These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Stealth Change to the MJD.

Author
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#1 - 2013-11-01 01:00:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Gizznitt Malikite
Most well-informed EvE players are familiar with the MWD-Cloak to warp trick. It is used to avoid being tackled by a hostile as you enter a system. The crux of the trick is you enter system, align to your warp destination, cloak (must be t2 cloak), and activate the MWD. At the end of the MWD cycle, you decloak and spam warp. When performed properly, it is very difficult to catch you, as you can cloak before they target you, and you enter warp before they can target you.

With the release of MJD's, this trick got a new module to help with nullsec travel. Employing a similar tactic as above, the MJD provided two major benefits over the MWD.

1.) You never had to decloak. The MJD would auto-decloak you at the end of its cycle, shoot you forward 100 km's while maintaining alignment, and allow you then instantly warp to your destination. Decloaking too early or too late is one of the most common ways to lose your ship when attempting the MWD-cloak trick, so not having to worry about this timing is a pretty major boon.

2.) The MJD was bubble proof. Bubbles don't prevent the MJD from shooting your ship forward 100 km's, thereby allowing you to zoom out of hictor and dictor bubbles, which are generally responsible for the death of most MWD-cloak travel in nullsec.

What is the stealth change? MJD's now decloak you when activated, and prevent you from re-cloaking. Since I've personally recommended the MJD-cloak trick to nullsec battleship pilots, I figured its appropriate to announce this technique no longer works.

That is all.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-11-01 01:04:35 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#3 - 2013-11-01 02:20:36 UTC
Hmm, wow. I know some people who do this, I'll have to let them to know to look into it.

Thanks for the public service announcement. Back end fixes my ass.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-11-01 02:25:09 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

Well we can't allow the battleship to become a Solopwnmobile.... plus this ties in nicely with the 250% lock time over a battlecruiser, the 0% extra HP over a T3, the inability to track anything without a bajillion tracking computers, the speed and agility of an Orca and the soon to be slowest warping ships in the game...

Luckily they can still equip the biggest subcap nuets in game... phew

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#5 - 2013-11-01 02:34:16 UTC
BShip PvP is dying.
Long live HAC PvP!!!

:)

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#6 - 2013-11-01 03:32:22 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
BShip PvP is dying.
Long live HAC PvP!!!

:)


I am with you on this one...

Hate Battleships, they blow.

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-11-01 03:36:12 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
BShip PvP is dying.
Long live HAC PvP!!!

:)


I am with you on this one...

Hate Battleships, they blow.

Yeah we all want to fly around in the spaceship equivalent of a hatchback. Battleships were and should be the V10 Viper of the spaceship world. You don't like them because CCP fekked them.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#8 - 2013-11-01 04:06:59 UTC
By back-end fix, CCP apparently meant to say "All solo traveling BS pilots prepare to take it in the ***."






Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-11-01 04:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
I wouldn't be surprized if MWD-cloak trick was to be screwed up as well, and I'm pretty serious on this one.

And I do feel that battleships are in huge trouble again.
PotatoOverdose
Royal Black Watch Highlanders
#10 - 2013-11-01 04:45:57 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
By back-end fix, CCP apparently meant to say "All solo traveling BS pilots prepare to take it in the ***."

I think I found your problem.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-11-01 05:01:26 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

Well we can't allow the battleship to become a Solopwnmobile.... plus this ties in nicely with the 250% lock time over a battlecruiser, the 0% extra HP over a T3, the inability to track anything without a bajillion tracking computers, the speed and agility of an Orca and the soon to be slowest warping ships in the game...

Luckily they can still equip the biggest subcap nuets in game... phew



Can i quote you on my thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#12 - 2013-11-01 14:34:17 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:


interesting... a small back end fix still implies someone is taking it in the ass...
BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
Quantum Cafe
#13 - 2013-11-01 16:38:21 UTC
It's a fix, not a nerf

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#14 - 2013-11-01 16:51:38 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
By back-end fix, CCP apparently meant to say "All solo traveling BS pilots prepare to take it in the ***."


Damnit, I was about to make that joke. Sad

CCP - What happened to openness, eh?

