These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

what happens when trolls become the establishment?

First post
Author
Diomedes Calypso
Aetolian Armada
#41 - 2013-11-02 03:43:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Diomedes Calypso
Lugia3 wrote:
The badposts are growing, because the badposts are growing.

Florence and the Machine .. right ?

Quote:
Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father
Run for your children, for your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your longing behind
You can't carry it with you if you want to survive

The bad posts are over ?
The bad posts are done?
The Armor Fleet is coming
So you better run !

Petra Hakaari
Stalking Wolfpack
#42 - 2013-11-02 03:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Petra Hakaari
I think that, its been a few years already that "trolling" has become kind of a fashion, lots of internet random kids, and not so kids, try to emulate the so called troll, but they are quite confused, or unable to achieve that, and they just "do the clown", kids with low self esteem, needed of attention 'aka' whoreattentions, you see lots of those: "hey how cool am i did you see what i just said?... huh? hello? someone, PLEASE LOL AT MY JOKE OR I'LL KILL MYSELF..."., read lame/wannabe FC's, who ppl endup lauging at stupid jokes just because to earn their grace, I've seen tons of these on carebear Incursion HQ fleets...

One thing is trolling, another thing is mocking and ending up the phrase with an "xD", this emote seems to "take out iron" of the harsh random mocking prhase the kid just dropped, no fun at all.

Real trolling is harmless, fun for the one who said it, fun for the spectators, and INOFENSIVE for the one that received it, I don't say fun for this last dude because, even more on the internet, there are tons of grown egos individuals with thin skin unable to handle some REAL trolling, as I already said, one thing is stupid mocking, another is oldskool good fashioned trolling.

Because tities .

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2013-11-02 04:07:35 UTC
Don't do the clown, kids.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#44 - 2013-11-02 11:58:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
we could use them as toothpicks
fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2013-11-02 12:35:13 UTC  |  Edited by: fuer0n
Petra Hakaari wrote:
I think that, its been a few years already that "trolling" has become kind of a fashion, lots of internet random kids, and not so kids, try to emulate the so called troll, but they are quite confused, or unable to achieve that, and they just "do the clown", kids with low self esteem, needed of attention 'aka' whoreattentions, you see lots of those: "hey how cool am i did you see what i just said?... huh? hello? someone, PLEASE LOL AT MY JOKE OR I'LL KILL MYSELF..."., read lame/wannabe FC's, who ppl endup lauging at stupid jokes just because to earn their grace, I've seen tons of these on carebear Incursion HQ fleets...

One thing is trolling, another thing is mocking and ending up the phrase with an "xD", this emote seems to "take out iron" of the harsh random mocking prhase the kid just dropped, no fun at all.

Real trolling is harmless, fun for the one who said it, fun for the spectators, and INOFENSIVE for the one that received it, I don't say fun for this last dude because, even more on the internet, there are tons of grown egos individuals with thin skin unable to handle some REAL trolling, as I already said, one thing is stupid mocking, another is oldskool good fashioned trolling.

you sir/madam are in an apptly named guild, your nearly as funny as your guilds namesake. ligten up.

i tell you what im wondering is did ccp guard make his own forum avitar or was it sabotaged by his mates. either way great stuff.

someone edited my mains real avitar, shaved its head from the angle you don't see. no wonder why someone asked me the other day if i'd used my aurum and that i should buy my avitar some clothes with it Pirate now that is funny. playing around with skillpoints however is just nasty trolling. not funny. Big smile
Serptimis
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2013-11-02 13:26:07 UTC
Diomedes Calypso wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:

Quote:

The bad posts are over ?
The bad posts are done?
So you better run !

Mama, just trolled a man
Put a post in his GD thread
hit the post button, now he's mad
Mama, the thread had just begun
But now I've gone and trolled it all away
Pandora Barzane
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2013-11-02 13:55:28 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
Grendel Sickswitch wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
[quote=Grendel Sickswitch]

just calm down, okay? can you do that for me?

Can you stop being humorless and condescending? Can you do that for me? When you start a grrGoons thread saying things that get posted and said about three times a week, every week, people naturally aren't going to take you seriously.

Sorry if I'm not "calm" enough for you. I've cancelled my accounts and I really don't care how I come across anymore.

can I stuff haz?

