These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Subscriber Cash Down the Drain

First post First post
Author
Praise the Yeti
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#121 - 2013-11-09 02:09:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Praise the Yeti
Rekon X wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Hai.

Eve is a game we all love.

That said many problems do exist and will continue to do so.

As an eve subscriber that has channelled my hard earned rl isk into playing i can only but ask how eve might have been better today if CCP had not chanelled so much into speculative projects.

I ask the communtity for their opinions.

How better might todays eve have been if CCP had not over streched.

Bad ps3 game / emo vampire game vs better servers - you decide.

Both have yet to prove they will ever be anything other than eve subscriber cash down the drain.

But, hey, we have a really bada$$ expansion on the way.

Oh, wait, that is a total fail job also.

A few nik, naks, a new site and few new ships?
Expansion?
kk
The eve player sub cash spent on dust and vampires will go full circle i guess
Next time you curse eve for whatever reason just consider that ccp channelled ur cash elsewhere, it might have been differnet?
kk Big smile
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#122 - 2013-11-09 04:23:30 UTC
Tippia, if I may and if you are still online... Saying that EVE would not exist if they didn't try to make Dust is kind of absurd.

If you read my posts before, it is basically impossible with the current player numbers that Dust to make anywhere near as much money as EVE.

In that Dust is a money drain and a burden to EVE.

Sure if the next project is a success, then it won't be a problem, but if the projects cost more money than they make, then that is a problem.

If Valkyrie is a sucess (and I wouldn't mind it if it would be) then we won't have to be concerned, but so far the only attempt to go to market to expand the business has been a failure.

So there... The money spent on Dust could have went to EVE and got a better return.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

adarma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#123 - 2013-11-09 04:35:57 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Tippia, if I may and if you are still online... Saying that EVE would not exist if they didn't try to make Dust is kind of absurd.

If you read my posts before, it is basically impossible with the current player numbers that Dust to make anywhere near as much money as EVE.

Sure if the next project is a success, then it won't be a problem, but if the projects cost more money than they make, then that is a problem.

If Valkyrie is a sucess (and I wouldn't mind it if it would be) then we won't have to be concerned, but so far the only attempt to go to market to expand the business has been a failure.

So there... The money spent on Dust could have went to EVE and got a better return.

Valkyrie will not be a success, it is only purpose is to counter SC. All "counter" MMOs in known history are now in peace in the MMO cemetery.
Praise the Yeti
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#124 - 2013-11-09 04:40:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Praise the Yeti
Captain Tardbar wrote:

Not to jest, I read the forums, but some people with likes on these forums are over rated.

Just saying.

The lack of proper retorts to pressing questions presented in this thread have indeed highlighted many chinks in the armour.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#125 - 2013-11-10 17:58:41 UTC
Quote:
16. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department