These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stratios, good fits for exploring, missioning and PvP?

Author
Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#21 - 2013-11-10 12:45:46 UTC
Zeba wrote:
Both the frigate and cruiser will be worth every isk provided you have a competent gang to run with.

Solo should be viable but that will take some fancy faction fits.

As for me I'll be all over the astero. Explorers beware after rubicon hits. Pirate

Nice portrait. Smile
Shrike Arghast
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-11-10 18:27:07 UTC
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Zeba wrote:
Both the frigate and cruiser will be worth every isk provided you have a competent gang to run with.

As for me I'll be all over the astero. Explorers beware after rubicon hits. Pirate

Nice portrait. Smile

It's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. Very pretty character.
Enslaved Mistress
The Destiny Logistics.
#23 - 2013-11-10 18:33:09 UTC
[quote]Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Zeba wrote:

As for me I'll be all over the astero. Explorers beware after rubicon hits.

Nice portrait.

It's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. Very pretty character./quote]

Interesting, but now back to topic please. fits people!
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#24 - 2013-11-10 19:39:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Thaddeus Eggeras
Question.

Besides in High sec at the SoE stations where else can you cash in the SoE LP to get the SoE Ships? And how much LP will it cost for the BPCs and ships in high sec and low/null sec?
Thanks for the help.
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#25 - 2013-11-11 04:47:12 UTC
If I am in 0.0 at a SoE Academy, I shouldn't get the 50% knock up on the SoE ship prices right? It would be the same as all other faction ships and BPs?
Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
#26 - 2013-11-11 05:32:13 UTC
Here's an all-in-one exploration fit I was thinking of:

[Stratios, Exploration]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Centii C-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
10MN Afterburner II
Relic Analyzer II
Data Analyzer II
Large Capacitor Battery II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Focused Medium Pulse Laser II, Scorch M

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Ogre II x4
Garde II x4
Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Wasp EC-900 x4
Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot I x1

You should bring a some extra drones: different heavies/sentries/extra lights/mediums, some Scorch/Conflag, a set of different hardeners, an extra T2 medium repper, 3 cap rechargers and the Mobile depot so you can refit for up to 6/10 DED plexes with the fit I posted earlier in the thread, as well as being able to do exploration sites. I would also bringg some nanos/warpstabs/plates/shield extenders/neuts for a travel fit for travelling around more hostile areas of nullsec, with a proper travel fit you'll be nigh uncatchable except for the biggest and most well organized gatecamps.

This is going to be the best all-in-one explorer by a mile.
Janna Windforce
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-11-11 06:42:24 UTC
Correct me if i am wrong, but the PvP surprise factor is pretty much gimped by no reduction in targeting delay after decloak? Especially with the warp speed changes, almost everything will be gone in 10s before you can start locking stuff up.
Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
#28 - 2013-11-11 07:11:34 UTC
Janna Windforce wrote:
Correct me if i am wrong, but the PvP surprise factor is pretty much gimped by no reduction in targeting delay after decloak? Especially with the warp speed changes, almost everything will be gone in 10s before you can start locking stuff up.

The cloaking skill reduces the sensor recalibration time by 10% per level, so with cloaking 5 it's a 5 second delay. It's very workable, you can also utilize bumping to ensure that you get a lock on on ships that are pre-aligned/fast aligning. Also the warp speed changes do not change the align time so ships will still align the same as they did before. You can also fit a sensor booster to assist in getting the lock on faster.

I used a cloaky Proteus for WH hunting (with no sensor booster) and even with the 5 second delay I never had a ship manage to warp away from me before I got a lock on. You should decloak and immediately OH your MWD and barrel into them to give them a good bump if they're pre-aligned or in a fast aligning ship and have all your tackle gear OH'd so they can't escape the range. Basically your prey has to be on the ball AND be in a very fast aligning ship in order to get away in time. It's not as good as having the recalibration bonus, but it's still pretty good.
Janna Windforce
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-11-11 11:08:39 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:
Janna Windforce wrote:

The cloaking skill reduces the sensor recalibration time by 10% per level, so with cloaking 5 it's a 5 second delay. It's very workable, you can also utilize bumping to ensure that you get a lock on on ships that are pre-aligned/fast aligning. Also the warp speed changes do not change the align time so ships will still align the same as they did before. You can also fit a sensor booster to assist in getting the lock on faster.

I used a cloaky Proteus for WH hunting (with no sensor booster) and even with the 5 second delay I never had a ship manage to warp away from me before I got a lock on. You should decloak and immediately OH your MWD and barrel into them to give them a good bump if they're pre-aligned or in a fast aligning ship and have all your tackle gear OH'd so they can't escape the range. Basically your prey has to be on the ball AND be in a very fast aligning ship in order to get away in time. It's not as good as having the recalibration bonus, but it's still pretty good.

All right, when you put it this was, it looks more workable :)
Texty
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-11-11 16:29:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Texty
Niclas Solo wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Niclas Solo wrote:

So it is a myrm that can warp cloaked? maybe a little better agility?
Sounds like a fun ship but paying close to 1 bil for that?

"little better agility???" Its extremely agile. Its agility is between that of a cynabal and a vigilant, which are both absurdly agile ships.

w/ my skills, with no armor plates, stratios has a 4 second align time. nonplated myrmidon has a 8.4s align time.

Oh yes i updated EFT and played with it, very nice agility :)

But the first guy posting a fit say he can only use 4 heavys, EFT say my bandwidth is 125.
So who is right, 4 or 5 heavys?

