These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

[Request] Prevent Incursions Mothership from being killed immediately after appearing

First post
Author
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#21 - 2013-10-28 03:36:23 UTC
Mortis Aguila wrote:
In hindsight, this was probably the wrong place to post in an effort to instigate an uproar at the behavior of certain Incursion communities. Apologies for that. In response to the commentor who thinks denying access to the Incursions gameplay to the entire Eve community because they got their panties in a twist about being contested by a fleet from another community in a site ... I'm glad you didn't have access to nuclear weapons when somebody picked on you in your childhood.

Which one?
Mortis Aguila
PushmePullyou Industrial Services
#22 - 2013-10-28 03:47:53 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Mortis Aguila wrote:
In hindsight, this was probably the wrong place to post in an effort to instigate an uproar at the behavior of certain Incursion communities. Apologies for that. In response to the commentor who thinks denying access to the Incursions gameplay to the entire Eve community because they got their panties in a twist about being contested by a fleet from another community in a site ... I'm glad you didn't have access to nuclear weapons when somebody picked on you in your childhood.

Which one?

Which one what?
mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2013-10-28 04:33:07 UTC
Mortis Aguila wrote:

Yes, a forum where people recognize and point out that you're suffering consequences for your own actions was probably the wrong place to expect sympathy from.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Mortis Aguila
#24 - 2013-10-28 05:14:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Mortis Aguila
mynnna wrote:
Mortis Aguila wrote:

Yes, a forum where people recognize and point out that you're suffering consequences for your own actions was probably the wrong place to expect sympathy from.

(sigh) Is it a requirement for you to be an insufferable f***ing d***head whenever you respond to people with whom you disagree?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#25 - 2013-10-28 11:11:19 UTC
It's an extra service he provides for free.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2013-10-28 12:13:23 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
It's an extra service he provides for free.

You've been a pretty good teacher when it comes to honing my technique though. Big smile

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#27 - 2013-10-28 14:23:26 UTC
It's a service I provide for free.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#28 - 2013-10-30 07:49:28 UTC
I don't understand people attacking the Sansha ships in incursions.

The capsuleer ships drop more and better loot, and have worse AI.

Sure you need to get into their corporation first, or wardec them and hope they ignore you, but that is a small price to pay.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#29 - 2013-10-30 10:16:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Jint Hikaru
Now I'm not an incursion runner, so I don't have much experience with them, but isn't the point of an incursion to defeat the Mothership????

[/sarcasm]

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Lady Areola Fappington
#30 - 2013-10-30 10:48:50 UTC
I'm kind of confused....All this incursion running groups and complaining about motherships and stuff just reminds me of old everquest mob camps.

I mean, we're playing EVE. If the "other team" is doing something so profoundly annoying....go shoot them! Get some awoxing going, corptheftery, suicide gank...hell, suicide ECM at the right time on logi. The last thing you should be doing is crying like a themeparker experiencing "unfairness".

If they pop the mothership too quickly for you, then go pop them before they can kill the mothership.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#31 - 2013-10-30 13:23:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Mortis Aguila wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Mortis Aguila wrote:

(sigh) Is it a requirement for you to be an insufferable f***ing d***head whenever you respond to people with whom you disagree?

I have criticised them for it, but in truth, I can't really fault them in this thread, because mynna's first and second post was not really that unpleasent. Though it could be that I actually agree with them, so the biting wit has less of an impact. Seriously, I think the frustration you have is that you can see no way to get back at the people doing this, as they are spread out in diffeent corps and NPC's corps you cannot war dec them, nor can you suicide gank them because that takes a certain amount of organising of like minded people and they don't really exist in your community, but you could impact some of them and chose not to, why not at least target some of what you feel are their leaders, speak to fellow pilots upset with it and get something going..

Their objective could be to reduce the number of people running Incursions and it is effective, or it could be that certain people want Incursion runners in bling fitted ships warping gate to gate, so yes it is PvP and if you wantg to gather that ISK you will have to harden up and resist, rather than call for a change in the mechanics.