Dodixie > Hek

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-11-01 16:53:28 UTC
BoBoZoBo wrote:
It's a fix, not a nerf



Do not deny that.. but is nice to announce such changes.... it snothign but fair that peopel know what their modules do or do not.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#16 - 2013-11-01 17:04:49 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Most well-informed EvE players are familiar with the MWD-Cloak to warp trick. It is used to avoid being tackled by a hostile as you enter a system. The crux of the trick is you enter system, align to your warp destination, cloak (must be t2 cloak), and activate the MWD. At the end of the MWD cycle, you decloak and spam warp. When performed properly, it is very difficult to catch you, as you can cloak before they target you, and you enter warp before they can target you.

With the release of MJD's, this trick got a new module to help with nullsec travel. Employing a similar tactic as above, the MJD provided two major benefits over the MWD.

1.) You never had to decloak. The MJD would auto-decloak you at the end of its cycle, shoot you forward 100 km's while maintaining alignment, and allow you then instantly warp to your destination. Decloaking too early or too late is one of the most common ways to lose your ship when attempting the MWD-cloak trick, so not having to worry about this timing is a pretty major boon.

2.) The MJD was bubble proof. Bubbles don't prevent the MJD from shooting your ship forward 100 km's, thereby allowing you to zoom out of hictor and dictor bubbles, which are generally responsible for the death of most MWD-cloak travel in nullsec.

What is the stealth change? MJD's now decloak you when activated, and prevent you from re-cloaking. Since I've personally recommended the MJD-cloak trick to nullsec battleship pilots, I figured its appropriate to announce this technique no longer works.

That is all.



So they had a broken mechanic, and you can no longer exploit it? Oh well.

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Lazy Eagle
Capsuleer Outfitters
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#17 - 2013-11-01 17:17:56 UTC
As long as i can still lock at 100k, make them think i have rails, and mjd to blaster range...... i would miss this more.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#18 - 2013-11-01 18:38:22 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Most well-informed EvE players are familiar with the MWD-Cloak to warp trick. It is used to avoid being tackled by a hostile as you enter a system. The crux of the trick is you enter system, align to your warp destination, cloak (must be t2 cloak), and activate the MWD. At the end of the MWD cycle, you decloak and spam warp. When performed properly, it is very difficult to catch you, as you can cloak before they target you, and you enter warp before they can target you.

With the release of MJD's, this trick got a new module to help with nullsec travel. Employing a similar tactic as above, the MJD provided two major benefits over the MWD.

1.) You never had to decloak. The MJD would auto-decloak you at the end of its cycle, shoot you forward 100 km's while maintaining alignment, and allow you then instantly warp to your destination. Decloaking too early or too late is one of the most common ways to lose your ship when attempting the MWD-cloak trick, so not having to worry about this timing is a pretty major boon.

2.) The MJD was bubble proof. Bubbles don't prevent the MJD from shooting your ship forward 100 km's, thereby allowing you to zoom out of hictor and dictor bubbles, which are generally responsible for the death of most MWD-cloak travel in nullsec.

What is the stealth change? MJD's now decloak you when activated, and prevent you from re-cloaking. Since I've personally recommended the MJD-cloak trick to nullsec battleship pilots, I figured its appropriate to announce this technique no longer works.

That is all.



So they had a broken mechanic, and you can no longer exploit it? Oh well.


I don't care if you can or cant utilize the trick or not, I just wanted to warn everyone it has changed.

I know some people that were caught with their pants down when suddenly the technique stopped working.

Also, unintended uses of modules is not necessarily a broken mechanic, as capsuleers have been doing unintended things in game ever since launch!
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#19 - 2013-11-01 20:17:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
Infinity Ziona wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
BShip PvP is dying.
Long live HAC PvP!!!

:)


I am with you on this one...

Hate Battleships, they blow.

Yeah we all want to fly around in the spaceship equivalent of a hatchback. Battleships were and should be the V10 Viper of the spaceship world. You don't like them because CCP fekked them.


You don't watch Top Gear, do you?
Pretty much everything is better than the Viper at pretty much everything.

So, your comparison is accurate..... just not in the way you seem to have meant it.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Lazy Eagle
Capsuleer Outfitters
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#20 - 2013-11-01 21:23:34 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:


You don't watch Top Gear, do you?


Some say he only knows two facts about ducks, and both of them are wrong.
12Next page