These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Rapid Missile Launchers - v2

First post First post First post
Author
Zvaarian the Red
Evil Leprechaun Brigade
#381 - 2013-11-09 08:12:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Zvaarian the Red
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
XvXTeacherVxV wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Both ships would have around 50 seconds of up time followed by 40 seconds of reload meaning that over extended engagements their true dps would be a bit more than half of the dps number above.

Less up time, less reload time would be better. Cut both by 50-75%. Then you'd have small clips that you could burn through in less than 20 seconds and you'd avoid the no fun zone that is long reload times since it'd be about 10-15 seconds.

Advantages
- Reload time is still long enough to be a disadvantage but not so long it's unbearable.
- You could even take the opportunity to switch damage types which adds more room for good players to maximize their damage.
- Overall DPS would be about the same and the frontloaded DPS wouldn't be so extreme.

Win/Win/WIn.

For this to be appropriately balanced, the "high dps window" needs to be long enough to bring down a typical target. Then the reload window needs to be long enough to make it un-ideal when sustained dps is important. I think your 20s attack, 10-15s reload is too short on both accounts, and the 50s attack, 40s relaod is just about ideal.

40s attack time and 20s reload time is about as far as I can see it going without these weapons being avoided like the plague by nearly everyone. And even then only if sustained dps numbers are brought more in line with what they are now. Though honestly I think the idea is fundamentally flawed and should not be pursued at all.

And it should really be noted that without the range and explosion bonuses on most battleship hulls applying to RHMLs these things were already going to be incredibly niche. Now they are going to be more useless than niche to be honest.
Ransu Asanari
Perkone
Caldari State
#382 - 2013-11-09 08:19:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Ransu Asanari
Not a fan of this idea. A few people said it, but if one of the advantages of missiles is the flexibility of the selectable damage type, and ability to switch to FoF missiles, then putting a huge delay on the reload removes that advantage. And I call it an advantage despite so many of the missile hulls having a fixed damage bonus (kinetic), making it less true that pilots are switching missiles during an engagement.

I would rather see you guys shelve this module altogether for now, and focus on coming up with a full plan for fixing the entire missile weapon class to be viable and different compared to gunnery.

The upcoming Gunnery Tiercide which removes the requirement for the previous size weapon to be trained up before training the next size removes one of the key differences between missiles and gunnery. This allowed missile users to specialize in one weapon system faster, at the cost of more SP per system in a size - for example Rockets + Light Missiles vs Small Hybrid Turrets (Rails + Blasters). This post goes over how the SP values for training missiles need to be rebalanced, consdering the investment, and the support skills only applying to one weapon class (Missiles) versus 2 of 3 in Gunnery classes (Hybrids, Energy Turrets, Projectiles).

For a missile tiercide, you need to fix FoF missiles, Defender missiles, and countermeasures or just admit that some are useless and replace them. We also need modules for letting us adjust the missile velocity, travel time, and explosion radius outside of rigs. This was said to be coming for a while, and I'd rather see energy put into this than shoehorning another module into the middle of a weapon size.

I'd also like to see a proper progression for missile ships, because they are all over the place right now, and really feel like the ugly stepchild.

• Caldari have a lineup of missile ships but are stuck with mostly kinetic damage bonuses. You could call if half a progression since it's split with Hybrids. The progression does have T1, T2, and T3 ships.

• Minmatar don't really have a progression for missiles, and I pity the new pilot who tries it. For T1 ships - Breacher, Bellicose, Cyclone, Typhoon. But once you get to T2, you only have the Hound and the Claymore, which are very specialized roles. I was hoping the Claw in the Interceptors rebalance would be switched to missiles, and there are no HACs or AFs which use missiles in the lineup either. I am happy we got rid of the split weapon system requiring an effective pilot to train both missiles and projectiles, but it should have been replaced by something.

• Amarr have the Khanid lineup and the Legion, but no T1 missile ships, so no real progression for a new player - you're effectively forced into training Energy Turrets first. I am looking forward to the new Malediction and Heretic in Rubicon.

• Gallente had Roden ships (again only T2), but now that it's being changed to be hybrids in Rubicon, that's another option removed for missile ships (No Ares, Lachesis, Eris). I was hoping to see a full missile lineup in Roden with bonuses for either Hybrids or Missiles to give people the option to choose the weapon system, but that didn't happen.