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2013-11-02 14:07:01 UTC
The aim of the High is to remain where they are. The aim of the Middle is to change places with the High. The aim of the Low, when they have an aim—for it is an abiding characteristic of the Low that they are too much crushed by drudgery to be more than intermittently conscious of anything outside their daily lives—is to abolish all distinctions and create a society in which all men shall be equal.
The goons will fall as all powergroupings fall.
They will be replaced by a powergroup virtually indistinguishable from them.
Miners and high sec carebears will remain the lowest of the low.

In the real world it is the bankers that are trolling us http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Grendel Sickswitch
#49 - 2013-11-02 17:07:17 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:

Can you stop being humorless and condescending? Can you do that for me? When you start a grrGoons thread saying things that get posted and said about three times a week, every week, people naturally aren't going to take you seriously.

Sorry if I'm not "calm" enough for you. I've cancelled my accounts and I really don't care how I come across anymore.

lol
Thead Enco
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#50 - 2013-11-02 17:16:42 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
If by establishment you mean CSM, it has happened, now and again. Most times they are sidelined or sideline themsleves (see Darius III)

Other times they realize that it is *work* and step away before they might even get elected (or worse, loser horribly) - see James315

Now this is not to say that we on the CSM8 are above trolling, far from it. We are tempted to do so just like the rest of you but we prefer it on a higher level. We work and troll now and again as opposed to troll and don't work at all.

or so we tell you

nda and all

m

So those summer minutes? did they get ganked otw to jita or something
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#51 - 2013-11-02 17:56:23 UTC

This this 1000 times this.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Aquila Shadow
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#52 - 2013-11-02 18:15:30 UTC
What do you mean "when"?

"Let Vigilance Be Your Sword"

Diomedes Calypso
Aetolian Armada
#53 - 2013-11-02 19:18:12 UTC
Petra Hakaari wrote:

You are being haunted by the memories of the hokey jokes your 6th grade science teacher used to tell.

The gaming world has changed.... and it isn't "trolling" you're getting "trolled" by. -

-- It's just a different type of numskull - people who like making cringe worthy Puns and maybe the guys who play on the third squad of amature rugby clubs who drop trowsers in a bar while singing bawdy drinking songs.

Beware the "snide-elite" of gaming ... you are being over run by Hokey Science teachers and Nutty Overweight Rugby players -- your tears are delicious..even if they are unintended byproducts of people just having social fun instead of sitting on the sofa watching a night time romance-drama with their wives.

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-11-02 20:01:28 UTC
Serptimis wrote:
Diomedes Calypso wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:

Quote:

The bad posts are over ?
The bad posts are done?
So you better run !

Mama, just trolled a man
Put a post in his GD thread
hit the post button, now he's mad

hmmm... I like that. Needs a closer rhyme like:

Mama, just trolled a man
Put a shiptoast in his thread
clicked the button, now it's read.

Mama, oooh...
Didn't post to make you cry
If I get banned again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.

Beelzebub has a forum put aside for me, for me, for ME!

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2013-11-02 23:14:22 UTC
Petra Hakaari wrote:

Good trolls cloak.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Mikhem
Taxisk Unlimited
#56 - 2013-11-03 13:50:38 UTC
I would say my deep thanks to trolls since they gave us the most important part of Incarna: Establishments.

Mikhem

Link library to EVE music songs.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#57 - 2013-11-03 19:17:54 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
When Trolls become the establishment you get wide-ranging non-aggression pacts in a PvP game.

Marvellous timing there

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

IDGAD
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2013-11-04 03:10:19 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
This is Eve - it was established by Trolls and considering recent developer conduct, they decided a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see them through.

Accordingly, your thread title doesn't make any sense.

I vote Large Collidable Object as EVE's emissary to other games. She/he is the perfect example of EVE culture and is much better at representing the masses than the CSM.
Sheldor Amouh
#59 - 2013-11-04 04:41:17 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
What do we do about The grrGoon Problem

Easy, whenever any corp or alliance exceeds 666 members, the corp or alliance is instantly disbanded, all the members podded, abd all the assests of the corp and or alliance, and its members, are randomly distributed in blue cans around all the major trade hubs. That would keep things hopping.

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#60 - 2013-11-04 04:48:26 UTC
Whats a Troll? Roll

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.