These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
4 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

Mobile Tractor

First post
Author
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-11-01 23:32:25 UTC
Uhh, not a big issue, but it appears the mobile tractor is not looting wrecks.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-11-02 00:14:05 UTC
I also see that it needs to be the 2km/s velocity that Fozzie had originally stated.
125km at 1km/s takes forever..
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2013-11-02 00:21:02 UTC
The 1000m/s was an intentional change since I made the earlier post.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Caldari State
#4 - 2013-11-02 00:47:49 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
The 1000m/s was an intentional change since I made the earlier post.



I figured as much, I just don't think that slow of a speed at that great of a range is a good idea.


The target swap time, 1 tractor, and the fact that it's attackable should be the limitations.
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-11-02 00:55:49 UTC
Also, is there a way to keep them from tractoring off each other...
Cause that's annoying.
#6 - 2013-11-02 01:28:19 UTC
1,000m/s is so static. Why not base velocity on a pretty curve? The closer the object is to the tractor, the faster the tractor's velocity. Or maybe it should be the inverse?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Caldari State
#7 - 2013-11-02 01:35:03 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
1,000m/s is so static. Why not base velocity on a pretty curve? The closer the object is to the tractor, the faster the tractor's velocity. Or maybe it should be the inverse?




the inverse if they were going to do that..
#8 - 2013-11-02 23:21:35 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Also, is there a way to keep them from tractoring off each other...
Cause that's annoying.


Also, it'd make a hilarious way to pick up cloakers, dragging wrecks around the grid at random.
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#9 - 2013-11-03 13:17:17 UTC
Tractor beam units is not tracking when the owner is off grid : working as it should or not ?

If it's volontary inactive if owner is offgrid, then i'm sad Sad

Still, it should be said in the description if that's the case.
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-11-03 16:37:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Risalo
Teddyboom wrote:
Tractor beam units is not tracking when the owner is off grid : working as it should or not ?

If it's volontary inactive if owner is offgrid, then i'm sad Sad

Still, it should be said in the description if that's the case.



If they're not intended to work when you're not on grid, then CCP might as well remove them from the game cause they serve no logical purpose when you factor their size, velocity, and target swap timer.
#11 - 2013-11-03 16:41:22 UTC
Currently unhappy with mobile tractor unit as it is :(
Way to slow, way to ineffective, and not even pulling when off-grid...
Not sure what the use of this should be if it's so ... special.
Shall i go afk for half hour to see the wrecks pulled?

[u]Things that would make EVE better:[/u] NRDS - Remove Local - Balance Cloak - Sov-Mechanic Changes - Less QQ

Caldari State
#12 - 2013-11-03 22:06:43 UTC
Unit was also trying to tractor my cloaked stratios sending a nice beam right at were my ship was, and no it wasn't trying to tractor something behind me it followed me around for a good minute.

Although that gives me a idea. what if we had a deploy-able the that sent a pulse towards cloaked ships every 15 seconds. or maybe a sphere wave that would have a blank spot were a cloaked ship is. that could be handy.

Caldari State
#13 - 2013-11-03 22:40:07 UTC
remaG Mashiba wrote:
Unit was also trying to tractor my cloaked stratios sending a nice beam right at were my ship was, and no it wasn't trying to tractor something behind me it followed me around for a good minute.

Although that gives me a idea. what if we had a deploy-able the that sent a pulse towards cloaked ships every 15 seconds. or maybe a sphere wave that would have a blank spot were a cloaked ship is. that could be handy.



Start a new thread on that, as it has some merit.
#14 - 2013-11-04 10:42:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Muckra Sharvas
I think it's because the tractor is getting stuck on trying to loot empty wrecks. As soon as I salvaged the wrecks around it the tractor unit started scooping the cans.
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2013-11-04 12:26:07 UTC
There are a few known defects relating to the Tractor Unit on the current build of Sisi. They include the issue where it starts looting erratically and the issue where it stops working when players leave grid for a significant amount of time. Neither are by design.

Keep up the testing and bug reporting guys, and thanks.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#16 - 2013-11-04 13:26:20 UTC
So my initial plan to drop those in every anom I do and get back later for loot (or to salvage if I manage to get bored with shooting red crosses before wrecks expire) seems possible again. Fozzie, beer++ if you ever happen to be in Poland :)

Hmm, so now I have to find another thing to complain about...

Invalid signature format

#17 - 2013-11-04 16:30:22 UTC
I couldn't find anything to the following question: Will Sleeper or other Rats be shooting that Tractor Unit or will they plain and simple ignore it?

[u]Things that would make EVE better:[/u] NRDS - Remove Local - Balance Cloak - Sov-Mechanic Changes - Less QQ

Caldari State
#18 - 2013-11-04 16:55:38 UTC
Atlantis Fuanan wrote:
I couldn't find anything to the following question: Will Sleeper or other Rats be shooting that Tractor Unit or will they plain and simple ignore it?


All the new structures are ignored by npcs
#19 - 2013-11-06 15:49:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Kane Fenris
if i have a tractor my self say in a marauder can i pull that thing along behind me like a jetcan?
#20 - 2013-11-06 20:17:10 UTC
When this was first introduced i was hoping there would be some skill associated with this to make it better.

Like skilling up to allow for more active tractors speed and range. That being said not enough tractors to make destroyers and the Noctis obsolete.

If the above were true I would have used this device in conjunction with a Noctis and let the Auto Tractor tractor and loot the wrecks and fit the Notctis with salvagers and drones. To me that would have enhanced the salvaging game play, and certainly would have shortened it. Being that it can be probed and destroyed buffing the tractor even giving the ability to tractor multiple wrecks I don't think would really imbalance the salvaging profession, it may actually draw some PvP action into the mix.

Right now after seeing the stats and playing with one on SiSi i am not as excited as I once was about this particular deployable.

Are there any possibilities of giving this deployable tweaks that skill could govern?
4 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump