These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] T3 Subsystem re-fitting in space

First post First post First post
Author
Alundil
Rolled Out
#81 - 2013-11-04 16:29:26 UTC
Allus Nova wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
With this and the SMA loot drop change, Rubicon is shaping up to be the best wormhole expansion since Apocrypha :)

I agree, but any word on having permissions for POS's fixed?

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

Please make this the next issue. This is a huge issue.

I'm right behind you

Powers Sa
#82 - 2013-11-04 16:32:06 UTC
Lazarus Telraven wrote:

The use of cynojammers in sov wars has always been a strategic option to stop subcap fleets from bridging ahead or to pull back and take a fight one jump behind you where there is a jammer so that you can have the advantage.

Not being able to force a fight around a jammed system will be kind of a big deal.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2013-11-04 16:35:26 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
With this and the SMA loot drop change, Rubicon is shaping up to be the best wormhole expansion since Apocrypha :)

I feel someoen that has a wormhole living alt ...

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#84 - 2013-11-04 16:36:34 UTC
There is a real fear that combats turning more towards this cloaking gang slam. Having the ability to black ops an entire t3 fleet, and them retrofit them for combat using the mobile depot is a bit dangerous.

Is this change a good thing, yes.

I fear that having more cloaking ships is bad for the game. Now luckily dictors can't black ops jump, so there is still some restrictions left...

This does give small gangs a way to deploy into territories, but now kinda gives people a little too much power with using the refit depot...

Now I know CCP wants to release it and test it out, cool, but I fear that t3's might get a larger nerf axe due to this new ability.

Pos refits, fine, carriers and orca's fine. Mobile unit. Needs some testing

Yaay!!!!

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#85 - 2013-11-04 16:43:13 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:

I feel someoen that has a wormhole living alt ...

Best wormhole expansion????

1) sma drops, not an expansion, but a bug fix due to sma lag bombs
2) refitting t3's. Took years to do, and still can't assemble the t3 in the assembly array that built it. That's a fix.
3) new implants put into wormholes. Just added 1 new thing to probe down, which all of eve got

Not an expansion. This is 2 bug fixes and a typo made by a developer when someone said (well wormholes finally got something).

Now we really appreciate it and the csm really pushed for it, but this isn't a CCP gift, this is a few fixes which the community wanted put in for years and that was pushed by enough csm's to actually put on the bug fix board.

Thank you csm for the push, but I'm not buying a cake and eating cookies praising CCP for actually listening. Thank you for doing it, but this isn't a "wormhole expansion". These are just a few bug fixes.

Yaay!!!!

Han Soleo Chelien
xX-Crusader-Xx
Tactical Narcotics Team
#86 - 2013-11-04 17:10:44 UTC
Well done CCP and the CSM. This dude is happy Big smile
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#87 - 2013-11-04 17:16:40 UTC
Aidamina Omen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#88 - 2013-11-04 17:18:51 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:

Fixing a bug, and adding a feature that people expected to be in at release. Sadly Masterplan's statement is still true, and shows the gross neglect of this particular part of space.
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2013-11-04 17:27:18 UTC
I read the devpost and then the little angel on my left shoulder went all "This is awesome!". And then the little devil on my right shoulder looked up from his Laptop and was all "but what if the Orca removes fleet hangar access inbetween taking one subsystem and putting the other back in? is that a single transaction with isolated credentials or can we create a black hole? i like black holes."

Now I'm conflicted P
Xrend
Perkone
Caldari State
#90 - 2013-11-04 17:38:19 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:
Yes, that is the subject title. If you like what you read, then please continue reading.

Therefore Team Super Friends would like to thank your friendly CSM for providing their reasonable things list. With this list it was helpful to prioritize what features you wanted the most. (So hug a CSM member and continue to support them!)

CSM members?? Never heard of 'em P
MrTheGeoff
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#91 - 2013-11-04 17:45:44 UTC
Thank you, best feature of this expansion so far for wormhole dwellers, closely followed by SMA loot being fixed.
Sasha Sen
Hull Zero Two
#92 - 2013-11-04 17:59:34 UTC
I just came back a month ago to EvE from a 4 year break and it feels like a barely missed anything. The Rubicon features are probably going to keep me playing for a while, thanks CCP!
Angry Mustache
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#93 - 2013-11-04 19:22:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Angry Mustache
I feel an important point raised by Laz has been buried by all the exuberance, and this change, along with yurts, has a very significant effect on the meta-game.

this comes from 3 main points.

-All T3's have cloak / interdiction nullifier subsystems, Cloak allows T3's to be bridged in via Black ops, ignoring cynojammers and giving these ships superb mobility. Interdiction nullifier allows T3's to escape from virtually any engagement. The drawback is that using these 2 subsystems cripples the ability of T3's to fight.

-All T3's have excellent combat subsystems. There are arguments to be made about whether Strategic Cruisers are the single most powerful subcap type in a fleet fight, but combat fit T3's are easily able to hold their ground against "conventional" fleets.

-Mobile Depots allow players to refit with no prior preparation, no need to set up a safe tower in advance, or an available station.

This means T3's can refit from Travel to Combat and vice versa in a hostile system without any support/preparation.

So what are the implications of this? Extremely mobile T3 fleets that can be bridged anywhere with a Blops, refit in system to combat for whatever they have to fight, if the fight goes badly, drop yurt in combat and refit to Nullifier to moonwalk out. Once fighting is done or fleet has left field, bridge back with a Black ops.