• All races having stealth bombers using different torpedo damage types, even when there's no progression to get to them.

So to be able to use missile ships, you have to train all races, which is an expensive proposition, and needing multiple races is usually only needed for pirate faction ship bonuses. Speaking of which, I'm hoping when the pirate ship rebalance happens, the Worm and will be as useful as a Daredevil or Dramiel. Since Blood Raiders, Sansha, and now Sisters of EVE ships are bonused to Energy Turrets, and Guristas are mostly used as drone boats, there might be some opportunity here as well.

Hopefully this was more constructive and less of a rant.
Zvaarian the Red
Evil Leprechaun Brigade
#383 - 2013-11-09 08:39:51 UTC
Very well said Ransu.
Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#384 - 2013-11-09 09:12:41 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

Rapid Launchers (both Light and Heavy) will be changed to have a much higher damage per second number, roughly on par with Heavy Assault Launchers and Torpedo Launchers respectively, but their ammo capacity will be reduced and their reload time will be increased increased (think Ancilliary Shield Boosters). Some specifics:
I really like the approach and I think, once it's iterated into the right place, that this could be a starting point for a proper gunnery 'tiericide' for some of the 'dual' versions of frigate/cruiser turrets.

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#385 - 2013-11-09 09:21:30 UTC
Ransu Asanari wrote:

So to be able to use missile ships, you have to train all races, which is an expensive proposition, and needing multiple races is usually only needed for pirate faction ship bonuses. Speaking of which, I'm hoping when the pirate ship rebalance happens, the Worm and will be as useful as a Daredevil or Dramiel. Since Blood Raiders, Sansha, and now Sisters of EVE ships are bonused to Energy Turrets, and Guristas are mostly used as drone boats, there might be some opportunity here as well.

Hopefully this was more constructive and less of a rant.

I pretty much agree with everything, but I wanted to point out one little detail - Sisters of EVE are bonused to drones, not lasers. The Astero has no laser bonus at all and the Stratios has it as a role bonus.
Cordelia Mulholland IV
Hum Bole Enterprises
#386 - 2013-11-09 09:37:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Cordelia Mulholland IV
I like the idea and the potential changes in tactics that this will produce. Nice one CCP Rise. I do have some reservations and constructive input, but in general, sounds like it'd be fun and lead to some very exciting skirmishes.

I've read most well reasoned posts in this thread & skimmed over the hysterical omg sux so bad stuff. Let's just get one thing straight...

Such a mechanic is, in general, better suited to skirmishes / solo / tiny gang use. Just like those ASBs that you might have heard of. So, the people crying because it won't be better at killing red crosses than existing missile systems, please continue as before, you've lost nothing. People crying because it won't be of much use in huge blob vs huge blob, please continue as before, you've lost nothing. To all those who fly solo, in tiny gangs or prefer quick small scale skirmish tactics, or people who can find potential uses for such a missile system, please provide some much needed well reasoned input.

RLMLs first.

• It will add more depth & decision into gameplay e.g. Primary the RLML firing ship and remove his very effective dps as quickly as possible? Or leave him until he gets near finishing his reload? Similarly who you engage or primary first gets more interesting when you have a percentage of your dps removed for a while.
  • For ships like the Rupture that have a "spare" missile slot, this will probably be the goto launcher. It's make a great addition to these hulls for small scale PvP.
  • Even for slightly bigger gangs, the RLML will be great for removing light early tackle. It's a sort of small counter to the big buff that light tackle is getting with Rubicon's warp changes.
  • The effectiveness of the RLML is considerably reduced by it being pointless to reload the "correct" ammo when a fight kick off. This will probably mean roaming with Kinetic or Thermal and hope you don't run into T2 Caldari / Galente. This change does fly in the face of the reducing the instances of Kinetic missile bonus that has occurred during tiericide, which essentially made it viable to pick and choose your damage type with missiles. This change reduces that for RLMLs & RHMLs.
  • In general, I see the RLML being useful and adding considerations into the mix.

Now let's take the RHML.

