These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tier 3 bc thoughts and suggestions

Author
Imajitaaltofanalt ofanalt
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-11-18 10:05:52 UTC
Tornado-
Honestly needs a 2-5% increase in cpu and pg. can barely fit 1400's with really good fitting skills (t2 guns)
Needs one more low, with the low pg/cpu it would only be an upgrade utility slot. The 5/5 layout would be a great thing to compliment the minmitars armor or shield tank tempest. kind of like a little brother.

Naga-
Really well done, no complaints

Talos-
Needs one less mid one more low, pretty much buffers like the naga but can place alot more mag stabs. decrease the mid add a low. With the cpu/grid it would be a low priority upgrade slot.

Oracle-
Needs engine trails from top engines (would make this ship alot more sexy :)
Pretty well balanced
SMT008
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-11-18 10:27:51 UTC
Imajitaaltofanalt ofanalt wrote:

Talos-
Needs one less mid one more low, pretty much buffers like the naga but can place alot more mag stabs. decrease the mid add a low. With the cpu/grid it would be a low priority upgrade slot.

Oracle-
Needs engine trails from top engines (would make this ship alot more sexy :)
Pretty well balanced

Those two are importants, the Tornado is fine as it is.

Fitting 1400mms on a BC is good enough already, and from what I could see, you can fit a decent Tornado with 2 RCU II (The guns, the MWD and a LSE).
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-11-18 18:32:49 UTC
SMT008 wrote:

Those two are importants, the Tornado is fine as it is.

Fitting 1400mms on a BC is good enough already, and from what I could see, you can fit a decent Tornado with 2 RCU II (The guns, the MWD and a LSE).

Tornado is not fine, as of right now, no reason to use tornado over naga/talos/oracle (in that order).

Tornado needs another low and a little more pg/cpu to compete with the other tier 3's
Stealthshot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-11-18 18:35:29 UTC
Nah 1 less low one more mid (or just 1 mid 30 cpu and 100 grid) for the Talos who armour tanks a glass cannon? seriously.
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-11-18 18:38:02 UTC
Stealthshot wrote:
Nah 1 less low one more mid (or just 1 mid 30 cpu and 100 grid) for the Talos who armour tanks a glass cannon? seriously.

You do realize all of eve is based on lore, and by lore Gallente don't shield tank. And you can effectively armor passive tank the Talos. The fact it can overly compete with Naga as a shield tanker is the problem.
Stealthshot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-18 18:53:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Stealthshot
who said anything about shield sure you dont active shield tank it but every nub over 3 weeks old can fit a tank of whatever type they want on a battlecruiser Lore means SFA . Im calling bullshit on your claim that it can compete as a shield tanker with the Naga 11K ehp vs 30 your full of ****.
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-11-19 01:36:43 UTC
Stealthshot wrote:
who said anything about shield sure you dont active shield tank it but every nub over 3 weeks old can fit a tank of whatever type they want on a battlecruiser Lore means SFA . Im calling bullshit on your claim that it can compete as a shield tanker with the Naga 11K ehp vs 30 your full of ****.

11k? I get about 20-21k ehp from either one... and talos > naga
Lili Lu
#8 - 2011-11-19 01:51:12 UTC
Ok, did I slip into an alternate universe? (one where I have to work and not play internet spaceships Sad)

Anyway, have you not seen all the whines about Tornado totally outclassing the others? Did the addition of a drone bay to Talos and Naga losing the toprs and gaining a damage bonus change things so dramatically?

Frankly I still don't think we needed another BC tier anyway. Losing the tier concept in general for frigs, cruisers and BCs would have given us more ships to play with.