These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

thoughts on vexor or arbitrator

Author
Gitanmaxx
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-11-08 21:03:07 UTC
Currently skilled up amarr with some gallente. What are your thoughts on these two as drone boats advantages or disadvantages of one over the other.
Taal Khurin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-11-08 21:20:50 UTC
The arby imo is not anywhere near as good a ship.

It is a fair bit squishier, far less dps with less drone BW, smaller cap and very ugly.

It's only saving grace is that is has tracking disruptor bonuses which are situational at best.
Chessur
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#3 - 2013-11-08 21:23:03 UTC
Gitanmaxx wrote:
Currently skilled up amarr with some gallente. What are your thoughts on these two as drone boats advantages or disadvantages of one over the other.


Well if you are looking for a drone boat, Vexor navy issue, Domi, Ishtar are really the only drone boats you should be flying. As far as T1 cruisers go, both the arbi and vexor are pretty bad.

I would suggest trying to get into a vexor navy if you want to take drones seriously.
Niclas Solo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-11-08 21:33:21 UTC
Vexor, + More armor, better agility, more cap, higher sensor strength, bigger drone bay, more drone bandwidth, more PG, little bit faster. dmg bonus on guns.

Arbi + 1% better scan res and TD bonus. More cpu.

I think TD work so good so no bonus is needed, no problem fitting one on a vexor, i have one on my ishtar.

How come arbi is so bad?
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#5 - 2013-11-08 21:33:25 UTC
vexor dual damage bonus. Go nuts with 900dps or something.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

5iddhartha
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-11-08 23:15:53 UTC
Niclas Solo wrote:

How come arbi is so bad?

It's not that, it's that the Vexor is so good
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#7 - 2013-11-08 23:41:53 UTC
vexor is a combat cruiser, arbitrator is a ewar cruiser. Totally different. In a vexor you press keep-at-range 2k and enable everything. You don't do this with an arbi

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Meyr
Pirannha Corp
#8 - 2013-11-08 23:57:34 UTC
The Vexor is the highest DPS cruiser. Absolutely unbeatable as a Glass Cannon, it will melt battlecruisers in the right circumstances.

Even when tanked, it still punches above its weight class.

The Arbitrator was never meant to be a DPS giant, but to win with finesse, and terrorize turret-based BC's. I've fought Hurricanes to a standstill with one, solo (somehow, reinforcements always arrive...Evil). It is extremely effective in small-gang and limited solo warfare, and, with the 5th low slot, can now mount a sturdy 1600mm roll, DC II, 2x EANM, and a DDA II, with trimarks. Very tough nut to crack.

That said, the Vexor will always be my favorite ship. I've run Lvl 4 missions in one, just to prove it could be done, ratted in 0.0, and PVP'd with varying degrees of success using it.
Chessur
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#9 - 2013-11-09 04:06:51 UTC
Meyr wrote:
The Vexor is the highest DPS cruiser. Absolutely unbeatable as a Glass Cannon, it will melt battlecruisers in the right circumstances.

Even when tanked, it still punches above its weight class.

The Arbitrator was never meant to be a DPS giant, but to win with finesse, and terrorize turret-based BC's. I've fought Hurricanes to a standstill with one, solo (somehow, reinforcements always arrive...Evil). It is extremely effective in small-gang and limited solo warfare, and, with the 5th low slot, can now mount a sturdy 1600mm roll, DC II, 2x EANM, and a DDA II, with trimarks. Very tough nut to crack.

That said, the Vexor will always be my favorite ship. I've run Lvl 4 missions in one, just to prove it could be done, ratted in 0.0, and PVP'd with varying degrees of success using it.



Arbitrator, is really a bad solo / small gang ship. Vexor is better, but both still pale in comparison to the caracal.
Dato Koppla
Kiwis In Space
Dock Workers
#10 - 2013-11-09 11:16:34 UTC
Arbitrator is good if you're going up against a gun boat for obvious reasons, but in all other instances the Vexor is better.
Botia Macracantha
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-11-09 12:00:32 UTC
Chessur wrote:
Gitanmaxx wrote:
Currently skilled up amarr with some gallente. What are your thoughts on these two as drone boats advantages or disadvantages of one over the other.


Well if you are looking for a drone boat, Vexor navy issue, Domi, Ishtar are really the only drone boats you should be flying. As far as T1 cruisers go, both the arbi and vexor are pretty bad.

I would suggest trying to get into a vexor navy if you want to take drones seriously.


Nonsense. Overpriced and unneccessary. Std Vexor fitted correctly is very good bang for buck, arguably one of the best in game. Vexor > Navy Vexor every time for small gang or solo roaming. Now for larger fleets - thats different. Tri in their Ishtars, for instance, is a very potent med sized gang, but here, Navy Vexor falls short on sig tanking. "Navy" = shorthand for "shoot me first" with +2 heavy/sentry drones no real compensation.

Arbitrator (as others point out) is not really comparable with Vexor - different roles and uses.
Meyr
Pirannha Corp
#12 - 2013-11-09 16:36:23 UTC
Chessur wrote:
Meyr wrote:
The Vexor is the highest DPS cruiser. Absolutely unbeatable as a Glass Cannon, it will melt battlecruisers in the right circumstances.