• Main issue is scenario for use. Micro scale skirmish tactics basically require cruiser (sometimes BC) and smaller hulls. RHMLs are used on BS hulls so skirmishing is not really feasible.
  • For plain vanilla solo / micro gang stuff, again BS hulls aren't usually used, but it's not unheard of. It's just not very popular. RHMLs would potentially be used for removing tackle quicker, but generally your drones do this for you if you're in a BS.
  • Bringing along 1 RHML fitted BS in a small gang for it's cruiser killing capacity is probably going to slow things down too much for a small roaming gang of cruisers, particularly with the Rubicon warp changes.
  • Gate camps? Yeah maybe, but slow lock time on a BS and then potentially reloading when someone else jumps in means it's not really feasible.
  • For hulls such as the Tempest that have "spare" launcher slots, again I think the RHML could work well for small scale PvP.
  • Reloading ammo just before a surprise fight kicks off is more likely than with cruiser hulls as at leas tyou'll probably survive until it reloads. But it'll still be a silly thing to do. You're stuck with the ammo you've already got loaded.
  • What we have left is a role for the RHML as an efficient remover of heavier cruiser tackle in small gangs of BS hulls. It's quite a niche use. If you're brave (or crazy?) I guess you could go solo roaming in a RHML & MJD fitted BS hull. You do at least have a decent amount of EHP to get you through your reload. But it is really niche.

A big difference between this mechanic used for weapons and a similar mechanic used for tanks (AARs & ASBs) is that weapons have different charges that you want to load depending on circumstances. AARs & ASBs do not. Having said that, the changes may work relatively well for the RLML, but the RLML already works quite well. It would add more decision and consideration to gameplay.

The RHML however is potentially always going to have a more niche role (unless it's OP and ubiquitous) and with the burst / long reload idea, it has possibly become even more niche. If you're happy with it being quite specialized, I'd say go ahead and implement it and see how it pans out. The ASBs required tweaking after going live. I'd expect this would require it to.

EDIT: What if ammo reloads took the standard 10 seconds (or instant?) but only when the launchers are ALREADY loaded to capacity? This way you can choose your ammo before a fight and then decide to change ammo near your reload point if you so desire.
Seolfor
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#387 - 2013-11-09 09:38:49 UTC
No. Just No.

Nothing about a 'high cooldown' ability is fun, in any game. Especially when said 'ability' currently is 1/4th that cooldown.

You want to balance RLMLs/RHMLs, just tune down their ROF to what you think is appropriate.

You want some unique flavor - please add 'Swarm' ammo as suggested above - with your mechanics i.e. small clip size and 40sec reload, but major RoF boost.

That would give uniqueness and choice, while balancing the module.

Making random changes that make primary weapon systems disabled for 40 seconds is plain BAD game design.

If these were new modules, that too would work, as someone said, would be a great addition for all those 1-2 launcher Hardpoints on mostly Minmatar Cruiser+ The high burst, situational dps would complement the brawl range AC fits very well indeed. Enough to really become a choice vs putting neuts, which is currently a no brainer.

Add choice, not boring game mechanics.

Please.
Viceorvirtue
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#388 - 2013-11-09 09:39:22 UTC
This change is likely going to happen to rlm, although it's probably going to be a 20 second reload. Heres my reasoning:

It been mathmatically proven (there are several graphs and hard numbers) that hml are not viable against smaller targets (frigates and cruisers) when compared to nearly all other weapon types in a solo/small gang situation. Hams face potentially severe application issues that also make them unused on many hulls for solo/small gang. Buffing hmls by giving them enough damage application to be used consistantly vs smaller targets would make blobs of hml ships too powerful. This leads to the awkward situation where you have hulls such as the caracal/scythe fleet issue/cerb that are very good for kiting but have no really ideal damage application outside of flying in a specific gang or having to use standard crash the majority of the time. Rlms solve this problem, allowing these hulls which are very good for kiting and facing off against multiple ships a way to actually apply damage.

What ends up happening is that rlms seem to be the go to choice for everything because there are no other options that produce any similar results. Without being able to unnerf hml application it gets to the point that rlm is amazing for solo/small gang and hml/hams are really only great on hulls that can support it well such as the cyclone which will likely have a web and crash, or a cerb using standard crash and relying on the hulls projection bonus. When you look at the stats it appears that rlms are best for the majority of situations because the majority of situations are smaller engagements. Changing rlms does not mean people will switch to hmls or hams because as previously mentioned, these weapon systems just aren't flexible enough to be used with as much regularity compared to other weapon systems.

