These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Bounty, couple of questions about it.

First post
Author
Richard Lohengrin
Citadel Space Exploration Agency
#1 - 2013-11-02 08:23:26 UTC
I was looking everywhere, but i still can't find a proper answer about bounty expiration time. As example, someone place a giant bounty on a character, so playing this character will become very-very risky. Obvious thing, isn't it? Question - for how long account must stay inactive until bounty removal? Or - how long bounty lasts?

By the way, CCP act in the most unexplainable manner and reduce their own income. People don't like to be a target, they abandon Eve after the bounty is placed on them. CCP lose money. Or maybe i'm wrong?
Black Dranzer
#2 - 2013-11-02 08:24:47 UTC
Bounties do not expire. They remain until they are claimed.
Kate stark
#3 - 2013-11-02 08:25:50 UTC
Richard Lohengrin wrote:
As example, someone place a giant bounty on a character, so playing this character will become very-very risky. Obvious thing, isn't it?


so obvious that you're wrong.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#4 - 2013-11-02 08:28:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
You need to be inactive for five months, last we heard.

And it's not going to lose CCP any customers since having a bounty does not really make you a target. Your risks don't particularly increase because unless you fly something very valuable, the payout will be very low, and if you fly something valuable, you're at risk for that fact alone.
Jezza McWaffle
United Operations of Dominion
Sinful Syndicate
#5 - 2013-11-02 09:23:22 UTC
The fact you only get what is it, 20% of the ships value? Pretty much makes bounties pointless, because you'd have to be flying something really expensive to make it worthwhile at which point no one would care about the bounty but rather the deadsapce mods you had fitted.

Wormholes worst badass | Checkout my Wormhole blog

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-11-02 10:07:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
I fly Multi Billion ISK ships which I use to kill people, I also have 1.6 or 2 Bill bounty on me I think.

Nobody has ever suicided my ships or me.

I am a valid target for one but it will prolly cost them more to suicide me then what they will get. Your an idiot for thinking a small bounty is going to get you killed.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Frying Doom
#7 - 2013-11-02 10:17:54 UTC
They are a small edible food, covered in chocolate and filled with coconut. Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#8 - 2013-11-02 11:04:27 UTC
So I come back from my break (had to serve some time for stabbing a man in the spleen for his video game currency), and this is the topmost thread in GD? Wait, I'm a little confused here; should I be surprised, or are things going exactly the way they're supposed to for this game? This is such a surreal moment for me, I can't even imagine how my face looks like right now.

Well, after reading the patch notes, I'm at least happy that they didn't screw up the warfare links. I see you're still fighting the good fight, Tippia. If the NEX store had ponchos and fake mustaches, I'd buy you a set for sure.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#9 - 2013-11-02 13:34:13 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
They are a small edible food, covered in chocolate and filled with coconut. Lol


Can they be fried?

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-11-02 14:17:52 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
They are a small edible food, covered in chocolate and filled with coconut. Lol


Can they be fried?



Only in Scotland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_bar

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-11-02 15:22:20 UTC
OP, I'm going to spell it out for you in very plain, simple language: Nobody will ever kill you for a bounty. This is something that really does not ever happen in the game. Anybody considering killing you is not going to even look at your bounty. It will come to them as a surprise bonus after the fact and they may not even notice it if they don't watch their wallet carefully.
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#12 - 2013-11-02 15:25:44 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
OP, I'm going to spell it out for you in very plain, simple language: [b]Nobody will ever kill you for a bounty.

This is very much true.

OP is very much more likely to be ganked because it's fun and you've indicated that you are a whiner, which by definition are much more fun to gank.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-11-02 15:27:26 UTC
someone should ask FlumZ how he feels about it.

forums.  serious business.

Jim Era
#14 - 2013-11-02 15:33:36 UTC
please dont bounty me

Wat™

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-11-02 15:40:10 UTC
Think of it as a great vanity item for your character portrait that you didn't have to pay for. Or just keep getting upset about it, that's really the only reason people are given bounties in the first place.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#16 - 2013-11-02 15:42:04 UTC
Come to think of it, I should probably side with the OP on this one kick up a huge stir so my bounty goes up.
I'm not even in the top 10 any more. Cry
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#17 - 2013-11-02 15:43:56 UTC
people also enjoy getting notified when their corpmates have died in a fire.

or you could use that as intel on player activity.

forums.  serious business.

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#18 - 2013-11-02 18:41:12 UTC
Richard Lohengrin wrote:
I was looking everywhere, but i still can't find a proper answer about bounty expiration time. As example, someone place a giant bounty on a character, so playing this character will become very-very risky. Obvious thing, isn't it? Question - for how long account must stay inactive until bounty removal? Or - how long bounty lasts?

By the way, CCP act in the most unexplainable manner and reduce their own income. People don't like to be a target, they abandon Eve after the bounty is placed on them. CCP lose money. Or maybe i'm wrong?



Playing with a bounty in Hi-Sec is no riskier than playing without one. And it doesn't really matter in low sec or null since you already had a chance of getting pewed pewed anyway.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-11-02 18:58:28 UTC
I mean, you get this big WANTED banner right below your face. Don't we all just want to know we're wanted?
Diomedes Calypso
Aetolian Armada
#20 - 2013-11-02 19:06:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Diomedes Calypso
Black Dranzer wrote:
Bounties do not expire. They remain until they are claimed.


I'd add that the way the new design works, they are very hard to game with the use of alts.

I have a couple traders with 100 million isk bounties on them (undercut the wrong guys in the wrong systems) . I do some hauling with them so, well .

Unless it was closer to 500 million I doubt it would be the only motivation.. even for a lone thrasher with me in a T1 industrial. But if a ganker in it for FUN/Tears as much as for ISK profit.. they may as well choose the target with the 100 mllion isk bounty on it. ( a stupid name would be more dangerous, but hell even 1 /10th of 1% a lower chance jumping into niraja might help.. I've escaped PvP ganks with 3% structure on a POD ; ) never know when a tiny difference saves you )


Here is more on how the mechanics work.. even though many have accurately stated that a bounty on you really isn't a big deal :

The person blowing up the ship gets only 20% of the value of what is destroyed. I figured if I put my trade alt in a $200 million isk battleship, that if my main blew it up, the main would get 40 million isk, the bounty would be reduced by 40 million isk and I'd get back $150 million via the insurance mechanism (200 mllion payout vs 50 mllion platinmum insurance policy)

Well.. damn, my main only got 10 million isk in payments and the bounty was only reduced by 10 million !

--- loss of 50 million to reduce bounty by 10 million (net 40 loss if your alt gets the bounty) !


Whines ? NO

Working as intended.. unfortunately . ...But ,

as other's have said it would take a really big number to come into the equation in a meaningful way. If big enough, It is an interesting game dynamic. Someone would really need to spend a lot to hope that it made any difference. I'd call it WAR, not greifing. (if the mechanics were lower than 5 to 1 cost it might be easy to game by finding temporarily mis-priced items) .

.

12Next page