Even when tanked, it still punches above its weight class.

The Arbitrator was never meant to be a DPS giant, but to win with finesse, and terrorize turret-based BC's. I've fought Hurricanes to a standstill with one, solo (somehow, reinforcements always arrive...Evil). It is extremely effective in small-gang and limited solo warfare, and, with the 5th low slot, can now mount a sturdy 1600mm roll, DC II, 2x EANM, and a DDA II, with trimarks. Very tough nut to crack.

That said, the Vexor will always be my favorite ship. I've run Lvl 4 missions in one, just to prove it could be done, ratted in 0.0, and PVP'd with varying degrees of success using it.



Arbitrator, is really a bad solo / small gang ship. Vexor is better, but both still pale in comparison to the caracal.


Shuuuuuuushh!!!!!

It's not polite to give false, misleading, or just plain bad advice! Your missile spewing piece of Caldari tinfoil shall never know the beauty and nobility of using tiny remote-controlled robots to systematically tear your enemies to bits while simultaneously blowing big holes in their hulls! Big smile

Actually, the new Caracal has turned out to be pretty damned good, especially as a frigate hunter, when equipped with RLML's. Not sure how true that's going to be in a couple of weeks, though. Have you seen the proposed changes?Shocked
Gitanmaxx
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-11-09 16:49:36 UTC
Cool, thanks for the input everyone.

Basically on my last run of eve I tried faction warfare to try and get out of pve only rut. Bought and fitted 10 frigates with t2 equipment, gathered a few other pvp noobs and no one would ever fight us unless they literally outnumbered us 15 to 3. So I figured this time Id try finding a corp to take me in. I don't want to go above cruisers because I can afford to lose those. Trying to figure out what I would be most useful buying a bunch of and focusing on learning.
Hrett
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-11-09 17:15:28 UTC
Vexor is awesome. You don't have to fly the navy or T2 versions, though those are good too. I've won a 4v1 vs a caracal, 2 DPS frigs and a logi frig. I think I could have solo killed the thorax that came later, but the friends I called for showed up because I underestimated the old girl.

It really shines in an armor config at plex gates where you start at zero. A caracal can kite you, but just put ECM drones on him then tackle or flee.

In faction warfare, join a corp. but also - you don't have to fit everything t2. When you are learning, T1 stuff is fine.

Amar boats are strong right now too, if that is your thing.

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Shaotuk
Sin City Enterprises
#15 - 2013-11-11 07:35:59 UTC
I've always liked this video... Arbi power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc7ht0gCECY
Chessur
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#16 - 2013-11-11 17:56:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Chessur
Meyr wrote:
Chessur wrote:
Meyr wrote:
The Vexor is the highest DPS cruiser. Absolutely unbeatable as a Glass Cannon, it will melt battlecruisers in the right circumstances.

Even when tanked, it still punches above its weight class.

The Arbitrator was never meant to be a DPS giant, but to win with finesse, and terrorize turret-based BC's. I've fought Hurricanes to a standstill with one, solo (somehow, reinforcements always arrive...Evil). It is extremely effective in small-gang and limited solo warfare, and, with the 5th low slot, can now mount a sturdy 1600mm roll, DC II, 2x EANM, and a DDA II, with trimarks. Very tough nut to crack.

That said, the Vexor will always be my favorite ship. I've run Lvl 4 missions in one, just to prove it could be done, ratted in 0.0, and PVP'd with varying degrees of success using it.



Arbitrator, is really a bad solo / small gang ship. Vexor is better, but both still pale in comparison to the caracal.


Shuuuuuuushh!!!!!

It's not polite to give false, misleading, or just plain bad advice! Your missile spewing piece of Caldari tinfoil shall never know the beauty and nobility of using tiny remote-controlled robots to systematically tear your enemies to bits while simultaneously blowing big holes in their hulls! Big smile

Actually, the new Caracal has turned out to be pretty damned good, especially as a frigate hunter, when equipped with RLML's. Not sure how true that's going to be in a couple of weeks, though. Have you seen the proposed changes?Shocked


Sadly I have, and am fighting the change with much gusto, along with the rest of the small gang community in that thread. However Rize might just derp, and place it in rubicon anyway.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#17 - 2013-11-11 18:30:35 UTC
Chessur is a hopeless nanofag, ignore him. :P

Both the arbi and the vexor are fine.

(that said the caracal is awesome)

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Orionos Irvam
Enso Holdings Inc.
#18 - 2013-11-11 21:19:58 UTC
Go for the vexor...the Arby is just fugly.
Chessur
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#19 - 2013-11-11 21:48:37 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
Chessur is a hopeless nanofag, ignore him. :P

Both the arbi and the vexor are fine.

(that said the caracal is awesome)


Being a nanofag, is the only way to ***.

I take this as a compliment. Nano > All
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#20 - 2013-11-11 23:32:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahega Amielden
I like how half of this thread is talking about how the arbitrator is only good if there are gunships on the field, as if that was some kind of rare occurrence.
12Next page