you should stop posting.

She is funny, you are just strident and annoying.

This is not a signature.

Job Valador
Professional Amateurs
#186 - 2013-11-11 22:34:01 UTC
x

"The stone exhibited a profound lack of movement."

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#187 - 2013-11-11 22:37:06 UTC
Niclas Solo wrote:
Why would anyone want a scammer and spammer to represent them?
Lowest of the low, make no sense.
Well ... there's that.

And there's mathematics.


The reason why it does not make any sense to you,
is because you are a narrow minded ... but i can explain it to you.


See, mathematics tell us that of any group of people,
the probability of all these people being alike (in your case: "the lowest of the low" ... whatever *that* means!)
decreases with every new person that joins the group.



It is simply impossible that all these scammers are alike,
for the same reason that all people simply aren't alike.


Of any group of people,
every time the amount of people in that group increases,
the amount of reasons why people join, increases too.

It is highly unlikely that ...
... all the people ...
... of a huge group of people ...
... share the same few reasons with the first few people in that group.



How many scammers do you think are there out there ?


Why do you have such a low view of scammers in the first place ?



I seriously don't understand your issue with spammers, though,
because *i* simply *block them* and that's that.

*You* rather waste your time and start argueing about something
that does not in any way have to bother you,
because you can easily remove it completely.


AND STILL, you come to this thread,
type your zero-value-response and hit POST.

You probably didn't even read the OP ! (i'm sadly unable to gather this information by myself)



The next time you want to press that ENTER key,
remember that you are a clueless, reactive moron ... before you hit it.


And I know you'll hit it, because i know it's controlling you completely.


Cheers.
Bao Xi
Krypteia Operations
#188 - 2013-11-11 22:39:06 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Dear Bao Xi, if you want to support Erotica 1, you should stop posting.

She is funny, you are just strident and annoying.


I'm not trying to be funny. I'm literally badposting.

   Literally impersonating myself     http://i.imgur.com/WcpOt.gif    click click what deals click click

Xavier Higdon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#189 - 2013-11-11 22:57:23 UTC
Bao Xi wrote:


I remember taking the executive decision to block you after repeatedly asking you to stop arguing and listen to the Town Hall until the part at the end where everybody could ask questions.

You came in with your mind made up, and instead of actually listening to the material being released, you just typed away frantically. I simply asked you to reserve judgement until Erotica and others had finished speaking.

Perhaps if you could contain yourself, you wouldn't be booted out of the presser. I only muted you for 30 minutes, and I stand by my decision. You were basically the equivalent of the redneck who calls Obama a gay-Kenyan-socialist-Muslim-fascist at a campaign event.

If you think your questions (which were obviously based out of ignorance and an unwillingness to hear the full story) were somehow "good", then I am truly sorry that we made the mistake of inviting you to the event. I was under the impression that you might, indeed, be a rational and thinking person.

I saw last night, and I am continuing to see today, that you are unwilling to engage with us in a robust and well informed debate.

Perhaps you are just a troll, after all. That was my first instinct.


And that is the problem, the evidence presented was no different than any of the other evidence previously documented. In fact, it was the exact same evidence posted on these forums, just read by someone instead of having people read it themselves. So tell me then, how my asking for the promised proof was based in ignorance and an unwillingness to hear the full story? Should I listen to the recordings backward? Do I need to listen to them on a Tuesday, when the moon is full while dancing over a virgin? If that is the case then I must implore you once more to give me the evidence, as it is not a Tuesday, the moon is not full, and I am sorely lacking a virgin. I have read the original thread. I have read the minerbumping articles. I have listened to the "press conference" multiple times now, and I still cannot find the evidence, or this full story, that you speak of. I do not mind you calling me a troll, and I do not doubt that yourself, Erotica 1 and probably many other friends of yours truly believe I am an alt of Heavy Rayne. That is fine, as it still does not change the fact that all I am asking for is the evidence that you say was provided. I cannot bring myself to listen to that "press conference" again. One time was enough, but I gave it two more tries in an attempt to understand where the full story was hiding. Where the "new evidence" that Erotica 1 said had come to light was. Is this truly such a difficult question to answer? Is it so much to ask that you provide what was promised?

