These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Did CCP actually do that?

Author
Borsek
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#61 - 2013-11-08 17:28:50 UTC
What would have made this event awesome and not a total and complete waste of my time would be CCP bridging everyone from the staging systems straight to null, into a reinforced node. That way we'd get a huge blob of empire bears vs a huge blob of null bears, it would lead to a laggy but fun fight and empire bears might actually get convinced that they can hold their own and people might make new alliances and/or join existing ones.

The way it was lead, however, reminded me of those factory lines where chickens are clamped into a conveyor belt that proceeds to cut their heads off.

I won't be joining any more live events, instead, I'll stay in my wh home and laugh at the people that do. TiDi is exactly the reason why nullsec sucks.

2/10 CCP, bad event is bad and you should feel bad.
Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#62 - 2013-11-08 18:13:17 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Yea. CCP just shot themselves in the foot... well really in the @ss....

I actually feel bad for some of the people that blindly followed CCP's directions and got obliterated... And to think there was suppose to be sometype of.. story to this?







The hilarious part happened when when people who made it form the satging sytem to the event objective (made it to light up a BLops Cyno in my prowler, gotta love interdictor speed+cloak in TiDi) the actors were already bored and Devstroyed the objective just as the first armor fleet managed to get more than 70 members.
Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#63 - 2013-11-08 18:14:28 UTC
Borsek wrote:
What would have made this event awesome and not a total and complete waste of my time would be CCP bridging everyone from the staging systems straight to null, into a reinforced node. That way we'd get a huge blob of empire bears vs a huge blob of null bears, it would lead to a laggy but fun fight and empire bears might actually get convinced that they can hold their own and people might make new alliances and/or join existing ones.

The way it was lead, however, reminded me of those factory lines where chickens are clamped into a conveyor belt that proceeds to cut their heads off.

I won't be joining any more live events, instead, I'll stay in my wh home and laugh at the people that do. TiDi is exactly the reason why nullsec sucks.

2/10 CCP, bad event is bad and you should feel bad.


Indeed. You summed up my whole new attitude towards this situation.
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#64 - 2013-11-08 22:21:22 UTC
Starain wrote:
Arrowhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fqAIjcb-fk
DarkSide.+Gorgon Empire+Bright Side of Death vs Everyone and The Backstabbers^W Unthinkables
Gathering all the pain on the way from heaven to hell: Sarum Prime - Doril - Hemin - RMOC-W
Despite of fact that my ship is dead, that our fleet was backstabbed - at the end of video, time dilation from 5 to 25%, lags - it was COOL!

1. http://kb.ds-alliance.com/battle/b9596/
2. http://kb.ds-alliance.com/battle/b9599/
3. http://kb.ds-alliance.com/battle/b9600/

Soundtrack:
1. Sagisu Shiro - The Ultimate Soldier ("EVANGELION:3.0"YOU CAN(NOT)REDO. DISC1)
2. Sagisu Shiro - Bataille d'Espace ("EVANGELION:3.0"YOU CAN(NOT)REDO. DISC2)

your cool man :) thankyou for the links
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#65 - 2013-11-08 22:26:54 UTC
Borsek wrote:
What would have made this event awesome and not a total and complete waste of my time would be CCP bridging everyone from the staging systems straight to null, into a reinforced node. That way we'd get a huge blob of empire bears vs a huge blob of null bears, it would lead to a laggy but fun fight and empire bears might actually get convinced that they can hold their own and people might make new alliances and/or join existing ones.

The way it was lead, however, reminded me of those factory lines where chickens are clamped into a conveyor belt that proceeds to cut their heads off.

I won't be joining any more live events, instead, I'll stay in my wh home and laugh at the people that do. TiDi is exactly the reason why nullsec sucks.

2/10 CCP, bad event is bad and you should feel bad.

a few days ago we had supers and titans tackled in tidi after many many hours of fighting the server crashed. it made many of up upset. after cpp brought you to our staging system we almost forgot what happened a few days ago. I apologize that yout group was not prepared to run into nullsec war. there was a three way going on as your group jumped into it. CCP or who ever was that fleets fc should consider treating all null sec as null sec. many of your group pods were like 3 billion . over 2 billion fitted faction ships. kitchen sink sank.. sorry
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2013-11-09 02:39:08 UTC
Elfi Wolfe wrote:
Caviar Liberta wrote:


Those that might be tired of high sec might actually like what happened even if they died in a ball of fire. Those that didn't will remain in the relative safety of high sec.

You mean that we have no chance of wining and just serve to pad your killboard?


