These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

return after 4 years to the same unforgiving game

First post
Author
atpc
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#81 - 2013-11-08 11:58:15 UTC
helyean wrote:
Just like I said, I quit in 2009 because of how the games learning curve was completely unfriendly to new people. Yeah it’s a great game I thoroughly enjoy every aspect of it. what i do not enjoy it how the only way that it offers a season MMO player who wants to enjoy just a small amount PVE play before I start any pvp, it’s not about me not understanding the mechanics, hell learning cookie cutter specs and how specific class work along with an open range of difference to learn, just so happens to be what I love about MMO’s. What I do not love, is the fact that I can be sitting in a high sec, minding my own business (and it’s not like I ever went to someone else and blown them up when they were doing the same) running my own mission and have some class bully run up and blow me up because they think its funny, then give the excuses that I was just firing fireworks at you and that this is me teaching you by destroying everything that you worked at for the last 2 weeks.

So yeah if that’s the only way a person can say is how other players are supposed to learn how to play this game, then why would I or anyone I know ever want to play. I mean come on, my brothers playing this game to. We both quit that long ago, I now have a lot of guild buddies who are playing rift and gw2, why would I ever try to convert them to this game if all they have to look forward to is the people who have been playing since the beginning, just wants to dump on all the newbies. And you can sit there and tell me that I haven’t read enough, watch enough videos, or any other BS about how I can just figure this game out enough to defend myself because all I feel like is a boy with a stick fighting off a pack of a pack of wolfs with no better reason than, you look like you’d be fun to screw with.

And fyi, the people in game I am talking about, if you ever want to give them a piece of your mind is as follows.

Rohak Burko
Of
Havoc Violence and Chaos

Keikira Otsada
Of
New Eden Investment Company
Episodek
Seecko Sickley
Of
First Negative
Angry Spy
Of
SOERI SKYTEAM
Choco Peach
Of
Federal Navy Academy

He's adorable
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.
#82 - 2013-11-08 12:02:25 UTC
helyean wrote:
Just like I said, I quit in 2009 because of how the games learning curve was completely unfriendly to new people. Yeah it’s a great game I thoroughly enjoy every aspect of it. what i do not enjoy it how the only way that it offers a season MMO player who wants to enjoy just a small amount PVE play before I start any pvp, it’s not about me not understanding the mechanics, hell learning cookie cutter specs and how specific class work along with an open range of difference to learn, just so happens to be what I love about MMO’s. What I do not love, is the fact that I can be sitting in a high sec, minding my own business (and it’s not like I ever went to someone else and blown them up when they were doing the same) running my own mission and have some class bully run up and blow me up because they think its funny, then give the excuses that I was just firing fireworks at you and that this is me teaching you by destroying everything that you worked at for the last 2 weeks.

So yeah if that’s the only way a person can say is how other players are supposed to learn how to play this game, then why would I or anyone I know ever want to play. I mean come on, my brothers playing this game to. We both quit that long ago, I now have a lot of guild buddies who are playing rift and gw2, why would I ever try to convert them to this game if all they have to look forward to is the people who have been playing since the beginning, just wants to dump on all the newbies. And you can sit there and tell me that I haven’t read enough, watch enough videos, or any other BS about how I can just figure this game out enough to defend myself because all I feel like is a boy with a stick fighting off a pack of a pack of wolfs with no better reason than, you look like you’d be fun to screw with.

And fyi, the people in game I am talking about, if you ever want to give them a piece of your mind is as follows.

Rohak Burko
Of
Havoc Violence and Chaos

Keikira Otsada
Of
Episodek
Seecko Sickley
Of
First Negative
Angry Spy
Of
SOERI SKYTEAM
Choco Peach
Of
Federal Navy Academy

lol. oh my. you are playing the wrong game.
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#83 - 2013-11-08 13:25:29 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Obunagawe wrote:
This is why PLEX costs 600M and rising. We grief the new players out of the game who would buy PLEX, and make another dozen new alts on a whim. We are slowly killing ourselves in our short-sightedness.
That doesn't even make sense!

Why in hell are people allowed to speak,
when they have no idea what they are saying?!

He's ♪Tah-roller-roller-roller-rollan.♫
OP is srs tho.
Srs bsnss.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#84 - 2013-11-08 15:05:57 UTC
So learn how to become the wolf.

It's actually not difficult.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#85 - 2013-11-08 16:30:35 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Quote:
What I do not love, is the fact that I can be sitting in a high sec, minding my own business (and it’s not like I ever went to someone else and blown them up when they were doing the same) running my own mission and have some class bully run up and blow me up because they think its funny, then give the excuses that I was just firing fireworks at you and that this is me teaching you by destroying everything that you worked at for the last 2 weeks.

Eve basically lives and dies on allowing as much freedom of interaction between players as is reasonably feasible.

That's the product that they are really selling here.

