These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Booster Skills on SiSi

Author
Cypher Decypher
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2011-11-14 15:13:44 UTC
It appears that Neurotoxin Recovery and Nanite Control have been removed/renamed to:-

Nanobiology
Rank 2
Pre-reqs: Biology L1, Science L4
Side Effect Modifier -5%
Bonus Per Level:
"20% additional duration of attribute booster effects"

AND

Neurobiology
Rank 5
Pre-reqs: Biology L1, Science L4, Nanobiology L1
Negative Side Effect Chance Bonus -5%
Bonus Per Level:
"5% gain to booster effects"

From the descriptions, it looks as if CCP are perhaps refocussing the skills on extending booster bonusses rather than reducing the side effects to the player. However, it's a bit confusing because the actual attributes appear to be the same as the current skills on TQ.

Apologies if this has been covered, but a quick scan of threads didn't have it mentioned.

Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#2 - 2011-11-15 15:35:09 UTC
No idea. Nanobiology has the same bonus as Biology. Neurotoxin Recovery, on the other hand, currently affects side effects. There currently is no boost skill (good boosters already do a lot).
Officer Nyota Uhura
#3 - 2011-11-17 20:23:08 UTC
I smell sweet skill point reimbursement pending...
Kaanchana
Tax-haven
#4 - 2011-11-18 03:16:29 UTC
Neurotoxin recovery skill is about to be converted into neurobiology. Atleast thats what i read in a GD thread, can't remember which.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#5 - 2011-11-18 12:55:33 UTC
From old general discussion thread, two of the skills is for duration length extension and the last one for effect strength modification. They stated in that thread there would be no negative side effects now and just about as potent as they were before with max skills. CCP didnt say that just the players.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Othran
Route One
#6 - 2011-11-18 15:31:02 UTC
On sisi now I have Nanobiology and Neurobiology instead of Nanite Control and Neurotoxin Recovery so no skillpoint reimbursement.
Lukriss
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-11-18 21:12:10 UTC
Quote:
Booster Changes

Slightly lower potency but none of the old side effects. Like paint chips, but different.