These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

comets

Author
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
#41 - 2013-10-19 09:20:59 UTC
bump
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#42 - 2013-10-19 11:05:49 UTC
I love my Comets, can fit in various efficient ways and looks great

Octoven
Stellar Production
#43 - 2013-10-19 18:06:17 UTC
I believe that this would offer a bit of randomness to an already chaotic universe.Lol I love the idea, but it would be nice if there were varieties in sizes. Smaller ones for solo play and larger ones for group play. Again adding variety. I am unsure as to what you had in mind as how to detect, warp to, and what you get....but overall a nice rough idea to start.
Serge Slade
Exiles of Chaos
Balcora Gatekeepers
#44 - 2013-10-19 19:54:19 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:

Now, given that in the books, a Nyx crashing into a station is enough to cripple it and kill everyone inside, what do you think a comet will leave behind?

I'd Like to point out that the station in point had its shield generators sabotaged ahead of time... Those same class of stations were more than capable of surviving the Seyllin Incident (they'd buttoned up and gone into reinforced mode, but I digress). I'd therefore propose that stations about to be smacked with comets go into reinforced mode as the timer runs out, and remain locked down until repaired (limited services, no docking/undocking).
Coyote Laughing
#45 - 2013-10-21 07:11:38 UTC
Effectively though, we aleady have comets - they are called Ice sites (formerly ice belts), which move around when they respawn.

l8r \o/

Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
#46 - 2013-10-27 10:15:18 UTC
bump
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#47 - 2013-10-30 11:35:52 UTC
Coyote Laughing wrote:
Effectively though, we aleady have comets - they are called Ice sites (formerly ice belts), which move around when they respawn.

Now we just have to add random space monsters, and we're set!
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
#48 - 2013-11-08 18:19:18 UTC
bump
Luna Arindale
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#49 - 2013-11-08 19:14:23 UTC
So, massive balls of ice that get you rare ice spawns, with trailing gas clouds which can be harvested for various... "legal" uses Roll, and possibly asteroids which trail along with it. It could be an anomaly that takes a few days to move though a system, but I don't think that it would be possible for ccp to have it move throughout the system during the day. It most likely would have to move after every downtime.

And much like the Large Spodumain rocks, it would shrink in size as it is depleated. So this anomaly would be a combination of a gravametric site, a gas site, and an ice anomaly. I personally, think this a great way to add more content to the game. Just imagine the variety of processing that could be gathered from this.

Supported .+1
Previous page123