Disliking that level of freedom is like eating a steak and disliking that there's beef in it. If you don't love that you (and others) have that freedom, then at a fundamental level, the game really is not for you.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-11-08 17:13:31 UTC
When the griefers come... they come unannounced and it feels like a matador is taunting OP with his reddest red cloth, and..... OP is the bull.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#87 - 2013-11-08 17:14:29 UTC
helyean wrote:

Rohak Burko
Of
Havoc Violence and Chaos

Keikira Otsada
Of
Episodek
Seecko Sickley
Of
First Negative
Angry Spy
Of
SOERI SKYTEAM
Choco Peach
Of
Federal Navy Academy

lyes ....
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#88 - 2013-11-08 17:20:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Quote:
What I do not love, is the fact that I can be sitting in a high sec, minding my own business (and it’s not like I ever went to someone else and blown them up when they were doing the same) running my own mission and have some class bully run up and blow me up because they think its funny, then give the excuses that I was just firing fireworks at you and that this is me teaching you by destroying everything that you worked at for the last 2 weeks.

Eve basically lives and dies on allowing as much freedom of interaction between players as is reasonably feasible.

That's the product that they are really selling here.

Disliking that level of freedom is like eating a steak and disliking that there's beef in it. If you don't love that you (and others) have that freedom, then at a fundamental level, the game really is not for you.

I'm stealing this from you. You just summed up everyone who plays EVE while not liking...EVE.
Leviathan84
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2013-11-08 17:42:24 UTC
Ill offer a non-troll response (although its pretty difficult not to lol)....

You need to join a corp willing to show you the ropes man. There are a TON of corps out there recruiting the fresh blood of eve and if you put a little effort into it, you might actually make some great friends in the process.

You can totally play this game solo if that's your style. But you better a damn good gamer.

Just scan the recruitment thread and apply to a high sec newbie friendly corp to start out.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#90 - 2013-11-09 00:07:39 UTC
Leviathan84 wrote:
Ill offer a non-troll response (although its pretty difficult not to lol)....

You need to join a corp willing to show you the ropes man. There are a TON of corps out there recruiting the fresh blood of eve and if you put a little effort into it, you might actually make some great friends in the process.

You can totally play this game solo if that's your style. But you better a damn good gamer.

Just scan the recruitment thread and apply to a high sec newbie friendly corp to start out.

Completely non troll response as well.

Join my corp. ROC Academy. We are extremely noob friendly, we play in lowsec on an almost daily basis(with a full T1 ship reimbursement program), and we encourage almost all aspects of the game. We also own our own wormhole if that interests you.

Best example of a non-idiotic highsec corp I have seen.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#91 - 2013-11-09 00:44:20 UTC
I'm trying to figure out how you can walk onto an eve forum, make a thread insulting its players and expect a positive response...

Eve IS unforgiving. That's why people play it.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2013-11-09 02:33:53 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how you can walk onto an eve forum, make a thread insulting its players and expect a positive response...

If EVE were one of those "hold your hand and make sure you always get a trophy" games, I'd have quit long ago...

[#savethelance]
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#93 - 2013-11-10 11:48:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad

Why would you be insulted over what he said? There is a large sub-set of people within Eve who love the tears of others, having fun at their expense is part of the fun of Eve for me.

Interestingly, I know this is a sweeping generalisation, but most of the people in this sub-set seem to be amazingly thin-skinned at anything they see as an insult...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#94 - 2013-11-10 14:31:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Rath Kelbore
I don't understand why people like this make posts. Just don't play the game if you don't like it. I don't like many games, yet I don't go posting on their forums my reasons.

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Angry Spy
#95 - 2013-11-13 14:08:50 UTC
helyean wrote:

Episodek
Seecko Sickley
Of
First Negative
Angry Spy
Of
SOERI SKYTEAM
Choco Peach
Of
Federal Navy Academy

Hi, dude! It isn't necessary to compare EVE to any other MMO! Look for friends and you will be happy :)
fly safe 0/
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#96 - 2013-11-13 14:13:06 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

If EVE were one of those "hold your hand and make sure you always get a trophy" games, I'd have quit long ago...

I got this for you Jarod, Yea, I know you said you don't want a trophy, but everyone needs one! http://www.freerangekids.com/im-so-proud/

Big smileBig smile
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#97 - 2013-11-13 14:14:06 UTC

Eve IS unforgiving. That's why SANE people play it.

Fixed
Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2013-11-13 15:34:24 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

I got this for you Jarod, Yea, I know you said you don't want a trophy, but everyone needs one! http://www.freerangekids.com/im-so-proud/

Big smileBig smile

Oh, gods, Jenn..... my ex girlfriend follows that blog like it's a religion.
You just brought back some disturbing memories....

[#savethelance]
Efraya
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#99 - 2013-11-13 15:39:21 UTC
Give me your stuff, you will not be disappointed.

[b][center]WSpace; Dead space.[/center] [center]Lady Spank for forum mod[/center][/b]

Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa
The Perfect Harvesting Experience
#100 - 2013-11-13 16:45:08 UTC
It is threads like these that make me feel good about myself. :-)