These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

T2 Bombs

Author
DeDes
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#1 - 2013-10-30 01:48:43 UTC
How about this?

2 Types.

One that does half damage but 2x explosion velocity for small ships

Other Does 2x Damage but useful only against capitals.

Galphii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-10-30 01:51:33 UTC
Makes sense, brings them into line with missiles etc. Gold!

"Wow, that internet argument completely changed my fundamental belief system," said no one, ever.

M1k3y Koontz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-10-30 02:11:21 UTC
This idea makes a lot of sense.

It would give me a reason to train T2 bombs at least. Who uses lockbreaker bombs anyway.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#4 - 2013-10-30 02:22:37 UTC
I approve of this product and/or service. More useful bombs are always good.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#5 - 2013-10-30 04:29:33 UTC
DeDes wrote:
How about this?

2 Types.

And make them usable in lowsec Twisted
Gigan Amilupar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-10-30 05:00:08 UTC
DeDes wrote:
How about this?

2 Types.

I'm not a bomber so I really can't speak as to whether or not these are OP or not, but if it's a suggestion that gives more tools to kill caps and supercaps then I'll throw my support behind it until someone shows that it's a bad idea or that it wouldn't work.

+1
Janna Windforce
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-10-30 08:37:34 UTC
And let me fit two of T2 launchers :> You still wouldn't be able to instagib anyone, but you could have fun with just a few friends who took the time to train for it.
Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#8 - 2013-10-30 11:11:26 UTC
I would prefer something like an AC20 from mechwarrior

It fires a couple of lower damage projectiles with a very small explosion radius. Used against a cruiser a few direct hits would kill it outright and probably the pod as well.

Of course staying aligned and uncloaked long enough to pull it off is another story..
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#9 - 2013-10-30 12:37:36 UTC
DeDes wrote:
How about this?

2 Types. One that does half damage but 2x explosion velocity for small ships Other Does 2x Damage but useful only against capitals.

I could get behind this as it fits with choice and consequence along with balance. Nice one OP.
GeeShizzle MacCloud
#10 - 2013-10-30 12:51:22 UTC
yahh currently afaik the t2 bomb launcher is the only t2 weapon system that doesnt have ANY t2 ammo, the prerequisites for using a t2 bomb launcher currently are not worth the training for the bonus it gives you.

DeDes's ideas are pretty cool!

half the damage (and therefore half the ehp of trad bombs), i think reduced explosion radius (not velocity) would apply better and easier. however hitting smaller fast targets is much harder because of bombs slow speed so something like this would have to have a pretty decent speed.

a more anti capital bomb would have to use explosion radius to scale damage away from subcaps so that theyre not used as a de-facto bomb against all. 3km explosion radius would do it and therefore BS sized sigs will only receive 1/6th the damage of those bombs, ahacs would recieve only 1/24th the damage for example so it scales quite well.
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#11 - 2013-10-30 14:26:01 UTC
+1 for a great proposal
Maennas Vaer
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-10-30 16:11:21 UTC
Really like this idea. +1

Would add more flavour to choosing the right bomb for the right situation.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#13 - 2013-10-30 16:43:45 UTC
DeDes wrote:
How about this?

2 Types.

One that does half damage but 2xexplosion velocity for small ships

Unlike most missiles, a bomb's damage is independent of the target's velocity. Only a target's sig radius matters.

If you halve the damage (up to 4k instead of 8k) and halve the explosion radius (200 instead of 400), nothing changes.

With a 40m sig radius, a regular bomb deals 8k * 40/400 == 800 damage from a single bomb.
With a 40m sig radius, the "halved" bomb deals 4k * 40/200 == 800 damage from a single bomb.

The problem is, anything that would deal more "damage" to a smaller target will simply be superior to use when the sig radius of your target is smaller than the bomb's explosion radius. You need a different "drawback" to distinguish it.