Not my killboard, unless you are blinky red or a valid war target. I try to stay as far away from Empty Sec as possible.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2013-11-09 02:46:36 UTC
Madgic wrote:
Whilst I fully appreciate that the Hisec players got expertly lead to their deaths, we need to spare a thought for the Lowsec, and Null sec players that didn't even make it to the second staging point LOL.

Over 2000 players set off, about 1300 through High and about 700 through low, by the time we got to the staging point, I think there were about 3 left, and on arrival at the staging point, it was clear that TiDi had claimed over 1000 pilots before the event even started.

I guess at least if this marks the end of incursions and the Multiboxing Diva Nerds. then perhaps the 4 hour warp through tar was worth it.



We (Villore Accords+Galmil) moved a fleet or few into the area. TiDi wasn't that bad. A couple systems had it but wasn't that noticeable.
Borsek
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#68 - 2013-11-09 05:10:45 UTC
ALI Virgo wrote:
stuff



Man, I don't give a crap, I brought a drake and a 50M pod, when the piece of... brick? died, I switched to a locally bought griffin and started looting the wrecks, and I got a domination x-large booster which basically covered the worthless stuff I brought.

My problem was 20j of tidi, which seperated the empire fleet into smaller 10-man gangs. By the time I reached lowsec, even, the event was already over (killed by CCP).

I was in nullsec at some point, and I do know how it works. I've done the blob stuff before, and I got bored of it real fast. Now I live in wh space, which I prefer, due to the 30v30 man engagements max (rarely ever more than that). I was fully prepared to die, but I was hoping for an 'epic' engagement of capsuleers and NPCs (or devs in ships), a giant clusterfuck of everyone versus everyone, something that would be part of eve history, you know? Something that revealed a bit of lore, or the end of empire incursions, or the unveiling of ghost sites or something that would change eve. This was, however, just a waste of (my) time.

Good for you guys though, glad to hear you got some nice kills out of that, at least someone had a good time.
Atomic Option
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2013-11-09 06:39:49 UTC
Elfi Wolfe wrote:
Maybe the event was to show the Empires dieing to the null sec alliances. What next? Goons taking over Gallente empire?

Made it to system but 2/3 of fleet die on the way. Made it back to empire in pod after running 5 gate camps.


It would be amusing to watch goons take TEST's space again. Kinda like watching an Old Yeller marathon.
Halki Haxx
Collective-Company
#70 - 2013-11-09 13:00:43 UTC
I probably would have joined but there was a party at ccp headquarters so...
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#71 - 2013-11-09 13:50:28 UTC
Halki Haxx wrote:
I probably would have joined but there was a party at ccp headquarters so...


So a good time was had by all then?TwistedRoll

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Halki Haxx
Collective-Company
#72 - 2013-11-09 14:47:32 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Halki Haxx wrote:
I probably would have joined but there was a party at ccp headquarters so...


So a good time was had by all then?TwistedRoll

food and beer paid by ccp so a pretty good time
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#73 - 2013-11-09 14:59:43 UTC
Halki Haxx wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Halki Haxx wrote:
I probably would have joined but there was a party at ccp headquarters so...


So a good time was had by all then?TwistedRoll

food and beer paid by ccp so a pretty good time



Quafe Strippers and human sacrifice, excellent entertainment then,

What could possibly go Wrong?

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Alaric Faelen
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#74 - 2013-11-09 20:20:31 UTC
I think the major failings of CCP during the event were more to do with people's expectations, than what was being offered. The high sec fleet wanted this to be a 'training' fleet, where they would be instructed in PvP. Instead, it was just a convoy to a battle ground and everyone was sort of left to their own devices.

In CCP's defense however, the middle of a combat fleet is not the time to be asking how to broadcast for reps, or how to set up comms or overviews. If the fleet had taken on training people on those basics, it would have never left high sec. There are corps that specialize in training, like E-Uni. Even there you will have all that stuff set up before you ever join a combat fleet.

A live event with thousands of other players trying to enjoy themselves is the wrong place to expect everything to stop for tutorial instruction.

On the other hand, Eve is notorious for critical information being obscure or only found in sources outside the game. The event announcement would have been a good place to compile that kind of info for easy reference. A set of links, perhaps partner with E-Uni to use their library of instructional pages- would have gone far in people not feeling so utterly lost.

I can't speak to CCP's (lack of) FC'ing. Only that in a fleet without everyone on voice comms, not everyone knowing how to use the broadcast window, etc....the FC is facing an impossible task. Movement orders, target calling, when to GTFO...all happens too quickly to rely on typing in fleet chat. Consider the FC's position with 1000 people in fleet, most of them new to PvP, and most of them unable to adequately communicate. I'm not excusing poor leadership like not delegating authority or tapping experienced players in fleet to help out, but you do have to step back and realize that the FC's were working with their hands tied.

