These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Stealth Patch (again)

First post
Author
Rose Hips
Zero Dot Zero
#1 - 2013-10-30 14:33:18 UTC
Another patch

No documentation (feeling like 2010)

No complaints?

Ah... that's why they wanted the new Launcher, so the players would not notice or become tired of these little patches.

Forum signature removed by Empress Jamyl as instructed by the Jove

Bow down before the one you serve; you're going to get what you deserve

Max Singularity is the way, the light, the Harbinger of Faith and true hope for New Eden!

Lazy Eagle
Capsuleer Outfitters
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2 - 2013-10-30 14:44:34 UTC
Posting in stealth, stealth patch thread....... well not so stealthy, i guess.
Rose Hips
Zero Dot Zero
#3 - 2013-10-30 14:45:22 UTC
I love the humor... but the answer is not acceptable.

CCP Falcon wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Care to reveal what was in that mystery patch?

Kittens Big smile

This is like CCP of 2010 during the non-documentation era to which they recovered but now seem to be going back to their bad habit. Come on CCP you made progress in communicating, DON'T GO BACKWARDS.

Max Singularity is the way, the light, the Harbinger of Faith and true hope for New Eden!

Treborr MintingtonJr
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-10-30 14:52:05 UTC
Rose Hips wrote:

CCP Falcon wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:

Kittens Big smile

This is like CCP of 2010 during the non-documentation era to which they recovered but now seem to be going back to their bad habit. Come on CCP you made progress in communicating, DON'T GO BACKWARDS.

Swear down if there are kittens in my captains quarters I'm never boarding my ship ever again!
CCP Falcon
#5 - 2013-10-30 14:56:34 UTC
Treborr MintingtonJr wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:

CCP Falcon wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:

Kittens Big smile

Swear down if there are kittens in my captains quarters I'm never boarding my ship ever again!

I know, right! Big smile

For those few people who were upset that there weren't actually any kittens included (we decided to keep them all in the office because they were so cute), I can offer another explanation.

When we put out tiny patches like this, they are of course documented internally, but if they're small back end fixes and optimizations that provide no change in gameplay then no patch notes are provided.

Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-10-30 14:57:24 UTC
Rose Hips wrote:
Another patch

No complaints?

Ah... that's why they wanted the new Launcher, so the players would not notice or become tired of these little patches.

I believe by clicking play you accept the EULA. Somewhere in the EULA it says CCP can modify their software when they want to, with or without notification.
Jove Death
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-10-30 14:59:04 UTC
I would have used a couple of tazmanian devils to sort the hamsters out.

Anyway if your still about falcon why when there is a patch like the past couple of weeks is it always the same size?. Is there somthing your specifically updating or is this the super sekret sauce? Big smile

Quoting "you will die" in EvE is fail Chars dont die in EvE. Unless you have a heart attack eek.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-10-30 15:01:13 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:
Another patch

No complaints?

I believe by clicking play you accept the EULA. Somewhere in the EULA it says CCP can modify their software when they want to, with or without notification.

you crazy? Shocked

READING EULA????

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Tikitina
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-10-30 15:02:09 UTC
Rose Hips wrote:
Another patch

No complaints?

No complaints here.
Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#10 - 2013-10-30 15:03:19 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Treborr MintingtonJr wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:

CCP Falcon wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:

Kittens Big smile

I know, right! Big smile

For those few people who were upset that there weren't actually any kittens included (we decided to keep them all in the office because they were so cute), I can offer another explanation.

When we put out tiny patches like this, they are of course documented internally, but if they're small back end fixes and optimizations that provide no change in gameplay then no patch notes are provided.

Smile

Falcon, maybe a silly suggestion, but in cases like this, a 'patch note' with a single line saying 'backend stuff improved' would help greatly, because even if it's a 'non patch' patch, where nothing gets changed that directly concerns players, having a note telling them nothing has changed for them would be very communicative ;)

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Rose Hips
Zero Dot Zero
#11 - 2013-10-30 15:04:54 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Smile

So dear sir, the answer is simply:

Patch #xxxx-xxx Small back end fixes and optimizations that provide no change in gameplay.

or

Patch #xxxx-xxx Updates for Dust514 back end fixes and optimizations.

