These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Insta Lock Gnosis?

Author
Koujjo Dian
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-11-07 03:34:08 UTC
Just undocked and saw a red Gnosis on my overview. I hit warp to my safe spot thinking since I was in an interceptor I could get away. My ship got blapped so I immediately click on the sun and hit warp and he got my pod too. How the hell is this possible?
Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#2 - 2013-11-07 03:59:10 UTC
With a really high scan resolution it is indeed possible to instalock even interceptors, this is mainly because of how server ticks work. However getting a pod is usually extremely hard even with an instalock ship if you're spamming warp as your ship is exploding, it could be because you clicked on the sun first then clicked warp so he got the lock on you before you clicked warp.
Arlee Emery
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-11-07 06:02:12 UTC
Quick look at ye ole' EFT:

Gnosis w/ 4x SEBOs and 1x scan res rig makes for just over 1530 resolution.

That's about 1.4 second lock on a 40m sig. One second ticks, chalk up the .4 to connectivity issues or mouse clicking latency (or shield extenders/rigs).

Or 3x SEBOs for a mere .2 second loss.
Niclas Solo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-11-07 06:48:27 UTC
Arlee Emery wrote:
Quick look at ye ole' EFT:

Gnosis w/ 4x SEBOs and 1x scan res rig makes for just over 1530 resolution.

That's about 1.4 second lock on a 40m sig. One second ticks, chalk up the .4 to connectivity issues or mouse clicking latency (or shield extenders/rigs).

Or 3x SEBOs for a mere .2 second loss.

+fleet bonus
Koujjo Dian
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-11-07 12:01:34 UTC
Thanks. I think I'm done running implants. There's just too many ways to lose a pod and I'm tired of living in fear of crap like that. Nothing but empty clones for me from here on out.
Avaricious Zee
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-11-07 13:19:30 UTC
Koujjo Dian wrote:
Thanks. I think I'm done running implants. There's just too many ways to lose a pod and I'm tired of living in fear of crap like that. Nothing but empty clones for me from here on out.

use < +4's there very cheap and make such a difference!