The locations seemed poor choices. A long slog for the high sec folks, but we null sec people only had to take a few actual gates after using our jump bridge networks in sov space. I got blown up and was able to reship and rejoin the fight within a few minutes. Not only was the convoy horrible in TiDi for the high sec people, but they were half the map from home.

Lastly, the fact that the high sec fleet was crushed was inevitable for many reasons. The one's I've mentioned already, but also- regardless of their numbers, the high sec fleets were kitchen sink affairs without a co-ordinated tank choice, engagement range, common ammo that can be shared, etc.
In contrast, my fleet had something like 47 people in it, and we obliterated the CCP Vindi fleet in 8V. We had something like 120+ kills for about half a dozen losses before we went home. Our fleet was based on a solid doctrine of mutually supportive ships, with all fleet roles filled before we ever left home. We bring a balanced fleet, not just a gaggle of DPS boats spamming F1, everyone has a role and is expected to fill it.
Given that this level of co-ordination was impossible with the high sec fleets, the odds were stacked against them from the start, no matter if they outnumbered us 10 to 1.

Like I said, it's just a game. I had fun even when I screwed up, and landed directly in the middle of an enemy fleet. I swear I could hear them laughing across the internet as they melted my ship and podded me in seconds. I just wiped off the clone goo and fired up another ship to rejoin the fight.
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#75 - 2013-11-10 02:11:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Aerelius
Alaric Faelen wrote:
A live event with thousands of other players trying to enjoy themselves

The event announcement would have been a good place to compile that kind of info for easy reference. A set of links, perhaps partner with E-Uni to use their library of instructional pages- would have gone far in people not feeling so utterly lost.

The locations seemed poor choices. A long slog for the high sec folks, but we null sec people only had to take a few actual gates after using our jump bridge networks in sov space. I got blown up and was able to reship and rejoin the fight within a few minutes. Not only was the convoy horrible in TiDi for the high sec people, but they were half the map from home.


I've edited the above (while it was a good read and one of the most postive I've seen from one of "you guys" lol) this is what I posted in the threadnaught:

Maximus Aerelius wrote:
While I appreciate what you are saying from an IG perspective the fact of the matter is that this didn't just affect IG Characters this affected real people in their real lives. Yes, "EVE is real" and all that but you know as well as I do that this was a disaster.

I personally put in time of work due to CCP's propaganda regarding this event. That was my choice, correct, and had it been the event it was advertised to be for all involved then I would as previously stated been bragging to all and sundry of how awesome EVE Online is and that I was there I was part of something that took EVE forward (pre-determined outcome assured) and that I had fun doing it.

Instead of the above, my Corp Mate logged for the night, I spent 4 hours in TiDi hell and I was docked in Sarum Prime the night before so it wasn't even getting to the 1st staging system where my TiDi hell started. En-route info was filtered through from the 3 channels we had open "Intergalatic Summit", "Live Events" and "The Summit" along with Local, Fleet etc and OFC Twitter. 3 jumps out from Shedoo and it was all over according to the channels of which nothing much was being pushed through.

So while I appreciate that IG lore and the propaganda machine will spin this fantastically it makes no matter to the fact that CCP abused it's player base of paying customers for what would appear to be 'Office Entertainment' and failed to deliver a LIVE Event and the preparation required to host it. Therefore it should apologise to those people who did attend to try and add content and that changed their actual lives to enable this.

EDIT:

Oh and I was burning as fast as possible under 10% TiDi in a Drake with my fleet strung out over 4/5 systems I believe from around 1900hrs. Didn't even get to our RV in Shedoo to form up and head in before it was declared over.


This rage I believe is nothing to do with the "PvP" side of this event but more to do with the above and that we were CCPd.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#76 - 2013-11-10 12:40:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Sgt Ocker
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Alaric Faelen wrote:
A live event with thousands of other players trying to enjoy themselves

The event announcement would have been a good place to compile that kind of info for easy reference. A set of links, perhaps partner with E-Uni to use their library of instructional pages- would have gone far in people not feeling so utterly lost.

The locations seemed poor choices. A long slog for the high sec folks, but we null sec people only had to take a few actual gates after using our jump bridge networks in sov space. I got blown up and was able to reship and rejoin the fight within a few minutes. Not only was the convoy horrible in TiDi for the high sec people, but they were half the map from home.


I've edited the above (while it was a good read and one of the most postive I've seen from one of "you guys" lol) this is what I posted in the threadnaught:

Maximus Aerelius wrote:
While I appreciate what you are saying from an IG perspective the fact of the matter is that this didn't just affect IG Characters this affected real people in their real lives. Yes, "EVE is real" and all that but you know as well as I do that this was a disaster.

