These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

API checker - Simple tool to do background checks. (No longer simple!)

Author
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#181 - 2013-10-30 21:47:08 UTC
There is not.
I hadn't really realized the changes, so I didn't redo the database.
Will upload a new version somewhere this weekend.
Drake Barski
The Dark Vanguard
Sigma Grindset
#182 - 2013-11-02 08:11:00 UTC
ItsmeHcK1 wrote:
There is not.
I hadn't really realized the changes, so I didn't redo the database.
Will upload a new version somewhere this weekend.

That's why you're awesome. Big smile
Drake Barski
The Dark Vanguard
Sigma Grindset
#183 - 2013-11-06 01:34:26 UTC
So were you able to tweak the program? Is there an updated version, or a patch to download?
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#184 - 2013-11-07 17:25:23 UTC  |  Edited by: ItsmeHcK1
Sorry, real life has been tearing me a new one lately.
I have tomorrow off, will upload a new version then. Promise.
Drake Barski
The Dark Vanguard
Sigma Grindset
#185 - 2013-11-08 00:56:27 UTC
ItsmeHcK1 wrote:
Sorry, real life has been tearing me a new one lately.
I have tomorrow off, will upload a new version then. Promise.

Hate when that happens! Don't they understand this game is more important!? Pirate
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#186 - 2013-11-08 13:52:08 UTC
Now with more cowbell!
New version sports a stunning update to reflect the current status of Eve, a small bit of bugfixing and a rewrite of the mail parsing system.

Downloads here and here for the x86 version.
Drake Barski
The Dark Vanguard
Sigma Grindset
#187 - 2013-11-09 04:49:17 UTC
Works perfectly - the changed names of skills, as well as the new locations of skills all show up perfectly. You're awesome, man. Thanks for such a quick turnaround.
Anabaric
Hostile.
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#188 - 2013-11-11 11:41:45 UTC
Bumpage for a tool, and for his awesome utility. Twisted

Community Manager www.Battleclinic.com @battleclinic Loadouts + Killboards + Forums Twitter @anabaric_eve www.the-bastards.net Recruitment: OPEN

Nolen Cadmar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#189 - 2013-11-11 17:32:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Nolen Cadmar
Great tool. Sign me up as a tester. I've run into an error, and got the popup below. I'm not savy with computer programming, so do you just want this text? or a file also?

Error Text

EDIT: I do have a question for you though. How does your tool determine awoxing likelyhood? What are the criteria you use to make that determination? I'm trying to compare that to my own strategies at discovering potential awoxers.

Nolen's Spreadsheet Guru Services

Pre-made spreadsheets available covering market, manufacturing and more!

Custom requests welcome!

Sheet Screenshots

ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#190 - 2013-11-11 22:56:01 UTC
@Nolen Cadmar: Did you download the images archive and place the contents in the same folder as the program? (You should now have Cache/, data/ and Images/ in there.)

As for the awoxing, it's really a pretty stupid counter.
First, any friendly kills are counted, excluding those with 0 damage done. (Which we expect to be webbing freighters etc.)
Second, the lame part:
Quote:
string awoxprobability = "Unlikely";
if (personalawox > 8)
{
awoxprobability = "Highly likely";
}
else if (personalawox > 2)
{
awoxprobability = "Likely";
}
else if (personalawox > 0)
{
awoxprobability = "Possible";
}
Valencia Mariana
School of Applied Knowledge
#191 - 2013-11-12 18:19:57 UTC
I get an error in the logs, An error occured while trying to poke zKillboard. Error: The remote server turned an error: (429) Unknown Error.

So I only see api kills.
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#192 - 2013-11-14 23:26:09 UTC
Valencia Mariana wrote:
I get an error in the logs, An error occured while trying to poke zKillboard. Error: The remote server turned an error: (429) Unknown Error.

Well, looking at that message I'd say the problem lies with zKillboard...
Kristoffon vonDrake
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#193 - 2013-11-18 14:44:24 UTC
ItsmeHcK1 wrote:
First, any friendly kills are counted, excluding those with 0 damage done. (Which we expect to be webbing freighters etc.)

Maybe restrict that to webs only? By the current algorithm you'd be missing this awox: https://zkillboard.com/detail/28644456/

Also might not be a bad idea to restrict it further to webbing module on freighter/orca otherwise might also pass up some awox where the offender also webbed the target and for whatever reason that is the module that registered on the km...
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#194 - 2013-11-18 21:31:19 UTC  |  Edited by: ItsmeHcK1
Good point, I forgot to mention that - the 0 damage thingy only counts if the weapon is unknown or a web.

Quote:
if (c.weaponTypeID != 0 && Kill.WebModules.Contains(c.weaponTypeID.ToString()))
{
// web and 0 damage, someone trying to web a freighter
continue;
}

Kristoffon vonDrake wrote:
Also might not be a bad idea to restrict it further to webbing module on freighter/orca otherwise might also pass up some awox where the offender also webbed the target and for whatever reason that is the module that registered on the km...

Not a bad call, although then you'd also have false positives such as Vindicators webbing carriers into warp. (I do it quite often.)
Jakkie theRipper
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#195 - 2013-12-09 13:27:12 UTC
As requested by the error:

"error" wrote:

Image already added? This is a bug, please send me this:
System.IO.FileNotFondException: Images/25810_32.png at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement) at APIchecker.ParsingResultOverviewWindow.<.ctor>b__2(Object o)

Running Windows 8 x64.
Khador Vess
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#196 - 2013-12-13 14:07:58 UTC
Firstly great tool. Really useful. However the new deployables seem to break the tool as well if a character has been on a killmail for one or has one in their assets.
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#197 - 2013-12-14 11:18:15 UTC  |  Edited by: ItsmeHcK1
Jakkie theRipper wrote:
As requested by the error:

"error" wrote:

Image already added? This is a bug, please send me this:
System.IO.FileNotFondException: Images/25810_32.png at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement) at APIchecker.ParsingResultOverviewWindow.<.ctor>b__2(Object o)

Running Windows 8 x64.

You forgot the images archive.
Make sure to download it and place the resulting folder next to the .exe.
Now that I know the error is always the same for that scenario, I'll be sure to write a more helpful error message in the next release.

Khador Vess wrote:
Firstly great tool. Really useful. However the new deployables seem to break the tool as well if a character has been on a killmail for one or has one in their assets.

That's because I'm a bad person and haven't updated the internal database to Rubicon yet. I really need to work on finding more time for these things.
Will update as soon as I have a chance. (The technical reason is I never wrote any sort of exception handling when it comes to types, as there is no realistic reason for a type we don't know about to exist.)
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#198 - 2013-12-21 18:15:56 UTC
Now with more Rubicon!

Downloads here and here for x64- and x86-systems respectively.

You will need a new set of images. (available here)
Dariusz en Czara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#199 - 2013-12-26 04:20:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Dariusz en Czara
Finding this quite useful myself.

Thanks.

A quirk that I come across regularly is the inconsistent field sorting.

Specifically, the financial data. "Wallet Journal" in the Result Overview screen. Sorting by "Amount"
-I guess the data in those fields is treated as "Text" and not numbers. So sorting from largest to smallest shows;

So not sure of what's actually going on.

But first thing.. Numbers should Align Right, that would make the fields much easier to read. Then they should be treated as Numbers not Text. Current sort order doesn't function properly.

And since ones' financial info shows a significant amount about a pilots game activity...

[i]Dariusz en Czara EIOT Brewmeister EIOT Recruiter[/i]

Bum Shadow
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#200 - 2014-01-10 15:55:32 UTC
This is an extremely nice tool, thank you very much!