NB. I should point out that this exact strategy to close down Inursions earlier has been used before.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#32 - 2013-10-30 22:29:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Gizznitt Malikite
Potential solution:

Add Sansha Sites to go kill concord NPC's or Faction NPC's.

Run site, get sansha LP, increase blue bar.
If blue bar is increased enough, have mom despawn....

*edit* There really ought to be some drawbacks or conflict available here:
You only collect LP if the Sansha is NOT defeated,
You lose standings with the Faction NPC's for helping out Sanshas....
Maybe running these sites while the mom is being attacked spawns new bomber waves at the mom site (for those who don't know, a bomber wave deals ~50k alpha and is responsible for most ship deaths in a mom site).
Marexlovox
Hull Pen
Pen Is Out
#33 - 2013-10-31 07:23:21 UTC
I think Incursion should be strictly low/null, and just rebuff missions. Blink
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#34 - 2013-10-31 21:10:22 UTC
Marexlovox wrote:
I think Incursion should be strictly low/null, and just rebuff missions. Blink

To be honest, I disagree with this sentiment.

I believe Highsec incursions are overwhelmingly positive for EvE in general. They are difficult enough to require teamwork, and operate in a manner where even more risk-adverse members of EvE community will participate. In other words, they are one of the few highsec activities that actually brings players together. This is important for forming contacts, friendships, and more. Believe it or not, forming these bonds, joining into a community, is one of the largest factors that govern player retention.
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#35 - 2013-11-02 13:05:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Darek Castigatus
I'm not so sure about that, from what I see it seems to have spawned a large group of massively wealthy, incredibly overentitled fuckheads who whine shrilly and unendingly whenever anyone else 'dares' to touch what they think is theirs by right. Its like everything bad about highsec has been distilled into one group.

Yes people will shoot incursion motherships, in case you forgot thats what theyre ******* there for. What they are not there for is for you to sit on like Elvis on his throne farming more piles of isk to horde or spend on pointless bling. *Youve already been told what works against the tactics you described and the things you claim are stopping you are only stopping you because you cant be bothered to make the effort to address them.

*by you i mean the OP and his ilk*

(Insert clip of willy wonkas YOU GET NOTHING scene here)

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Mortis Aguila
#36 - 2013-11-03 23:49:42 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:
I'm not so sure about that, from what I see it seems to have spawned a large group of massively wealthy, incredibly overentitled fuckheads who whine shrilly and unendingly whenever anyone else 'dares' to touch what they think is theirs by right. Its like everything bad about highsec has been distilled into one group.

Yes people will shoot incursion motherships, in case you forgot thats what theyre ******* there for. What they are not there for is for you to sit on like Elvis on his throne farming more piles of isk to horde or spend on pointless bling. *Youve already been told what works against the tactics you described and the things you claim are stopping you are only stopping you because you cant be bothered to make the effort to address them.

*by you i mean the OP and his ilk*

(Insert clip of willy wonkas YOU GET NOTHING scene here)

Wow. Somebody is in desperate need of a hug.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#37 - 2013-11-04 15:47:38 UTC
Mortis Aguila wrote:

I'd say the OP is the one in need of the Hug.... Oh wait...

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Mortis Aguila
#38 - 2013-11-05 02:52:04 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Mortis Aguila wrote:

Way to jump on the "blame the victim" bandwagon. Well played.
AnJuan Jackson
Kraken Exploration and Janitorial Services
Tactical Supremacy
#39 - 2013-11-05 03:00:29 UTC
EVE Online is about competition.

They make ISK, they deny you easy ISK.

Which also stops inflation.

Works as intended.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#40 - 2013-11-05 08:59:21 UTC
Mortis Aguila wrote:
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Mortis Aguila wrote:

Way to jump on the "blame the victim" bandwagon. Well played.

Wait, someone else killed the mothership in an incursion, exactly what you are supposed to do with an incursion (its like the end of level boss), and now you are 'the victim'????

Get over yourself.

Previous page123Next page