These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

[SERVICE] Collateralised loans

Author
Maxamilia N'Graves
Negatum Influensi
#1 - 2013-10-30 21:54:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Maxamilia N'Graves
Greetings.

I would like to offer my services as a loan agent to the Eve community. But first let me introduce myself.

Who am I?
I have been playing Eve since early 2008 and have grown quite fond of the industry side of things... until I got bitten by the PvP bug. PvP being what it is I started losing ships and realized that I needed an income, a steady one, to support my new addiction. I then purchased a character called Line Out who offered a corp creation / alliance creation service, the old thread can still be found in the forum archive (it was Line Out that created HYDRA RELOADED Alliance) and started training her for PvP. I've sold Line Out in her prime for a decent amount for what she was trained at the time and invested the ISK with another toon.

I then created another character called Kyra Mercury which I used to run lotteries with, secured by Somerset Mahm before Blink was created. I actually helped Somer test run the Blink project. Her lotteries can also be found on the old forums (to which I will put a link to once I get home).

I then bought another character which I trained and recently sold leaving me with a decent amount of liquid ISK.

What do I offer?
I want to use that liquid ISK that I have right now to offer loans to the community. Here is what I propose:
- I will offer loans with collateral, in the form of blueprints, ships, and items.
-- Researched Blueprints (obviously only originals) will be valued @ NPC market value.
-- Ships (rigged or not) will be valued at best jita sell order -15% provided it is a logical sell price.
-- Items will be valued individually depending on the item.

In return I will hold on to the collateral for a specified amount of time in the agreement between myself and the interested party, and will return the item to the owner at NO INTEREST RATE for the time being, simply to make a name for myself again.

These terms are bound to change at some point in time and it will be posted in this topic.

This is pretty much it for now. More to be posted later.

NB: MD residents, feel free to comment / suggest. Criticism is always positive.
Maxamilia N'Graves
Negatum Influensi
#2 - 2013-10-30 21:56:06 UTC
Reserved.
OllieNorth
Recidivists Incorporated
#3 - 2013-10-30 22:18:27 UTC
Would like pledge . .. 20 . . .

Hmm, someone OFFERING money, not asking for it?!

I don't know what to do with myself. Looks like a pretty straightforward service. Do you have ...

Ah ha! I see it, zero interest rate loans! 'Just to establish your name.'

--suspicious face--
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#4 - 2013-10-30 22:33:35 UTC
Maxamilia N'Graves
Negatum Influensi
#5 - 2013-10-30 23:22:49 UTC
This is where you are wrong. I have no intention of buying anything. I want to offer a LOAN service not a BUY service.

But I guess the only way for me to prove that would be someone trying it. Would any of you two like to try to prove my service isn't legit?
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#6 - 2013-10-31 00:29:10 UTC
Maxamilia N'Graves wrote:
This is where you are wrong. I have no intention of buying anything. I want to offer a LOAN service not a BUY service.

But I guess the only way for me to prove that would be someone trying it. Would any of you two like to try to prove my service isn't legit?

If I can think of a way to ensure I do not get shafted if you refuse to offer a return of the collateral, I might consider this offer for a loan.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

X ATM092
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#7 - 2013-10-31 08:39:18 UTC
Elizabeth Norn wrote:
I too would like to buy researched blueprints at NPC price.

flakeys
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-10-31 10:45:30 UTC
X ATM092 wrote:
Elizabeth Norn wrote:
I too would like to buy researched blueprints at NPC price.

I usually go for below npc , but to each their own .... Lol

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Nanatoa
#9 - 2013-10-31 11:51:11 UTC
So which character did you start playing with?
The character you are posting with is decently old, but indistinguishable from an alt. It joined a corporation immediately after creation, it posted only in the Character Bazaar. There is no other history. Nothing to show you can be trusted with my carefully researched battlehip BPO. (There's nothing wrong with valueing them at NPC price per se, but I have invested a lot of time and effort in getting it properly researched, which means I'm more attached to it and don't want you to run off with it.)

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-10-31 13:30:33 UTC
ship huls at =15% of sell in jita is gona be below the buy price as well be a few % i would think.

I 2 would love to buy ships and BPos under NPC price to flip fora quick resell awsome idea
Maxamilia N'Graves
Negatum Influensi
#11 - 2013-10-31 20:53:21 UTC
Alright guys, give it a chance, even Grendell started somewhere.
Maxamilia N'Graves
Negatum Influensi
#12 - 2013-10-31 21:06:53 UTC
Nanatoa wrote:
So which character did you start playing with?
The character you are posting with is decently old, but indistinguishable from an alt.

To answer your question, my very first character was named "Yannodel".
To further answer your question, yes this character is an alt, lightly trained, that was created for the sole purpose of holding the corp I am in right now, to satisfy my lust for blood in Empire WD with a few friends from Setenta Corp, namely Sean Avery, Marie Morton and a few others that we met along the way from our very first war dec.

All this information is verifyable on Battleclinic.
Thoraemond
Far Ranger
#13 - 2013-10-31 22:19:07 UTC
Was one of your past pilots Absalom Marathon, writing "Just don't have the time anymore. Recently discovered there is a life outside of Eve... " and "Kind of disappointed at the level of mistrust on these forums. It will be good to stay away some"?

Nothing wrong with takin' a break from New Eden, but if you were to get turned off by mistrust (say, in Market Discussions, as far-fetched as that sounds) and step away for a while, what would people do who wanted their collateral back?
Nanatoa
#14 - 2013-10-31 22:32:28 UTC
To answer your question, my very first character was named "Yannodel".

So that's your main?

Tell me, where did he start?

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#15 - 2013-10-31 22:48:33 UTC

Remember it's nothing personal, we're just a suspicious bunch and when someone comes in offering zero interest loans people are naturally skeptical.

Nanatoa wrote:

Tell me, where did he start?

In case you didn't know, it's quite interesting :).
Maxamilia N'Graves
Negatum Influensi
#16 - 2013-10-31 23:13:12 UTC
Funny how people dig up stuff on character not mentionned but fail to look up characters that are.

Here is another thread from Kyra Mercury, showing the third lottery i did, with links to the first and second.

Human nature to look fir bugs I suppose...
Kyra Mercury
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-10-31 23:20:11 UTC
Reading that thread brings back memories :)
Nanatoa
#18 - 2013-10-31 23:43:54 UTC
Elizabeth Norn wrote:

Yeah I know. My indirect and perhaps too subtle point was that he didn't start by posting with an alt offering 0% loans.
Interesting read that btw.

Maxamilia N'Graves
Negatum Influensi
#19 - 2013-10-31 23:51:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Maxamilia N'Graves
Nanatoa wrote:
Elizabeth Norn wrote:

Yeah I know. My indirect and perhaps too subtle point was that he didn't start by posting with an alt offering 0% loans.
Interesting read that btw.

I am not Grendell and everyone has a different path of life.

As a side note, here's another lottery I did with Kyra, this one self secured.

I actually had forgotten about that one.

EDIT: Maybe I should just stick to Lotteries :P
Nanatoa
#20 - 2013-11-01 00:06:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Nanatoa
I am not Grendell and everyone has a different path of life.

Indeed. If you want to do business on MD you'll have to do more than just make a post. This is not Sell Orders where people will believe anything you say.

Now I may be a bit hard on you, but all I want to make clear is that you'll have to put in the effort to become a proper trusted loan business. Showing that you understand the Market is what's important.
Quickly, name 3 of your competitors and their terms and rates.

12Next page