At first it was 5, but now it's 4.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3685070#post3685070
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3779102#post3779102
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#31 - 2013-11-11 20:43:01 UTC
Oxide Ammar wrote:
Batelle wrote:
I have a lot of excellent fits for sentry drones but don't feel like sharing them. The secret is to use expensive modules and to make due with a 3 slot tank in either shield or armor.

I suppose i should also check out fits for heavy drones setups, which save you having to use omnilinks or drone scope ships or DLAs. Which probably leaves you room to fit lasers.

Don't worry, we will see them eventually..In your killmail..

I don't share my PVE lossmails. P

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#32 - 2013-11-18 02:35:25 UTC
After the patch please link good fits for the SoE ships. Big smile
Ginger Barbarella
#33 - 2013-11-18 03:16:38 UTC
der Senf wrote:
The real question is can they be used in fw plexes so we can farm those juicy warp core stabs. Big smile

Holy crap, I didn't even consider that!!!! Lol

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Camper101
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#34 - 2013-11-18 12:43:38 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
der Senf wrote:
The real question is can they be used in fw plexes so we can farm those juicy warp core stabs. Big smile

Holy crap, I didn't even consider that!!!! Lol

Lock-Delay after decloaking will ruin the idea tho :P I know not a single stabby-frig that can't warp out within 5seconds. What?

2013.03.01 13:30:58 notify For participating in the General Discussion Forum Section your trustworthiness has been adjusted by -2.5000.

My name is Hans. The "L" stands for danger.

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#35 - 2013-11-19 18:00:21 UTC
I'll lock-delay you!
Amarr Priest
Doomheim
#36 - 2013-11-20 04:23:35 UTC
[Stratios, Sansha Plexer 5/6 of 10]
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Centum A-Type Energized EM Membrane
Centum A-Type Energized Thermic Membrane

Corelum B-Type 10MN Microwarpdrive
Medium Capacitor Battery II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Beam Laser II, Aurora M

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Curator II x4

DPS = 465
Beam Range = 81km
Cap Stable = 56%
Defense = around 400 DPS vs Sansha / Blood Raiders

Haven't tested it but I think this fit could solo 5/10 deadspace and 6/10 if you have an alt or friend to apply breaking DPS to the overseerer in last room.
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#37 - 2013-11-20 10:04:58 UTC
I'm surprised that I am not the only one that is not using energy turrets on this ship. I do prefer to shield tank on drone boats though, although that Amarr cruiser bonus makes this ship a definite armor tank. I really want to keep 3 Drone Damage Amps for PVE, but that only leaves 2 slots for tanking.

The fitting on this ship is nowhere near as tight as that of an Ishtar though and I find myself comfortably fitting generic T2 gear with their higher CPU and power grid requirements, even with 4 med guns equipped. Overall I think I will stick with my Ishtar, but using the Stratios for the SoE arc right now on a 20m SP (with T2 drone skills) alt and having fun with it
Mocane Smith
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-11-20 11:30:28 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:

[Stratios, Exploration]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Relic Analyzer II
Data Analyzer II

Ogre II x4
Garde II x4
Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Wasp EC-900 x4

You should bring a some extra drones: different heavies/sentries/extra lights/mediums, some Scorch/Conflag, a set of different hardeners, an extra T2 medium repper, 3 cap rechargers and the Mobile depot so you can refit for up to 6/10 DED plexes with the fit I posted earlier in the thread, as well as being able to do exploration sites. I would also bringg some nanos/warpstabs/plates/shield extenders/neuts for a travel fit for travelling around more hostile areas of nullsec, with a proper travel fit you'll be nigh uncatchable except for the biggest and most well organized gatecamps.

Have you tried this in any ghost sites yet? Wonder how it will hold up, I saw JonnyPew's video of running a random lowsec ghost site on SISI pre-rubicon and he lost his Stratios in a matter of seconds :D

No idea what kind of fitting he was using though.
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-11-20 12:37:35 UTC  |  Edited by: ChromeStriker
The way i see it, you throw out your little mobile depo in a deep safe somewhere and then switch out depending on the site. No need for both types of analyzers or probe launchers.
Hardeners will be to whatever your going up against. For the Ghost sites you can brick tank it (for those explosions) and generally optomise for anything else...

Main trick is your rigs...thats what im really looking at lol

No Worries

Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
#40 - 2013-11-20 14:01:13 UTC
Mocane Smith wrote:
Dato Koppla wrote:

[Stratios, Exploration]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Relic Analyzer II
Data Analyzer II

Ogre II x4
Garde II x4
Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Wasp EC-900 x4

Have you tried this in any ghost sites yet? Wonder how it will hold up, I saw JonnyPew's video of running a random lowsec ghost site on SISI pre-rubicon and he lost his Stratios in a matter of seconds :D

No idea what kind of fitting he was using though.

I saw the video too, he ran it again and survived the second time, he showed his fit in that video. It was basically T2 1600mm plate, EANM II, MAR II, DCU II, 2x Aux pumps and the explosions brought him from around full armor to around half armour. In EFT/Pyfa it shows as 37.6k EHP with 26.1k in armor, meaning roughly 13k alpha damage with roughly 60% resists but what damage type exactly I don't know.

With the mobile depot available it's quite simple really, just switch the DDA in my fit for a T2 1600mm plate and the battery for a cap recharger and you should have no trouble tanking the explosion at least for the site JohnnyPew did which is a lowsec Serpentis ghost site if I'm not mistaken.