These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Subscriber Cash Down the Drain

First post First post
Author
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#41 - 2013-11-08 04:43:04 UTC
A spaceship only game? No avatars to WASD? Sandbox? No safety? Persistent universe?

What a stupid idea. It'll never work and the company is completely wasting their money.

At least that's what the OP would have posted 10 years ago. His kind come and go but EVE just keeps on keepin' on.

Mr Epeen Cool
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#42 - 2013-11-08 04:45:00 UTC
*sigh* I really give up on trying to describe why diversification is a good thing as a business model. You seem to constantly ignore two facts. One: One trick ponies fail. And a companies responsibility isn't to who pays for services but who provides money to them. If you don't like the latter fact that is a different issue. Also I would like to add all initial investments into any project are risk and speculation. If you can't understand that why are you commenting?
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-11-08 04:47:38 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
A spaceship only game? No avatars to WASD? Sandbox? No safety? Persistent universe?

What a stupid idea. It'll never work and the company is completely wasting their money.

At least that's what the OP would have posted 10 years ago. His kind come and go but EVE just keeps on keepin' on.

Mr Epeen Cool

Wow. Seems I agree with you. Never would have thought that.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#44 - 2013-11-08 04:49:06 UTC
Brad314 wrote:
One: One trick ponies fail.

[citation required]

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Praise the Yeti
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#45 - 2013-11-08 04:50:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Praise the Yeti
Brad314 wrote:
*sigh* I really give up on trying to describe why diversification is a good thing as a business model. You seem to constantly ignore two facts. One: One trick ponies fail. And a companies responsibility isn't to who pays for services but who provides money to them. If you don't like the latter fact that is a different issue. Also I would like to add all initial investments into any project are risk and speculation. If you can't understand that why are you commenting?

the sad part is despite my continued request for a proper retort to the OP you all spam this thread with business stuff?

Cutting through the lines, if CCP had never spent your real life isk on fail stuff like dust and vampires then eve might be better <-- Challenge that all you will but other than speculating on otherwise, you more than likely know i am rite
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2013-11-08 04:51:41 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Brad314 wrote:

[citation required]

Off the top of my head and since it was discussed in forums earlier? Netscape Navigator comes to mind. But if you would like current? How about blockbuster? They seemed to close everything recently.
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#47 - 2013-11-08 04:54:34 UTC
Where here is the deal....

EVE can and is keep the company afloat while they do whatever they want to do.

However, if EVE fails at this point the entire company collapses as none of the other side projects seem that viable.

If said side projects cause the demise of the project earning the money then well I suppose that is a problem.

Dust is a failure pretty much so we can write that off. Valkyrie could be something interesting if it can compete with Star Citizen.

If Star Citizen blows it out of the water, then well... All you have left is EVE.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-11-08 04:54:57 UTC
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Brad314 wrote:

the sad part is despite my continued request for a proper retort to the OP you all spam this thread with business stuff?

Cutting through the lines, if CCP had never spent your real life isk on fail stuff like dust and vampires then eve might be better <-- Challenge that all you will but other than speculating on otherwise, you more than likely know i am rite

Alright Dust is not doing well? Has it failed yet? No. (notice the yet) Second how is a game that isn't out yet a fail?
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#49 - 2013-11-08 04:55:39 UTC
Brad314 wrote:
Varius Xeral wrote:
Brad314 wrote:

[citation required]

Off the top of my head and since it was discussed in forums earlier? Netscape Navigator comes to mind. But if you would like current? How about blockbuster? They seemed to close everything recently.

Ah, ok, so you have just been talking out your butt this whole time.

Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#50 - 2013-11-08 04:56:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Brad314
Varius Xeral wrote:
Brad314 wrote:
Varius Xeral wrote:
Brad314 wrote:

[citation required]

Ah, ok, so you have just been talking out your butt this whole time.

Really? I just gave you two examples without doing having research.
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-11-08 05:01:36 UTC
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Brad314 wrote:

Alright Dust is not doing well? Has it failed yet? No. (notice the yet) Second how is a game that isn't out yet a fail?

Dust is a failure .

Citation: http://scramweb.blogspot.com/2013/10/ccp-financial-statements-and-failure-of.html

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#52 - 2013-11-08 05:03:40 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Brad314 wrote:

Dust is a failure .

Citation: http://scramweb.blogspot.com/2013/10/ccp-financial-statements-and-failure-of.html

http://eve-offline.net/?server=dust

Seem people are still logging in to me. So stop.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#53 - 2013-11-08 05:05:53 UTC
Brad314 wrote:

I'm not sure if you believe that in any way supports your statement or if you're just bluffing, but anyone who understands argumentation now knows you're full of it, which is enough for me.

Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#54 - 2013-11-08 05:09:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Praise the Yeti
Stats are nice.

Still waiting to know how much of the eve player subs cash has been spent on dust and vampires.

Would it have made a difference eve wise ?

Willing to bet hell yes
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#55 - 2013-11-08 05:09:25 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Brad314 wrote:

I'm not sure if you believe that in any way supports your statement or if you're just bluffing, but anyone who understands argumentation now knows you're full of it, which is enough for me.

exactly what do you mean by that? I just gave you examples of two one trick pony companies that failed off the top of my head. One that happened in the past and one that was happening currently. What more would you like? Me to link a CNN page about how Blockbuster is closing all its remaining stores?
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2013-11-08 05:11:29 UTC
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Stats are nice.

Still waiting to know how much of the eve player subs cash has been spent on dust and vampires.

Willing to bet hell yes

So....let me get this strait....And I mean this as an honest question. You are going to ignore everything I said about why a business should diversify and why honestly its none of your business, and post that? You are trolling.
Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#57 - 2013-11-08 05:14:11 UTC
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Stats are nice.

Willing to bet hell yes

So....let me get this strait....And I mean this as an honest question. You are going to ignore everything I said about why a business should diversify and why honestly its none of your business, and post that? You are trolling.

Trolling ?

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/What+trolling+is_ab535b_3513324.jpg

No offence intended, but you seem out your depth suggesting such.
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#58 - 2013-11-08 05:33:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Tardbar
Brad314 wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Brad314 wrote:

Dust is a failure .

http://eve-offline.net/?server=dust

Seem people are still logging in to me. So stop.

1. Just because people are logging in doesn't mean they are spending any money on a F2P game.

2. The numbers you are showing show an all time low.

3. In order to recoup $12,000,000 in marketing, 240,000 players would have to spend $50 or more. If only 5,000 players at a max compared to EVE's 40,000 then do they have the numbers to support it? 5,000 players doesn't seem like 200,000 in Equivalent terms of EVE. If they had 20,000 concurrent players that would be the same ratio of having 200,000 players.

That is if every single player spends $50 on a F2P game which they don't.

Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#59 - 2013-11-08 05:41:28 UTC
All these posts and still no reply to my OP ?

How better might eve be had ccp no pumped so much eve player cash into other games (yet to yield fruit and somewhat failing, vampures aside) while ignoring their core product?

Just wondering.

Willing to bet the total amount eve players spent allowing ccp to enable a bad ps3 game and and blood sucking could have bought new servers by now if priorities were rite
BLACK-STAR
#60 - 2013-11-08 05:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: BLACK-STAR
Ok it will be:
|--------------------- this much --------------------|

better.

About the size of a regular pacifier you can suck on.

Edit: yes sarcasm.

Thankfully we have lots psychics here that presume EVE would be better if CCP just dug themselves a hole they'd never climb out of if they tried to do anything else constructive in the years ahead. Road plans, all about plans for the future. I doubt that they'll give up on DUST and the flight sim.