These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

T3 insurance payout - I think there is a problem!

Author
Xain deSleena
420 Enterprises.
#1 - 2013-11-04 07:49:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Xain deSleena
So you put platinum insurance on a fully fit Tengu and it dies during a battle. How much do you get as insurance? Not much more than a T1 caracal.

If you insure a battleship at platinum rate you get back a nice portion of the cost of the hull so why are T3 hull insurance so minimal?

Not only does the pilot lose out on such shonky insurance payout but you lose skill points as well.

You are worse off flying the T3 ships than not flying them.

Anyone have any comparison stats on cost of hull vs payout for other T3 ships?
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#2 - 2013-11-04 07:52:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Baali Tekitsu
Dont fly T3s then. The insurance only covers t1 minerals. The other T3 and T2 ships have the same payouts.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-11-04 08:11:45 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Dont fly T3s then. The insurance only covers t1 minerals. The other T3 and T2 ships have the same payouts.

No they don't they adjusted the T2 payouts a while ago to be more compensatory with the ships actual market value, they didn't do it with T3's, other than that you're right, if the juice isn't worth the squeeze don't fly it.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Alduin666 Shikkoken
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-11-04 08:15:33 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Baali Tekitsu wrote:

No they don't they adjusted the T2 payouts a while ago to be more compensatory with the ships actual market value, they didn't do it with T3's, other than that you're right, if the juice isn't worth the squeeze don't fly it.

Tried to insure my buzzard the other day . . . plat payout was as much as a heron.

Honor is a fools prize. [I]Glory is of no use to the dead.[/I]

Be a man! Post with your main! ~Vas'Avi Community Manager

Eli Kzanti
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-11-04 08:36:04 UTC
Insurance payout on my cheetah is ~2m, payout on my firetail is ~300k, they cost 19m and 11m respectively. Just two examples of many.

Its been like this forever. Your tengu isnt special, your suggestion isn't needed. Or could it be that you are afraid of risk in null sec? You dont want to put your ISK on the line? Because that... that would be pretty funny, wouldn't it.
JamDunc
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#6 - 2013-11-04 12:04:07 UTC
When people call for a nerf in T3s they forget how many extra negatives come with flying one. The Sp loss and the lack of pretty much any insurance means flying one of these things is much more risky than most other ships.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#7 - 2013-11-04 12:10:10 UTC
Tech 1 ships get good insurance payouts to help newbies recover quicker from ship losses.

Newbies can't fly tech 2 or 3 ships so those ships do not need insurance. By the time you can undock in a Proteus, you should know not to fly anything that hurts to lose.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-11-04 12:10:14 UTC
JamDunc wrote:
When people call for a nerf in T3s they forget how many extra negatives come with flying one. The Sp loss and the lack of pretty much any insurance means flying one of these things is much more risky than most other ships.

Yeah, but most of the people calling for nerfs live in nullsec, where the problem lies in that their ratting alts keep getting buttsecksed by covops/nullified T3s and their perma-bubblecamps cannot catch them. In nullsec, FCs will reimburse doctrine T3s, and the SP loss doesn't matter 'cause once you've got the FOTM doctrines trained you don't need to train anything else whilst you crawl towards a supercarrier.

Dodixie > Hek

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#9 - 2013-11-04 12:13:37 UTC
JamDunc wrote:

Plus: Battleship tank, small sig rad, speed and versatility

Negative: Insurance payout like any other non-T1 hull and the potential loss of four and a bit days training if you've taken your subs to level 5.

As negatives go I've always been more than happy to accept them for the advantages gained.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#10 - 2013-11-04 12:15:54 UTC
JamDunc wrote:

Well actually it isnt more risky than flying other things, its actually even less as you have BS size tank with a Cruiser size sig and align time. The only ship that can almost match this is the Machariel.
And T3s arent expensive either, roundabout 400M for a t2 fitted one. If you want to factionfit it thats your choice.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-11-04 12:25:59 UTC
Samillian wrote:

Plus: Battleship tank, small sig rad, speed and versatility

Negative: Insurance payout like any other non-T1 hull and the potential loss of four and a bit days training if you've taken your subs to level 5.

As negatives go I've always been more than happy to accept them for the advantages gained.

In the case of the proteus: FTFY

Dodixie > Hek

Bratarne
Home Guard Assembly
#12 - 2013-11-04 15:22:38 UTC
Xain deSleena wrote:
So you put platinum insurance on a fully fit Tengu and it dies during a battle. How much do you get as insurance? Not much more than a T1 caracal.

If you insure a battleship at platinum rate you get back a nice portion of the cost of the hull so why are T3 hull insurance so minimal?

Not only does the pilot lose out on such shonky insurance payout but you lose skill points as well.

What seems to be the problem with this? I don't see it.
destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#13 - 2013-11-04 16:36:10 UTC  |  Edited by: destiny2
Grath Telkin wrote:
Baali Tekitsu wrote:

Wait PL'rs insure their ships Da Fu*Kkkk Shocked

altho i did find it entertaining that the plat insurance payout on a super is more then a titan
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-11-04 16:42:09 UTC
Xain deSleena wrote:

I remember back when AAA was full of mobsters that never QQ'd about things like insurance. Are you fearing the upcoming 5th annual "Kick AAA Down The Stairs" event?

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#15 - 2013-11-04 16:43:47 UTC
lol insurance
Baggo Hammers
#16 - 2013-11-04 17:03:40 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Baali Tekitsu wrote:

No they didn't. Show me.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-11-04 18:11:34 UTC
If you can't afford to lose it, don't fly it... this is goes double for T2 and T3 ships.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#18 - 2013-11-04 18:15:40 UTC
Xain deSleena wrote:
Because it's a full-risk kind of ship to fly.

The more “T”, the less insurance. Blink
Xaveus Young
Drugs R Us
#19 - 2013-11-04 18:17:30 UTC
EVE tries to be like real life, and in real life, insurance is a scam....

So it is working as intended Big smile
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#20 - 2013-11-04 18:48:33 UTC
Insurance = ISK faucet.

Platinum Insurance : 70% payout for 30% premium.

Even if insurance doesn't cover the full cost, it is always worthwhile to insure if you know you are likely to lose your ship (PvP).