These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Making Targetting a Little Easier

Author
Fuuka Yamagishi
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-11-08 16:20:14 UTC
Two small things that just occurred to me in the last couple of days. Very minor changes.

1) Can your targetting range be displayed on screen somewhere so that when you're being damped, you can see what it is easily and readily?

2) Can you see a countdown somewhere after you de-activate a cloaking device that tells you how long it is until you can target something?

These would be minor UI changes, but I think could make things easier for people.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2013-11-08 16:27:25 UTC
both would be nice actually ...

+1

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Wolverine Beta
WolvBeta
#3 - 2013-11-08 16:27:26 UTC
its either ctrl click or alt click and you can spam it. But the range when damped would be nice
Aurora Fatalis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-11-08 16:36:51 UTC
Ctrl-D while in space should open the Tactical Overlay, which not only shows your targeting range, but if you mouse over a module, it will show its range.

PS: You may have to zoom out to fully appreciate it.

If Chribba told you not to trust him, would you?

Fuuka Yamagishi
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-11-08 16:44:21 UTC
In the middle of a firefight, it would be easier to just have it show me a number somewhere on the screen. By the time you zoom out and try to get your bearings, you might already be dead.
Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
#6 - 2013-11-08 17:00:57 UTC
Fuuka Yamagishi wrote:
In the middle of a firefight, it would be easier to just have it show me a number somewhere on the screen. By the time you zoom out and try to get your bearings, you might already be dead.

in the middle of fight you have special markings on targets that are within targeting range (if not disabled in options).

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Fuuka Yamagishi
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-11-08 17:29:35 UTC
But if I'm being damped by 1 or more others, I need to know the range I can target so I can approach targets and plan accordingly. Just knowing when I can target and when I can't isn't enough.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2013-11-08 22:02:52 UTC
Fuuka Yamagishi wrote:
But if I'm being damped by 1 or more others, I need to know the range I can target so I can approach targets and plan accordingly. Just knowing when I can target and when I can't isn't enough.

So open your overlay and find out...