These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Body are unnecessary and only increase ship mass.

Author
Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#1 - 2013-11-08 17:46:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Why body are nessesary to fly? While changing clone, your mind-soul travel betwen systems to visit new body in less than a sec
from constalation x to constalation y even if distance betwen constalations are like 20 ly, this mean you got immortal
soul that travel faster than light.

It would be more cool and efficient (less mass inside ship) if souls can directly enter a ship without body.
In fact in EvE pilot are like dead plant inside capsule, his mind sent message to ship, but
pilot it self is in hibernation mode, this mean, to fly a ship you need only mind-soul not a body not even brain, brain in capsule
is only a tool, same like body.

If it bleed we can kill it.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-11-08 17:50:04 UTC
You fail at trolling...
Mr Pragmatic
#3 - 2013-11-08 17:50:55 UTC
B/c people whined when we didn't have bodies,

and now people whine that we don't have enough body stuff.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#4 - 2013-11-08 17:53:45 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
You fail at trolling...

Not a troll , just my opinion according to teleportation minds and souls.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-11-08 17:56:36 UTC
Without body how will pooping?
Without poops how will posting?
stoicfaux
#6 - 2013-11-08 17:57:42 UTC
This is EVE. If you want souls (especially ones that can be saved,) do what I do, and buy them at Wal-Mart. Or your local Rent-a-Center.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#7 - 2013-11-08 17:59:25 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Without body how will pooping?
Without poops how will posting?

Pooping in blob without body, just a soul pop.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#8 - 2013-11-08 17:59:31 UTC
Bring him to me that I may rend the flesh from his bones.

Mr Epeen Cool
Bernie Nator
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#9 - 2013-11-08 18:11:16 UTC
Oh, hey, sleepers! You're talking about sleepers! Something that already exists in game!

Good talk.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-11-08 18:13:19 UTC
Do sleepers poop?
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#11 - 2013-11-08 18:16:01 UTC
Oxylan wrote:
Why body are nessesary to fly? While changing clone, your mind-soul travel betwen systems to visit new body in less than a sec
from constalation x to constalation y even if distance betwen constalations are like 20 ly, this mean you got immortal

It would be more cool and efficient (less mass inside ship) if souls can directly enter a ship without body.
In fact in EvE pilot are like dead plant inside capsule, his mind sent message to ship, but
pilot it self is in hibernation mode, this mean, to fly a ship you need only mind-soul not a body not even brain, brain in capsule

I'll attempt to be serious here.

Its way better to have a pilot inside the ship than relaying commands across lightyears of space. Yes consciousness can be transferred instantaneously across that distance, but it can't be done continuously in the way you would describe (transferring on pod-death involves frying the brain). The mind-soul has to live inside the body and so in order to move our mind-soul we have bodies everywhere. If the mind-soul needs to be in the ship, then we have to be in a capsule inside the ship.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Laserak
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-11-08 18:16:35 UTC
No fat shaming pls
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#13 - 2013-11-08 18:22:42 UTC
The human body is a remarkably efficient life support system for the human brain.

Complete mechanical replacement isn't better. In fact, you're introducing complex machinery to do so. For what would be a negligible mass saving.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-11-08 18:28:36 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Where have I heard this before.. google is not my friend.. or it just reminds me of nocturne
Velicitia
XS Tech
#15 - 2013-11-08 18:35:50 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
The human body is a remarkably efficient life support system for the human brain.

Complete mechanical replacement isn't better. In fact, you're introducing complex machinery to do so. For what would be a negligible mass saving.

would probably be a net increase in mass ... I mean a typical human weighs 75-90kg, right?

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#16 - 2013-11-08 18:39:02 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Where have I heard this before.. google is not my friend.. or it just reminds me of nocturne

The Cultist Grand Inquisitor from Act 1, Halls of Agony level 1.

Mr Epeen Cool
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#17 - 2013-11-08 18:44:46 UTC
But then how would I collect Corpses?

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Taal Khurin
Acorn Harvesting
#18 - 2013-11-08 18:53:11 UTC
We should be heads in jars like the ones in futurama
Ginger Barbarella
#19 - 2013-11-08 18:54:31 UTC
Oxylan wrote:

Uh, wut?

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Dkeh Weis
Digital Innovations
#20 - 2013-11-08 18:56:50 UTC
Taal Khurin wrote:
We should be heads in jars like the ones in futurama

I would pay a LOT of AUR to be a head in a jar.

Screw monocles, jarheads is where it's at.

Eve will make you work a solid month all on your own for your first cookie. Then kick you in the nuts and take that cookie, and laugh at you for thinking you could have a cookie at all.

12Next page