When this change happens I expect a number of solo/small gang attempts to make it work although it seems far more likely that people will merely change to flying ships such as the navy omen instead. Front loading the damage also makes it terrible in any extended fight which isn't an uncommon occurrence. They can be used to a much greater extent in large gangs but become terrible when working as anti tackle in a small gang extended fight and can easily be manipulated into either not firing and waiting for tackle, or having a significant window for tackle to come in unopposed. In this situation replacing the caracal with a navy omen solves this problem very easily and gives relatively no benefit to having the caracal in your gang.

Sure it can be useful to have front loaded missile damage on the rare occasion but that's not really something an anti tackle ship is generally needed for and even then you can still do similar damage with the navy omen. Turning frigates and intys into mincemeat but not really being usable vs cruisers essentially makes the rlm system obsolete compared to medium lasers and even medium rails.

The problem with rhml still isnt solved because you still have subpar application compared to cruise launchers. There are graphs and hard numbers to back that up as well. Allowing rhmls to work with ship application/projection bonuses would actually fix this problem although ccp seems to have no intention of doing that at the moment. Having rhmls work with ship bonuses and leaving rlms as they are would be the best option in my eyes as that keeps the caracal/scythe fleet/cerb/osprey navy as viable solo and small gang ships without having them potentially overpowered vs frigates in very small fights or difficult to actually pull their weight and therefor having decreased viability in extended fights.

As I said though I expect this change to go through in some form (especially after what happened with the hurricane) so it will probably be far more likely that small gang shifts more into ishtars with navy omens supporting, and really hurts newer players as they can't fit into fleets and be as useful in a longer fight.

The damage selection thing is also an issue I almost forgot about and now that I consider it I would not expect to see many rlm ships in solo/small gang mostly due to that alone.
Marcus Walkuris
Aww yeahhh
#389 - 2013-11-09 10:26:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Walkuris
In reference to Ransu's post up.
I dedicated a wall of text to this topic too.
I expressed training times in multiplier totals with the explanation that an x8 multiplier equals an almost exact 2 mill SP or one month with perfect attributes/implants.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=292493&find=unread

Essentially missiles need a very long and hard looking over.
And they NEVER made sense as I explain and have always claimed.
If you have an 18x multiplier total for gunnery support and a 21x for missiles.
Excluding weapon specialization you have the scenario where if you do rush say "cruise missiles"+support you are at 1x SP multiplier less as a gunnery skill-path of small medium large turrets, plus support. 26x cruise vs 27x for a gunnery line.
Very little a coincidence I'm sure.
Also missiles hang on target painting as their "equivalent" of a tracking computer, 12x multiplier total right there for something effortless for gunnery users.

Missiles need the same approach in gunnery at least to the extent that:
Gunnery has multiple sized weapons in the same turret group and more ammo types.(knowing quite well there usually is a optimal turret type, it is still a plus point).
Missiles have 2-3 different launcher types per size bracket which allow for way less flexibility in engagement profiles, and very little ammo difference.
Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#390 - 2013-11-09 10:56:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Angelus Ryan
This isn't merely a bad idea. It is a horrible idea. Unable to select damage types, unable to switch to FoF when jammed/damped. What the hell is this change good for?

Stop pigeonholing ships and fits into fleet support roles. There are enough ways to fit ships for anti-tackle roles already! We don't need the RLML Caracal/Bellicose to become pretty much useless in solo or very small gang situations because you cannot reload damage type and cannot load FoFs without flying around like an idiot for 40 seconds.

Seriously, this is idiotic. Not every single thing in the game needs to be balanced via the ASB route! The ASB route works because the modules have ONE charge type and do not rely on different charges for part of their utility. Doing this for a module which inherently needs to reload (and quite often) to be useful is bad design.

Back to the drawing board on this, please! Or better yet, just abort this idea altogether.
Ransu Asanari
Perkone
Caldari State
#391 - 2013-11-09 11:11:54 UTC
I'm glad to see the discussion on the skillpoints disparity - it seems many of us feel this way, and the back and forth on the RHML module seems to show there isn't a solid plan behind it. I'd rather see CCP wait and fix missiles properly, rather than introduce new modules only to have to fix them later.

I've started a thread in the Jita Park Speakers Corner about this - maybe we can push this to get some focus around the need for some attention to the missiles weapon system.
Jarano Styles
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#392 - 2013-11-09 11:32:47 UTC
OH NO !!!!!!!!!!

I am a true Caldari, and i like to use Rockets and Missiles, and i understand, that the previous changes would be too powerful,

BUT 40 - 50 SECONDS RELOADTIME is far too much, even 10 seconds is quite a lot of time,
each other weaponry has got much... less reloadtime.