Because that is better than nothing and for those of us that keeps tabs on the game, patches, and all then (AS CCP SAYS) we are vested partners in this process. Please don't defend a non-documentation "it's minor" policy!!!

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#12 - 2013-10-30 15:05:27 UTC
Heh.

Some of us know at least one of the reasons behind the patch. If you do a little research, you may find out.

That change isn't one which affects you directly. Just architecture work.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Tikitina
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-10-30 15:06:23 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
you crazy? Shocked

READING EULA????

Actually, scientific experiments have determined that All software EULAs basically say that you are responsible for everything that happens after you click the install button. All software companies guarantees essentially end at that point.

And no, I don't have links to such experiments or their findings. I found it on the internets.

CCP Stillman
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2013-10-30 15:14:25 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Heh.

Some of us know at least one of the reasons behind the patch. If you do a little research, you may find out.

That change isn't one which affects you directly. Just architecture work.

And I may add that there was other stuff in the patch, but none of it you guys will ever see, because they are all internal changes.

Mind you, we patch several times a week. Most of the time it's never noticeable unless a mistake is made. Most often it's just tiny fixes and internal tooling improvements. If we put out patch-notes for that every time, you could get weeks with 3 patch-notes that just say "Internal changes and improvements". Smile

Just a random dude in Team Security.

Winchester Steele
#15 - 2013-10-30 15:18:48 UTC
Rose Hips wrote:

CCP Falcon wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:

Kittens Big smile

Entitled much?

I'm amazed at how tolerant CCP devs are towards people like you. It's their game, their code, their hardware... They don't owe you jack **** for explanation. Hth.

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-10-30 15:19:27 UTC
Came expecting afk cloakers to be patched, left disappointed.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#17 - 2013-10-30 15:24:18 UTC
CCP Stillman wrote:
And I may add that there was other stuff in the patch, but none of it you guys will ever see, because they are all internal changes.

What? Are you saying that every single eve player is locked out from applying to CCP for a job?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#18 - 2013-10-30 15:25:02 UTC
Xearal wrote:
[Falcon, maybe a silly suggestion, but in cases like this, a 'patch note' with a single line saying 'backend stuff improved' would help greatly, because even if it's a 'non patch' patch, where nothing gets changed that directly concerns players, having a note telling them nothing has changed for them would be very communicative ;)

It's anything but a silly suggestion but it comes down to CCP doing some sort of communication and from where I sit it looks like we're back pre-incarna and communication being in the same sentence with CCP equals to an oxymoron.

Take for example this thread, a question about CCP promising 10 year old vets a station of their own:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=284509
CCP responses to that, zero.zero and it was not the first time there was a polite inquiry to this fanfest promise with no response.

Another example is a two year old thread in the Macintosh section which hasn't seen a dev response in over a year
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1533341#post1533341
And if one of the posters is right CCP isn't even spending any time at fixing this 2 year problem simply since there is no-one put on the Mac client.

And I can go on but why bother, no one cares at CCP at the moment. Sad
CCP Stillman
C C P
C C P Alliance
#19 - 2013-10-30 15:25:33 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
CCP Stillman wrote:

What? Are you saying that every single eve player is locked out from applying to CCP for a job?

Nope, if you join, then of course you'll get to see it.

We're hiring, by the way Blink

Just a random dude in Team Security.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#20 - 2013-10-30 15:26:40 UTC
Rose Hips wrote:
So dear sir, the answer is simply:

Patch #xxxx-xxx Small back end fixes and optimizations that provide no change in gameplay.

or

Patch #xxxx-xxx Updates for Dust514 back end fixes and optimizations.

Because that is better than nothing and for those of us that keeps tabs on the game, patches, and all then (AS CCP SAYS) we are vested partners in this process. Please don't defend a non-documentation "it's minor" policy!!!
No thanks.
I'll have my patch notes without pages and pages of "nothing changed" notes.
How about this.
If you see a patch, and it's not documented, you simply understand that it's nothing that required mentioning, and so nothing has changed.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

123Next pageLast page