These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Warp + Dock/Jump = Broken?

First post
Author
Bemoliph Ashriden
#1 - 2011-11-18 01:48:09 UTC
With the newest build on SiSi, you don't seem able to press Ctrl Space//Stop mid-warp to cancel autodocking or autojumping when you land. Is this a bug or an intended change? If the latter, why did it happen and can it be reversed?
CCP Soulblighter
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2011-11-18 04:01:40 UTC
Bemoliph Ashriden wrote:
With the newest build on SiSi, you don't seem able to press Ctrl Space//Stop mid-warp to cancel autodocking or autojumping when you land. Is this a bug or an intended change? If the latter, why did it happen and can it be reversed?

Ctrl-space should be cancelling the action. I'll look into this when I get to the office in the morning.
Victor Valka
Insterstellar Mining and Manufacturing
#3 - 2011-11-18 07:24:52 UTC
CCP Soulblighter wrote:
Bemoliph Ashriden wrote:

Ctrl-space should be cancelling the action. I'll look into this when I get to the office in the morning.

Could you also look into Ctrl-Space not cancelling acceleration gate activations? It doesn't currently work on TQ (tested on incursion a-gates) and I can swear that I remember it working before!
Ariane VoxDei
#4 - 2011-11-18 10:00:55 UTC
[quote=Victor ValkaCould you also look into Ctrl-Space not cancelling acceleration gate activations? It doesn't currently work on TQ (tested on incursion a-gates) and I can swear that I remember it working before![/quote]
Confirming it works on TQ. Also for DED/exploration, missions, etc.
Victor Valka
Insterstellar Mining and Manufacturing
#5 - 2011-11-18 11:46:59 UTC
Ariane VoxDei wrote:
Victor Valka wrote:
Could you also look into Ctrl-Space not cancelling acceleration gate activations? It doesn't currently work on TQ (tested on incursion a-gates) and I can swear that I remember it working before!

Confirming it works on TQ. Also for DED/exploration, missions, etc.
Huh. I tried it after the DT and it works as expected now.

Disregard me bacause I suck. Oops
Xynthiar
#6 - 2011-11-18 13:44:13 UTC
Actually, I've had the acceleration bug happen to me on TQ, too (multiple times). I haven't found a pattern as to when it happens though, but it's definitely there.
CCP Soulblighter
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2011-11-18 18:15:18 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Soulblighter
Bemoliph Ashriden wrote:

Quick update:
QA superstar CCP Conrad was able to confirm this happening on Sisi, and I've located the source of the problem.
This was working in the first iteration of the feature, but the bug was I introduced while fixing another issue. It will be working again once I submit the fix.

EDIT - Fix has been submitted. Thanks for the heads up on this one.
Bemoliph Ashriden
#8 - 2011-11-18 19:09:06 UTC
CCP Soulblighter wrote:

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Also, completely unrelated, but will we ever see per-ship Warp distances along side the Orbit and Keep at Range?
Zirse
Risktech Analytics
#9 - 2011-11-18 19:23:12 UTC
Bemoliph Ashriden wrote:
CCP Soulblighter wrote:

Also, completely unrelated, but will we ever see per-ship Warp distances along side the Orbit and Keep at Range?

Would be a great feature. When you're in a ship that necessitates warping in at range right-clicking can get tiresome.
Bemoliph Ashriden
#10 - 2011-11-18 19:41:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Bemoliph Ashriden
Zirse wrote:
Bemoliph Ashriden wrote:

Would be a great feature. When you're in a ship that necessitates warping in at range right-clicking can get tiresome.

More like the range you want isn't in the list so you must set the default, and then you forget and later fleet warp a freighter 5 KM off gate in 0.0 >.> Good thing I have nothing to do with 0.0 freighters anymore!