And furthermore, on the argument of Erotica 1 running for the CSM: I am glad you have found your niche in New Eden. Erotica 1's scams give you reason to log in, and that is wonderful for you. However, for those of us that don't receive any of the ISK or assets taken from the "bonus room" victims, her "emergent gameplay" is quite meaningless. Now Erotica 1 and his friends, including you, have stated multiple times that he would be a good choice for all of New Eden. He has said he would fairly represent all player types, that he has no bias towards one kind of player. And yet all of his supporters, including yourself, are heavily biased toward Erotica 1's style of play. How will he reconcile his statements of being an individual that believes all playstyles are valid with the fact that all, or nearly all, of his supporters subscribe to a single playstyle and express views that other playstyles are invalid. Will he do as he has said, and represent all players equally, or is that just rhetoric in an attempt to gain support? If it is not rhetoric, how will he appease his core supporters without angering the others, and vice versa?
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#190 - 2013-11-11 22:59:32 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:



And I know you'll hit it, because i know it's controlling you completely.


Cheers.


Truth brought to you by Solstice Project.

Thread brought to you by Erotica 1.
Khira Kitamatsu
#191 - 2013-11-11 23:02:51 UTC
Purity by Fire wrote:
No from me

Nice to listen to but

Your in a alliance that just ganks chars new and old. You scam monies out of people and you also X for yourself which is the bit that pushed it over the edge for me


It's called emergent game play, and Erotica 1 is good at it. Don't mistake maliciousness over someone playing the game. Even if a person ganks a miner...that is not being mean, that is just them playing the game. If I drop a canister and you come and steal from it, and it allows me to attack you, well then that is your fault for not knowing the rules of the game. Same goes for when people get scammed...if you are so stupid to fall for something that sounds to good to be true, then you deserve to get fleeced. Erotica 1 is what helps make EVE Online the game it is and gives life to the Universe of EVE. They use the game to its full potential. How boring would EVE be if we didn't have scammers, gankers, goons, test, and all the other elements that make it what it is. Pretty damn boring.

So yeah...here is my

X

Ponies!  We need more ponies!

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#192 - 2013-11-11 23:04:08 UTC
Xavier Higdon wrote:
However, for those of us that don't receive any of the ISK or assets taken from the "bonus room" victims, her "emergent gameplay" is quite meaningless.


It's delightful that you feel you have the authority to speak on the behalf of that many players.

You're also completely incorrect. The fact that Erotica 1 has you fired up enough to be arguing with Bao Xi and posting walls of text is intensely amusing to me; Erotica has indirectly enhanced my game through this emergent gameplay. Your over the top response to being called out for trolling is absolutely wonderful to watch, and Reality TV could scarcely do better.

Thank you Xavier, and thank you, Erotica 1.
Xavier Higdon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#193 - 2013-11-11 23:11:16 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Xavier Higdon wrote:
However, for those of us that don't receive any of the ISK or assets taken from the "bonus room" victims, her "emergent gameplay" is quite meaningless.


It's delightful that you feel you have the authority to speak on the behalf of that many players.

You're also completely incorrect. The fact that Erotica 1 has you fired up enough to be arguing with Bao Xi and posting walls of text is intensely amusing to me; Erotica has indirectly enhanced my game through this emergent gameplay. Your over the top response to being called out for trolling is absolutely wonderful to watch, and Reality TV could scarcely do better.

Thank you Xavier, and thank you, Erotica 1.


The fact that the only response you have to any question as to how Erotica 1 might actually improve EvE Online is to call me a troll isn't entertaining to me at all. It's quite sad actually. I heard so many great stories of the intelligent people that play this game, how they come up with ingenious methods to scam people, to cheat and steal, to infiltrate and tear down empires. And yet the most common thing people come up with is, "YOU A TROLL!!!!! TROLOLOLOL!" Bao Xi just asked me to engage in a robust debate with him and the reponse is that I'm a troll? Come now child, try to keep up.
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#194 - 2013-11-11 23:12:23 UTC
Let me make this clear.

This is a thread judging pros and cons of someone being CSM.

This is not a thread about the Heavy Rayne incident.

Period.

If you would prefer to derail MY thread with your drivel...

I will report you.

'Mmkay? Thanks.

There are other threads dedicated to those issues.

Please post there.

Roll

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jessica Braun
Doomheim
#195 - 2013-11-11 23:15:52 UTC
LOL at the clowns who somehow think Erotica's manipulations and grifting somehow enhance the game.

He'll win because so many of you need something to break up the tedium that is your online existence. Erotica adds to the laugh track that plays behind Eve. There is no other redeeming quality that makes him worthy of office.

Fortunately, as is the case with most representative groups, nothing will change and at some point this he will go back to grifting the ignorant and confusing already confused gankers who think that is lip gloss on his avatar.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#196 - 2013-11-11 23:22:21 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Saying you won't vote for Erotica 1 to be CSM because he scams people in the game shows an inability to separate RL from ingame. Erotic 1's playstyle has no bearing on whether or not he'd make a good CSM. But his love and knowledge of the game as well as his desire to support the sandbox and emergent gameplay does.