You were putting the stats of the missles down all the time, since i started playing eve.
It all started with nerfing the Drake and decresing firerange of Heavy Missiles, i was abel to shoot about 80 km with the HMs, you nerfed it, also the DPS, exploding speed and signatureresolution.

Please don´t Change the stats of the Rapid Light Missile Launcher (RLMS), these things are good, a lot of ammo inside
and 10 Seconds reloadtime.

So why, dont you set the Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers (RHML) similar to the RLML
And dont change the RLML, leave them untouched.

And the ammorack with 23 Missiles is too less. What about 60 or 50 for the amount of ammo ?
And slightly enhance the firerate the RHML. These one´s are for Battleships not for Cruisers, because of the high Power and CPU usage, remember that.

Don´t make them unworthy to use.

Imagine a PvP fight, where you are not able to shoot for 50 seconds !!
Within 30 seconds, you are dead in the most cases !!

Nobody would use Missiles anymore, if you were changing the stats like that.

Sweet Lane
Haidamaky
UA Fleets
#393 - 2013-11-09 11:41:30 UTC
Deych wrote:
RIP RLML Caracal

+1
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#394 - 2013-11-09 11:49:35 UTC
Angelus Ryan wrote:
This isn't merely a bad idea. It is a horrible idea. Unable to select damage types, unable to switch to FoF when jammed/damped. What the hell is this change good for?

Stop pigeonholing ships and fits into fleet support roles. There are enough ways to fit ships for anti-tackle roles already! We don't need the RLML Caracal/Bellicose to become pretty much useless in solo or very small gang situations because you cannot reload damage type and cannot load FoFs without flying around like an idiot for 40 seconds.

Seriously, this is idiotic. Not every single thing in the game needs to be balanced via the ASB route! The ASB route works because the modules have ONE charge type and do not rely on different charges for part of their utility. Doing this for a module which inherently needs to reload (and quite often) to be useful is bad design.

Back to the drawing board on this, please! Or better yet, just abort this idea altogether.

Since it came on friuday.. it seems as an idea fueled by excessive beer.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#395 - 2013-11-09 11:58:58 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Hi!

As you guys know, we're introducing Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers in Rubicon for battleships that will echo the Rapid Light Launchers in design. Well, now that the current design has been out and available for discussion for awhile, we've taken on a lot of feedback and we don't feel completely satisfied with them.

The problem we're facing is that it's very hard to create a good balance between rapid launchers and their on-size counterparts(torpedo launchers, cruise launchers, heavy missile launchers and heavy assault missile launchers). Currently I feel we have the numbers high enough that they are almost always the right choice, but if we tune them down at all they will almost never be the right choice. We would much rather that the decision to use rapid launchers depended heavily on context and that you would choose them not because they were generally better than their competition but because your specific situation called for them.

Here's the plan to improve the situation:

Rapid Launchers (both Light and Heavy) will be changed to have a much higher damage per second number, roughly on par with Heavy Assault Launchers and Torpedo Launchers respectively, but their ammo capacity will be reduced and their reload time will be increased increased (think Ancilliary Shield Boosters). Some specifics:

Rapid Light Missile Launcher rate of fire set to:
Rapid Light Missile Launcher I ------------------------- 7.8s
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II ------------------------- 6.24s
Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher --- 6.24s
Other meta types not shown

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher rate of fire set to:
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I ------------------------ 6.48s
Rapid Heavy Missile launcher II ------------------------- 5.185s
'Arbalest' Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I ------------ 5.185s
Other meta types not shown

Reload time for both groups set to 40 seconds.

T2 Rapid Light Launchers can carry roughly 18 charges
T2 Rapid Heavy Launchers can carry roughly 23 charges

This translates to a Raven with 3x BCU, T2 Rapid Heavy Launchers and Scourge Fury missiles doing 926 dps
This translates to a Caracal with 3x BCU, T2 Rapid Light Launchers and Scourge Fury missiles doing 409 dps

Both ships would have around 50 seconds of up time followed by 40 seconds of reload meaning that over extended engagements their true dps would be a bit more than half of the dps number above.

This would provide new strategic gameplay for Rapid Missile users as well as their opponents. It would make these systems stronger against ships that can be killed inside the active window(smaller ships) but worse over longer fights, which would usually mean fights against ships in the same class or larger. It would generally be more interesting but would also leave more space for the main missile systems to thrive as well.

