These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Booster hauling

Author
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#1 - 2013-11-08 12:00:38 UTC
Per the title I need to know how to ship boosters en masse from Jita to another system.
Clearly these boosters managed to make it *in* to Jita safely, now how do I get them out?

DST?
JF?

Also need to know how concord/faction police respond to ships carrying said boosters ie mechanically how these things get confiscated etc
Morgan Torry
Arma Purgatorium
#2 - 2013-11-08 12:03:17 UTC
This question has been asked multiple times, and using Google I found four entries in the first five results. Forum search was meh, admittedly, but the Google links to the forums posts where the discussion was had.

Arma Purgatorium - What is Podded May Never Die

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#3 - 2013-11-08 12:27:21 UTC
That's very helpful but in future I'd like a link. Some links google gives are literally years old and often outdated hence why I came here and didn't use Google
Morgan Torry
Arma Purgatorium
#4 - 2013-11-08 13:01:57 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
That's very helpful but in future I'd like a link. Some links google gives are literally years old and often outdated hence why I came here and didn't use Google

Actually if you already looked at the "outdated" information you'd notice it's mostly the same thing since boosters haven't changed a bit since their creation. I scanned over the results and determined that everything is accurate except the changes to T2 indys having scan immunity that came with the indy rebalance recently. This does not apply to NPCs and thus Customs Officials will confiscate even if you have it in a Deep Space Transport. That said there was a fairly recent topic in this very forum not more than a month ago discussing this, though I can't be asked to scan through the pages admittedly Lol

Arma Purgatorium - What is Podded May Never Die

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#5 - 2013-11-08 16:43:36 UTC
Boosters don't often need to be hauled from trade hubs. They're often sold in lowsec, and many booster manufacturers take private orders at a place that isn't in hisec.
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#6 - 2013-11-09 00:41:07 UTC
Thank you,

Now I'm curious about how they got IN to Jita.. since surely they'd be getting scanned on the way in.
Ovv Topik
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-11-09 01:20:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Ovv Topik
So this is not fact, it's purely anecdotal, but I move them in my Blockade Runner (because it cant be cargo scanned) and I've never been fined.

But I'm not sure if I'm just lucky. I have made it passed literally hundreds of 'customs' ships on gates though.

The cargo scanning nullification is a pretty new mechanic, and I've never found a definitive answer as to if it applies to NPC's. But it would seem it does!

"Nicknack, I'm in a shoe in space, on my computer, in my house, with a cup of coffee, in't that something." - Fly Safe PopPaddi. o7

inVictu5
No-Mercy
Shadow Ultimatum
#8 - 2013-11-09 19:52:28 UTC
Use a cloaky ship. Like a crane, put the boosters in a container. Don't autopilot, don't stay uncloaked. If u treat highest like u would in lowsec you'll be fine. Customs agents are only at the gates and are the only ones that'll scan ur cargo. If u get a message to hand over the contraband, jump out or cloak before they target u and say no. If u do it will be a hefty fine plus siezure of your boosters plus faction standing hit
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#9 - 2013-11-10 00:17:05 UTC
you take a fast shp. filll it with boosters and fly to jita, ignoring popups

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Apollo Eros
Percussive Diplomacy
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#10 - 2013-11-10 00:34:06 UTC
Ovv Topik wrote:
So this is not fact, it's purely anecdotal, but I move them in my Blockade Runner (because it cant be cargo scanned) and I've never been fined.

But I'm not sure if I'm just lucky. I have made it passed literally hundreds of 'customs' ships on gates though.

The cargo scanning nullification is a pretty new mechanic, and I've never found a definitive answer as to if it applies to NPC's. But it would seem it does!

I am almost positive I have in fact been hit with a fine after the blockade runner patch.

I will try it again tonight and let you all know

[Triple OG LVL 5 Space Wizard]

Mnemosyne Gloob
#11 - 2013-11-10 02:45:14 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
from Jita to another system.

If the target system isn't highsec, then JF. Dudes won't scan you if you undock from station and jump out, it is only at gates apparently.
Jerome Gouillot
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-11-11 12:53:43 UTC
... did it yesterday in a blockade runner and without cargo container, customs did not notice at all