Sorry i didn't know that, can you please tell who i can and can't vote for, i really don't want to be making any mistakes in the big election.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Burning Furry
United Stellar Federation
The Rogue University
#197 - 2013-11-11 23:29:12 UTC
Who?

Going to guess some null-sec whipping master?
Bao Xi
Krypteia Operations
#198 - 2013-11-11 23:46:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Bao Xi
Xavier Higdon wrote:
Bao Xi wrote:


I remember taking the executive decision to block you after repeatedly asking you to stop arguing and listen to the Town Hall until the part at the end where everybody could ask questions.

You came in with your mind made up, and instead of actually listening to the material being released, you just typed away frantically. I simply asked you to reserve judgement until Erotica and others had finished speaking.

Perhaps if you could contain yourself, you wouldn't be booted out of the presser. I only muted you for 30 minutes, and I stand by my decision. You were basically the equivalent of the redneck who calls Obama a gay-Kenyan-socialist-Muslim-fascist at a campaign event.

If you think your questions (which were obviously based out of ignorance and an unwillingness to hear the full story) were somehow "good", then I am truly sorry that we made the mistake of inviting you to the event. I was under the impression that you might, indeed, be a rational and thinking person.

I saw last night, and I am continuing to see today, that you are unwilling to engage with us in a robust and well informed debate.

Perhaps you are just a troll, after all. That was my first instinct.


And that is the problem, the evidence presented was no different than any of the other evidence previously documented. In fact, it was the exact same evidence posted on these forums, just read by someone instead of having people read it themselves. So tell me then, how my asking for the promised proof was based in ignorance and an unwillingness to hear the full story? Should I listen to the recordings backward? Do I need to listen to them on a Tuesday, when the moon is full while dancing over a virgin? If that is the case then I must implore you once more to give me the evidence, as it is not a Tuesday, the moon is not full, and I am sorely lacking a virgin. I have read the original thread. I have read the minerbumping articles. I have listened to the "press conference" multiple times now, and I still cannot find the evidence, or this full story, that you speak of. I do not mind you calling me a troll, and I do not doubt that yourself, Erotica 1 and probably many other friends of yours truly believe I am an alt of Heavy Rayne. That is fine, as it still does not change the fact that all I am asking for is the evidence that you say was provided. I cannot bring myself to listen to that "press conference" again. One time was enough, but I gave it two more tries in an attempt to understand where the full story was hiding. Where the "new evidence" that Erotica 1 said had come to light was. Is this truly such a difficult question to answer? Is it so much to ask that you provide what was promised?

And furthermore, on the argument of Erotica 1 running for the CSM: I am glad you have found your niche in New Eden. Erotica 1's scams give you reason to log in, and that is wonderful for you. However, for those of us that don't receive any of the ISK or assets taken from the "bonus room" victims, her "emergent gameplay" is quite meaningless. Now Erotica 1 and his friends, including you, have stated multiple times that he would be a good choice for all of New Eden. He has said he would fairly represent all player types, that he has no bias towards one kind of player. And yet all of his supporters, including yourself, are heavily biased toward Erotica 1's style of play. How will he reconcile his statements of being an individual that believes all playstyles are valid with the fact that all, or nearly all, of his supporters subscribe to a single playstyle and express views that other playstyles are invalid. Will he do as he has said, and represent all players equally, or is that just rhetoric in an attempt to gain support? If it is not rhetoric, how will he appease his core supporters without angering the others, and vice versa?


The evidence presented was not the same as had been posted in the forums. Had you actually listened instead of yapping the whole time, you might have learned something. Yesterday you made the same claims you are making today.

However, when you were making them yesterday, you wouldn't even have had the time to listen to the TS recordings. You just ignore evidence that might be at odds with your opinion. That is basically your schtick. You're the guy who yells loudly about unrelated matters after refusing to listen to any other opinion.

Good luck with that. :)

   Literally impersonating myself     http://i.imgur.com/WcpOt.gif    click click what deals click click

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#199 - 2013-11-11 23:49:59 UTC
Jessica Braun wrote:
Erotica adds to the laugh track that plays behind Eve. There is no other redeeming quality that makes him worthy of office.


If true, then Erotica 1 has more redeeming qualities than roughly 40% of the current CSM.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ayx Shewma
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#200 - 2013-11-11 23:50:09 UTC
X

we need more innovators like him.