Let me know what you think and keep in mind that numbers may be adjusted slightly as we continue to test.
Thanks

Absolutely horrid

In tidi you are taking a system off line for 6 minutes and 40 seconds? Seriously?

You basically remove the rapids from any form of PvP, and make their use in PvE dubious at best, if you hadn't noticed RMLS Caracals are the go to for new caldari pilots, and you would invalidate the hull for all of them. That is just to long, and heavy missiles are still in an overnerfed state since you gave EVERY other medium weapon system exactly what was taken from heavies.

In small gangs you lose a ship for nearly a minute? What are you supposed to warp out or tackle and hope they don't notice you can't shoot back at them?

Naoru Kozan
Perkone
Caldari State
#396 - 2013-11-09 11:59:45 UTC
To be honest, I was scratching my head as I read this. Why change a weapon system that works well within it's niche? RLML are not massively overpowered.

"Oh, Mr Falcon, would you mind waiting 40 seconds while I swap to FOFs? Thanks mate."

The idea of a "Swarm" launcher/ammo type sounds pretty cool. But radically reworking RLMLs is not needed. If anything the fittings could be increased to limit overtanked Caracals/Scythe Fleets or the DPS numbers could be tweaked.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#397 - 2013-11-09 12:03:19 UTC
This thread reming me about HML nerf...

People are really attached to their OP stuff.

Right now, RLML are almost always better than HML on cruisers, and they almost obsolete destroyers : they are OP.

HML might have been slitghly overnerfed (people cryed for it though ; I mean those who used them...), but LM have been overbuffed I think. But then the problem is light missiles, not RLML in themselves.

As for this new mechanic, I find it excellent. And people are completely ignorant about what these 40s means. In this version, a Caracal will be able to kill 2 or 3 frigates before reloading 50seconds later. In fact, this is a huge buff for FW situations where they already obliterate frigates because they will now do it faster before warping out anyway. It's simple : if the fight last less than 2 minutes, you'll be better served than before ; and if it last longer, dps will slightly fall, but you might have taken the advantage anyway.

As for those crying about the anti cruiser capabilities of RLML, this is exactly the proof of their OPness : they should not replace HAM or HML...

Missiles... *sigh*
i Beast
If you Die Its Rapid Light
#398 - 2013-11-09 12:13:58 UTC
I thought that it will be a better patch. Rise crash it.
i want to change type of dam. 40 sec!
falcon. 40 sec!
rewarp pvp style!
Gorski Car
#399 - 2013-11-09 12:15:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Gorski Car
Bouh Revetoile wrote:

Right now, RLML are almost always better than HML on cruisers, and they almost obsolete destroyers : they are OP.

HML might have been slitghly overnerfed (people cryed for it though ; I mean those who used them...), but LM have been overbuffed I think. But then the problem is light missiles, not RLML in themselves.

As for this new mechanic, I find it excellent. And people are completely ignorant about what these 40s means. In this version, a Caracal will be able to kill 2 or 3 frigates before reloading 50seconds later. In fact, this is a huge buff for FW situations where they already obliterate frigates because they will now do it faster before warping out anyway. It's simple : if the fight last less than 2 minutes, you'll be better served than before ; and if it last longer, dps will slightly fall, but you might have taken the advantage anyway.

As for those crying about the anti cruiser capabilities of RLML, this is exactly the proof of their OPness : they should not replace HAM or HML...

Missiles... *sigh*

Do you seriously expect to be able to go up in a frig against a ******* cruiser and win every single time. There are ways frigs can kill rlml caracals but since you are so ******** I wont even tell you. Stop crying about your **** fw frig blobs dying to well piloted cruisers.

Regards you ****er **** ****
Based God

Collect this post

Kane Fenris
NWP
#400 - 2013-11-09 12:18:40 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:

Missiles... *sigh*

i agree with you the problem does not lie so much with the mechanic it self but with the ability to switch ammos.
the mechanic is maybe balanced or atleast it could be balanced (rof and reload a easily adjusted).

but even the sugested hey you can swap ammo on a smaller timer but wont get increas in charges is only equivalent in situations where your launcher is alread full or nearly full.
in situations where youd want to change ammo when your launcher is nearly empty you were able to combine those two options, but now your severely punished if you do not empty your launcher before reloading in a fight.