I personally put in time of work due to CCP's propaganda regarding this event. That was my choice, correct, and had it been the event it was advertised to be for all involved then I would as previously stated been bragging to all and sundry of how awesome EVE Online is and that I was there I was part of something that took EVE forward (pre-determined outcome assured) and that I had fun doing it.

Instead of the above, my Corp Mate logged for the night, I spent 4 hours in TiDi hell and I was docked in Sarum Prime the night before so it wasn't even getting to the 1st staging system where my TiDi hell started. En-route info was filtered through from the 3 channels we had open "Intergalatic Summit", "Live Events" and "The Summit" along with Local, Fleet etc and OFC Twitter. 3 jumps out from Shedoo and it was all over according to the channels of which nothing much was being pushed through.

So while I appreciate that IG lore and the propaganda machine will spin this fantastically it makes no matter to the fact that CCP abused it's player base of paying customers for what would appear to be 'Office Entertainment' and failed to deliver a LIVE Event and the preparation required to host it. Therefore it should apologise to those people who did attend to try and add content and that changed their actual lives to enable this.

EDIT:

Oh and I was burning as fast as possible under 10% TiDi in a Drake with my fleet strung out over 4/5 systems I believe from around 1900hrs. Didn't even get to our RV in Shedoo to form up and head in before it was declared over.


This rage I believe is nothing to do with the "PvP" side of this event but more to do with the above and that we were CCPd.
Many from the nulsec alliances in attendance believe CCP led Event Participants to their dooms to appease those who had been affected by a recent system crash which caused the premature end of a major battle.

Conspiracy Theory;
Large Nulsec group is involved in a major fight, unplanned so server node not reinforced, server crashes leaving large nulsec entity somewhat peeved.

CCP did in fact plan on using NPC titans to bridge event attendees to the battleground (explains why new "staging" route experienced so much TIDI as nodes were not reinforced)

To appease large nulsec entity, CCP decided to not use NPC titans and simply move staging for the event to a place (places) where the nulsec entity was known to be staging. (Meet in Sarum Prime for the event, now move 20 jumps to the staging area?)

Due to Tidi, poorly organised fleets and poor communication, event participant fleets were spread out like an overgrown grapevine.

CCP knowing the event would end in a slaughter at the hands of vastly superior nulsec fleets, had prearranged the end of the event. Many of those who managed to make it to (or close to) the event location, were informed the event was over. (the slaughter of the empire fleets was still going on)

The outcome was inevitable; Nulsec entities were to some extent appeased by CCP handing them a LOT of relatively risk free kills. CCp will find a positive way to spin this as a successful event and use it for future advertising.

***This is as stated a wild theory and is not in any way based on truth

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#77 - 2013-11-10 13:16:55 UTC
"So CCP took your assets, your time and your trust and then wasted them horribly?"
"Yes, ma'am" *sobs*
"Welcome to the club, new pilot" *pats back*

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#78 - 2013-11-10 13:35:47 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
"So CCP took your assets, your time and your trust and then wasted them horribly?"
"Yes, ma'am" *sobs*
"Welcome to the club, new pilot" *pats back*





Want to buy another plex?

YOU HAVE TO BE F*^%#^ JOKING?!Big smile


Hopefully they will come to their senses on Monday.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#79 - 2013-11-10 13:57:04 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
"So CCP took your assets, your time and your trust and then wasted them horribly?"
"Yes, ma'am" *sobs*
"Welcome to the club, new pilot" *pats back*


Want to buy another plex?

YOU HAVE TO BE F*^%#^ JOKING?!Big smile

Hopefully they will come to their senses on Monday.


And the headlines start on Eve News24: Greedy Goblin: The largest awox in the history of EVE Online.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#80 - 2013-11-10 14:19:23 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
"So CCP took your assets, your time and your trust and then wasted them horribly?"
"Yes, ma'am" *sobs*
"Welcome to the club, new pilot" *pats back*



Hopefully they will come to their senses on Monday.


And the headlines start on Eve News24: Greedy Goblin: The largest awox in the history of EVE Online.

Please CCP
This is no longer nullbears vs carebears,or discussing incompetence and implementation, the very ethics and structure of the company are now being ridiculed in major internet widely read sources.

This has gone beyond a disaster and has turned into an extinction level event.

This really needs an emergency response.

People on the Forums are begging for answers before we decide how we can justify being able to continue playing this game.
There are clearly many more on the internet who are deciding now without the benefit of your response.
This is of a massively greater magnitude than anything that has EVER happened before. IGNORING IT is just making things worse.

Please at least a short statement calling for calm.And assure people it is being treated seriously.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE