These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Subscriber Cash Down the Drain

First post First post
Author
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#21 - 2013-11-08 03:50:55 UTC
I heard the word "diversify" once, and it sounded cool.

You need to diversify yo bonds, ******.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTsNEUZx8v8

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-11-08 03:53:37 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
I heard the word "diversify" once, and it sounded cool.

You need to diversify yo bonds, ******.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTsNEUZx8v8

lol
Praise the Yeti
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-11-08 03:58:08 UTC
I tried to make my initial point.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=293972&find=unread

Per se this link please ignore all subsequent posts other than OP in that thread and please continue to discuss, absent trolling and hostilities please men.

Mr. Orange
Band of Freelancers
#24 - 2013-11-08 04:02:20 UTC
Simple really...

We would have had the following:

- Planetary flight.
- Fully opened stations
- Comet mining
- Atmospheric environments ( Flight within giant asteroid formations)
- An entire new POS system/mechanic
- A redone SOV system.

I could go on...
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-11-08 04:07:03 UTC
Praise the Yeti wrote:

Per se this link please ignore all subsequent posts other than OP in that thread and please continue to discuss, absent trolling and hostilities please men.

I'm not trolling honestly. I simply believe you don't have an honest point. Why shouldn't CCP diversify? Why should CCP invest all its chickens in one basket so to speak?

TBH you got the last lock because you were raging and I think you are again.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-11-08 04:07:09 UTC
Mr. Orange wrote:
Simple really...

We would have had the following:

- Planetary flight.
- Fully opened stations
- Comet mining
- Atmospheric environments ( Flight within giant asteroid formations)
- An entire new POS system/mechanic
- A redone SOV system.

I could go on...

Don't, I'm already crying.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-11-08 04:11:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Praise the Yeti
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:

I'm not trolling honestly. I simply believe you don't have an honest point. Why shouldn't CCP diversify? Why should CCP invest all its chickens in one basket so to speak?

CCP ?

Chicken and eggs in the basket are fine if edible.

Dust is a rotten egg in the eve basket and we are paying for it to stay there.

Don't get me started on vampires lol.
BLACK-STAR
#28 - 2013-11-08 04:15:04 UTC
You're whining about how CCP manages their investments. You can't argue with their money. It must be irritating having someone telling you what to do with your money, isn't it?

That's how a company and developers roll, they have a lot of ideas to market.

No matter how loud anyone rants and whine isn't going to change their roadplan or their minds. Mind you, EVE is their flagship so they would not hinder it. Granted our Expansions are free on a regular basis.
Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-11-08 04:16:59 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:
You're whining about how CCP manages their investments. You can't argue with their money. It must be irritating having someone telling you what to do with your money, isn't it?

That's how a company and developers roll, they have a lot of ideas to market.

No matter how loud anyone rants and whine isn't going to change their roadplan or their minds. Mind you, EVE is their flagship so they would not hinder it. Granted our Expansions are free on a regular basis.

Thise of you still trying to drop wisdom have yet to answer my original question
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-11-08 04:17:24 UTC
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:

CCP ?

Chicken and eggs in the basket are fine if edible.

Dust is a rotten egg in the eve basket and we are paying for it to stay there.

Don't get me started on vampires lol.

I'm asking because its the only way I will start to understand your position.
Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-11-08 04:18:46 UTC
if ccp have devoted the profits from us playing eve back into eve (other than into yet to be proved and failing projects), how might the tidi / lag / resources been in the live event ?
Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-11-08 04:19:49 UTC
pls stop trying to de-rail this thread peeple
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-11-08 04:21:43 UTC
Praise the Yeti wrote:
if ccp have devoted the profits from us playing eve back into eve (other than into yet to be proved and failing projects), how might the tidi / lag / resources been in the live event ?

Right. Let me provide a link. http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/15/eve-online/ would you even like to think about what this cost?
Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-11-08 04:24:26 UTC
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:

Right. Let me provide a link. http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/15/eve-online/ would you even like to think about what this cost?

I was referring to your real life cash that ccp diverted towards dust and vampires
Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-11-08 04:26:30 UTC
how has the real life cash you've spent worked out when the company to you payed it too reduced the resources on what you were paying for and devoted it elsewhere?
Amber Kurvora
#36 - 2013-11-08 04:27:22 UTC
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
Amber Kurvora wrote:
You know what really is subscriber cash down the drain? Taking Spaceship Barbie up on many of her well intentioned offers.

Heh. Funny thing is if i recall the specific misdemeanour in question was involving an isd giving advice to players warning them about certain players thus tampering with the sandbox

That seems a bit...odd. I mean hey, if I crossed a line I'll hold my hands up. It just seems...I mean really? I could just message them in pm, warn people in local or in any of the chats, but mentioning a well loved single person Eve Institute is smacked wrist worthy? I actually adore characters like Spaceship Barbie, mainly because they're fixed points in Eve which you can mention and everyone gets all warm and fuzzy about 'em.
Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-11-08 04:30:48 UTC
Amber Kurvora wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
Amber Kurvora wrote:
You know what really is subscriber cash down the drain? Taking Spaceship Barbie up on many of her well intentioned offers.

Heh. Funny thing is if i recall the specific misdemeanour in question was involving an isd giving advice to players warning them about certain players thus tampering with the sandbox

That seems a bit...odd. I mean hey, if I crossed a line I'll hold my hands up. It just seems...I mean really? I could just message them in pm, warn people in local or in any of the chats, but mentioning a well loved single person Eve Institute is smacked wrist worthy? I actually adore characters like Spaceship Barbie, mainly because they're fixed points in Eve which you can mention and everyone gets all warm and fuzzy about 'em.

isd warning people in local about scams would be kinda anti snadbox rite ?
Brad314
Perkone
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-11-08 04:33:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Brad314
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:

I was referring to your real life cash that ccp diverted towards dust and vampires

Right, deep breath and let me try this again. If I say one trick pony do you understand what I mean? Do you understand one trick pony Corporations (Which I might add CCP is trying not to be) Don't, well survive? At all?

I should point out at this point out that, at this junction I can find no other option that, you are either raging (against forum tos) or trolling (again against forum Tos)
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-11-08 04:33:36 UTC
I don't know. I think your last thread touched a nerve of the powers that be.

You see, I've seen plenty of ranting and trolling in the high-sec versus lowsec threads and the threads go on for 40 pages, but when you question business models people get mad.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Praise the Yeti
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-11-08 04:36:33 UTC
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:
Brad314 wrote:
Praise the Yeti wrote:

Right, deep breath and let me try this again. If I say one trick pony do you understand what I mean? Do you understand one trick pony Corporations (Which I might add CCP is trying not to be) Don't well survive? At all?

I should point out at this point out that, at this junction I can find no other option that, you are either raging (against forum tos) or trolling (again against forum Tos)

Yet you still have not answered my initial question, so i can call folly, gf, please dont post in this thread again unless it it to answer the OP