Potential examples:
  • Reduce the "optimal range" from 15 km's to 7.5 km's.
  • Increase the flight time, but decrease the flight speed (takes 15s to detonate at 30 km's away instead of 10s).
  • Alternatively, if this is a t2 bomb that requires a t2 bomb launcher, just decrease the "explosion radius" by an even 10% and you do more damage to small targets but the same damage to normal targets.

• Zan Shiro
    Alternative Enterprises
    #14 - 2013-10-30 22:01:58 UTC
    Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
    DeDes wrote:
    How about this?

2 Types.

One that does half damage but 2xexplosion velocity for small ships

Unlike most missiles, a bomb's damage is independent of the target's velocity. Only a target's sig radius matters.

If you halve the damage (up to 4k instead of 8k) and halve the explosion radius (200 instead of 400), nothing changes.

With a 40m sig radius, a regular bomb deals 8k * 40/400 == 800 damage from a single bomb.
    With a 40m sig radius, the "halved" bomb deals 4k * 40/200 == 800 damage from a single bomb.

The problem is, anything that would deal more "damage" to a smaller target will simply be superior to use when the sig radius of your target is smaller than the bomb's explosion radius. You need a different "drawback" to distinguish it.

Potential examples:
  • Reduce the "optimal range" from 15 km's to 7.5 km's.
  • Increase the flight time, but decrease the flight speed (takes 15s to detonate at 30 km's away instead of 10s).
  • Alternatively, if this is a t2 bomb that requires a t2 bomb launcher, just decrease the "explosion radius" by an even 10% and you do more damage to small targets but the same damage to normal targets.

• It could keep current specs to be honest and just replace his velocity with your radius. Not seeing it op then tbh. 10% radius is not game breaking with current bomb. those who spam the mwd when they see bomb released get hurt more but....they should know by now not to do that. If they haven't this will teach them faster lol. Seen many people assisted suicide because sig bloom of mwd is what killed them, they would have lived albeit banged up a bit with no mwd spam.

Also gives the capital kiler aspect as we can assume they will have the fattest sigs in the blast zone.

Bomb kind of needs to keep its range given its not a precise weapon. Flight time needs to be the same as when tidi acts up bombs time and distance numbers can get screwy. At least I have seen bombs get unpredictale quickly when the lag monster shows up.

but something would be nice in this area either way. the bene's of max bomb skill to get the t2 launcher jsut not awe inspiring really. Nice we get something but be nice to have more given its a level 5 train that is rather limited in use.
    Anthar Thebess
    #15 - 2013-10-31 09:13:33 UTC
    And call them anty capital torpedoes.
    You can fit 5 to your bomb launcher , and they are launched every 25s.
    brutman
    Roid Ravagers
    Unitary Enterprises
    #16 - 2013-11-04 06:52:35 UTC
    +1
    shakalis
    ElitistOps
    Goonswarm Federation
    #17 - 2013-11-05 07:26:32 UTC
    Bombs should be removed from game! Destroying entire fleets with bunch of **** pilots in a 50mil ships(+fit) seems kinda OP.
    Janna Windforce
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #18 - 2013-11-05 08:11:25 UTC
    shakalis wrote:
    Bombs should be removed from game! Destroying entire fleets with bunch of **** pilots in a 50mil ships(+fit) seems kinda OP.

Far from OP considering the cooperation you have to pull.
    Dr0000 Maulerant
    Union Nanide and Tooling
    #19 - 2013-11-05 09:40:46 UTC
    Stay uncloaked and out of warp for more than a second and someone will me more than happy to show you just how "OP" you are in a bomber.

Even bombs themselves are pretty killable, put an EMP smart bomb in one of those utility highs CCP was kind enough to give you.

Tell me again about how every playstyle you dont engage in "doesn't require any effort" and everyone who does it needs to die in a fire. Be sure to mention about how you tried it once but it was too easy/boring/ethnic-homophobic slur. 

Swiftstrike1
    Swiftstrike Incorporated
    #20 - 2013-11-05 10:49:50 UTC
    +1

Casual Incursion runner & Faction Warfare grunt, ex-Wormholer, ex-Nullbear.

12Next page