These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Search For The Galaxy's Finest

Author
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#21 - 2013-11-11 05:47:56 UTC
Retro Dallas wrote:

Glad to hear that you made it to Caille, and enjoyed some of the food. However, did you manage to get to Crystal Boulevard and see that wonder of New Eden? The crystaline material ranges from plastic and glass to natural and manufactured crystals. There's not any sight quite like it, or an experience that can amaze you. That is, the only time I was close to having a similar feeling of marvel was when I went on a space walk just a few meters away from a nebula.

If you ever manage to get back to Caille, then check out the University. You won't find any other place so full of culture quite like that school.

Oh, come on, continue listing the most perverted, disgusting and filthy places to visit!
But I doubt there are even more indecent than that places exist. Even in the whole rotten Federation.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Retro Dallas
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-11-11 06:03:20 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Retro Dallas wrote:

Glad to hear that you made it to Caille, and enjoyed some of the food. However, did you manage to get to Crystal Boulevard and see that wonder of New Eden? The crystaline material ranges from plastic and glass to natural and manufactured crystals. There's not any sight quite like it, or an experience that can amaze you. That is, the only time I was close to having a similar feeling of marvel was when I went on a space walk just a few meters away from a nebula.

If you ever manage to get back to Caille, then check out the University. You won't find any other place so full of culture quite like that school.

Oh, come on, continue listing the most perverted, disgusting and filthy places to visit!
But I doubt there are even more indecent than that places exist. Even in the whole rotten Federation.

If lively people and entertainment is not your thing, there's always Hueromont, a coastal city that has quite the dark history. A bunch of innocent Gallente were killed there during the Gallente-Caldari war about 200 years ago.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#23 - 2013-11-11 06:13:02 UTC
Retro Dallas wrote:

If lively people and entertainment is not your thing, there's always Hueromont, a coastal city that has quite the dark history. A bunch of innocent Gallente were killed there during the Gallente-Caldari war about 200 years ago.

If I will ever visit it... I will do it in a Chimera.

Retro Dallas
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-11-11 06:25:53 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Retro Dallas wrote:

So long as you get there, I'll be waiting with a bottle of champaigne and with music playing. I'll talk to ya in person about the double slit theory and quantum computing.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#25 - 2013-11-11 06:34:09 UTC
Retro Dallas wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Retro Dallas wrote:

So long as you get there, I'll be waiting with a bottle of champaigne and with music playing. I'll talk to ya in person about the double slit theory and quantum computing.

As far as I remember from a handbook "Quantum Physics for Foot Soldiers", there was a double slit experiment, but not double slit theory.

Retro Dallas
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-11-11 06:48:34 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

As far as I remember from a handbook "Quantum Physics for Foot Soldiers", there was a double slit experiment, but not double slit theory.

Nice! So you got the principle understanding. I'm up for the chat if you are.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#27 - 2013-11-11 07:03:10 UTC
If you aren't afraid of your head being separated in the process, why not.

KasatkaKA60
Doomheim
#28 - 2013-11-11 14:32:10 UTC
Attempting to word this is as a friendly manner as i can...

Since you seem to like voicing your opinion on how much you hate everyone else, why dont YOU make suggestions then?

You seem to regard yourself as the higher culture, make suggestions as to what the State can offer.

i SPECIFICALLY requested you keep the damn politics out of this discussion right at the start of this whole thing. Can you please stick to the topic?

Im asking nicely. Please.
KasatkaKA60
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-11-11 14:35:30 UTC
As for the suggestions (the valid ones) i never did hit the University, i'll make a note of that. Thank you kindly Sir!

Wonder if they sell souvenir mockups of the crystal formations....
Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#30 - 2013-11-11 16:02:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Gwen Ikiryo
This is nothing more then you could probably find yourself with a cursory look into the local history, but if you're planning on making a visit to the homeworld - Saisio III, rather - the most historically important site to visit is likely the former Imperial capital, where you can visit the remains of the Royal Palace and see some of the few surviving White Song Birds in the world, which are most likely the most important symbol of Achur culture, as well as see some of the most ancient temples of the Faith. This would likely also be the best place to sample authentic local food and drink in a manner accessible to a foreigner.

Be wary not to spend too much time in the Sukuuvestaa administered zones on your way there, though - And since they pretty much run every spaceport, you will be passing through them - As literally everything in and around them is a tourist trap.

...Actually, you know, it's essentially inevitable you will fall for atleast one (SuVee is quite good at what they do, regrettably), so you should probably set some funds aside before venturing the the planet.
KasatkaKA60
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-11-11 16:20:41 UTC
Thank you very much for your suggestion Miss Ikiryo, and im not phased when it comes to cost. I've a sizeable fortune reserved to provide the cash for this little endeavor.

Salvaging in Federation space is good business these days.
Kentt Em'asep
Clone Red Creations
#32 - 2013-11-11 20:01:06 UTC
I find visiting the mountains or the deserts of the planet Matar very smoothing. Bring a tent and live like a nomad there for a few days. The only difference of staying in those places, is that on top of the quietness, you could hear the wind blow. It is a different feeling from up in space where you could hear nothing.

~"That's right. Today, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that... from here on until forever, every time you look at my avatar - you'll see this scowl."~

~"Forever?"~

~"Yes - forever. It's what I do."~

KasatkaKA60
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-11-14 18:34:10 UTC
At last finished with the Beer Pilgrimage, or more accurately a Religious pilgrimage through some of the Empires, finest and most spectacular scenery, during which i happened to find monasteries that made thier own beer.

Ive collected no fewer than 50 different brews of beer, ale and various wines and i doubt i shall finish it all in my lifetime! Every brew has its own unique taste, and each has varying effect on one sense of judgement. *hic*

All in all, a FANTASTIC journey! +1 for the empire!
Previous page12