It all sounds awesome and cool, but I don't believe for a second that this will be "balanced". Traditionally T3's have been balanced by having the possibility to do a lot of jobs, but not all at once. With mobile depots, they basically can do everything at once. This change will completely obsolete Blops battleships and Recons in their combat roles.

If these changes go live as is, expect a massive arms race between all Nullsec Alliances to see who can put together the biggest fleet of black ops T3s.

An official Member of the Goonswarm Federation Complaints Department.

Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#94 - 2013-11-04 19:36:34 UTC
Angry Mustache wrote:
I feel an important point raised by Laz has been buried by all the exuberance, and this change, along with yurts, has a very significant effect on the meta-game.

this comes from 3 main points.

-All T3's have cloak / interdiction nullifier subsystems, Cloak allows T3's to be bridged in via Black ops, ignoring cynojammers and giving these ships superb mobility. Interdiction nullifier allows T3's to escape from virtually any engagement. The drawback is that using these 2 subsystems cripples the ability of T3's to fight.

-All T3's have excellent combat subsystems. There are arguments to be made about whether Strategic Cruisers are the single most powerful subcap type in a fleet fight, but combat fit T3's are easily able to hold their ground against "conventional" fleets.

-Mobile Depots allow players to refit with no prior preparation, no need to set up a safe tower in advance, or an available station.

This means T3's can refit from Travel to Combat and vice versa in a hostile system without any support/preparation.

So what are the implications of this? Extremely mobile T3 fleets that can be bridged anywhere with a Blops, refit in system to combat for whatever they have to fight, if the fight goes badly, drop yurt in combat and refit to Nullifier to moonwalk out. Once fighting is done or fleet has left field, bridge back with a Black ops.

It all sounds awesome and cool, but I don't believe for a second that this will be "balanced". Traditionally T3's have been balanced by having the possibility to do a lot of jobs, but not all at once. With mobile depots, they basically can do everything at once. This change will completely obsolete Blops battleships and Recons in their combat roles.

If these changes go live as is, expect a massive arms race between all Nullsec Alliances to see who can put together the biggest fleet of black ops T3s.

I'm not contesting your points, but isn't exactly this kind of malleability and versatility what T3s were supposed to be about originally?
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#95 - 2013-11-04 19:54:31 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:

Dont forget best ghost sites are also found in wh

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#96 - 2013-11-04 19:56:53 UTC
Sirinda wrote:

I'm not contesting your points, but isn't exactly this kind of malleability and versatility what T3s were supposed to be about originally?

Indeed and expect a healthy nerf of tech iii ships too...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Angry Mustache
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#97 - 2013-11-04 20:01:46 UTC
Sirinda wrote:
Angry Mustache wrote:
stuff

There is a thing as "too versatile" and "too malleable". Currently, T3's can outrun any battleship, out-fight any HAC, out tank and out tackle any recon. The only reason a T3 is not being used to fill every role (except maybe logistics) is price, and some more affluent alliances indeed are using them for every role.

And now they can go anywhere, and extract from any fight that can go badly, all for roughly twice the price of the much more limited HAC, much more versatile than the similarly priced navy Battleships, and much less expensive than the niche and flimsy Blops battleships.

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#98 - 2013-11-04 20:14:01 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Sirinda wrote:

I see a few restrictions happening. Main one will probably be that the ships can't refit if they are in combat (or possibly targetted/ agressed). Having these ships do the whatoosie flip flop during combat that carriers/supercaps do.....

I know we don't want the ability nerfed before its even in game... but the point is made, the point is valid. The versatility of the ships allows it to do several different types of jobs depending on how its fit. It doesn't mean it should be able to do several different types of jobs at one time, anywhere, and everywhere.

I don't think they'll get nerfed in the traditional sense, some subsystems will be downgraded and some others will be upgraded. It is also impossible for each ship to bring everything they need to do these massive ship equipment swaps without having sometype of industrial ship with them to drop equipment. The last thing they want is that thing in combat.

It is dicey, and yea we kind of know its dicey even before its released.

I am both cheering for this power projection, and fearful of it. While it gives smaller gangs a way of getting deeper into enemy territory, it also gives larger gangs the ability to deploy massive fleets, virtually undetected (as the covops cyno shows nothing), 1 system away from the target, with nearly no news or info.

Remember that T3's can put on covop cyno's now also.

Dangerous waters. You are tap-dancing in a potential minefield.

Yaay!!!!

Angry Mustache
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#99 - 2013-11-04 20:24:00 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Sirinda wrote:

I see a few restrictions happening. Main one will probably be that the ships can't refit if they are in combat (or possibly targetted/ agressed). Having these ships do the whatoosie flip flop during combat that carriers/supercaps do.....

This is another interesting point about the interaction between yurts and combat.

Yurts can anchor in 45 seconds, and if they allow in-combat refitting, you can expect this kind of hilarity to break out.

- When fighting rail/laser boats, the entire fleet refits hardeners and laughs off enemy damage
- If a tech 3 fleets is bubbled/trapped, entire fleet refits nullifier and o7's out
- If roaming in a pimp fit, and engaged in a fight you can not win, drop yurt, tank for 45 seconds, then deposit shinnies into yurt. Come back later within 48 hours to retrieve mods.

Lakshata Chawla
State War Academy
Caldari State
#100 - 2013-11-04 20:24:24 UTC
Now will we be able to ASSEMBLE T3's in wormholes, or will we still have to do that in Kspace?