These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Unscheduled Downtime Extension - 12:00 UTC - 30/10/2013

First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#21 - 2013-10-30 11:50:16 UTC
Milluardo Peacecraft wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Downtime today will be extended until 12:00 UTC while we resolved an issue that has occurred during start up.

Please feel free to discuss the downtime extension in this thread, as it will be used for any updates required.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

UPDATE - 11:38 UTC - We are currently preparing to reboot the Tranquility cluster.

Posted 11:39
Updated 11:38

Shocked

Falcon you are faster than light!

My Driveway Big smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Arc D'landrus
The Industrial Consortium
CAStabouts
#22 - 2013-10-30 11:50:17 UTC
My bulk data was full of rocks :(
Aro2220
The Old Bumblebee
DammFam
#23 - 2013-10-30 11:50:21 UTC
omg i can't believe the servers are not up and ccp is keeping us informed in a polite and professional manner.

this is outrageously refreshing
Zargo Den'Ka
The Congregation
OnlyFleets.
#24 - 2013-10-30 11:50:27 UTC
QUICK!!! Launcher broke, everyone cry for SP! Big smile

Currently going through courts to get access to my son. Greatfully accpting doantions to help me keep plexed. Much Love.

HypoConDreAct
Shits N Giggles
#25 - 2013-10-30 11:50:29 UTC
\o/ then i can go get myself killed so more Big smile
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-10-30 11:50:54 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
Wonder how many who reached 207 are gonna pull their hair out. Lol

You were the first?
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Henk Brombir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-10-30 11:51:03 UTC
I like pie
Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#28 - 2013-10-30 11:51:05 UTC
Always fit a prop mod, CCP.

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

BLACK CHIEF
ACME Corporation
#29 - 2013-10-30 11:51:12 UTC
About 10 more minutes......humpit dumpit dola dola......Shocked
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#30 - 2013-10-30 11:51:42 UTC
Maybe everyone logging into Provi for the New Order taking over broke the servers.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Melisandre Freewoman
What is Dead May Never Die
#31 - 2013-10-30 11:51:56 UTC
Luci Ambrye wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Downtime today will be extended until 12:00 UTC while we resolved an issue that has occurred during start up.

Please feel free to discuss the downtime extension in this thread, as it will be used for any updates required.

UPDATE - 11:38 UTC - We are currently preparing to reboot the Tranquility cluster.

all it would have taken to prevent a lot of the client base been at your throat, is for 1 member of CCP to try logging in before opening it to the world after having deployed a patch...........not exactly brain surgery is it?

Jesus, Drama Queen much? You're the only one bitching.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-10-30 11:51:58 UTC
... had time for a quickie and gained a new appreciation for DEV "humour" as the Time Dilation joke during login suddenly had me giggling like a crackhead...

... puts on ratty-old "street bum" costume, goes down to the street corner outside CCP HQ and shakes tin cup for free skill points....

Happy Hallowe'en. Bear

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

arria Auscent
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-10-30 11:52:02 UTC

NO It happened because of your patch, simple solution is to rollback, or at the very least test your patches
Sir Yohnny
ANZAC ALLIANCE
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2013-10-30 11:52:26 UTC
Luci Ambrye wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

all it would have taken to prevent a lot of the client base been at your throat, is for 1 member of CCP to try logging in before opening it to the world after having deployed a patch...........not exactly brain surgery is it?

You should apply for a job there.

*** CCP Patch Tester. Testing evey patch 1000 times before deployment to make sure it all starts fine :) ****
Leonithus Athonille
Confederation of Malefactors
#35 - 2013-10-30 11:52:38 UTC
Luci Ambrye wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Cry more plx.
Jonathan Barnet
Raytheon Heavy Industries
#36 - 2013-10-30 11:52:45 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Milluardo Peacecraft wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Posted 11:39
Updated 11:38

Shocked

Falcon you are faster than light!

My Driveway Big smile

CCP Falcon you make waaaaaay to much money if you are driving this... Big smile
Luci Ambrye
The Service Crew
#37 - 2013-10-30 11:53:18 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Maybe everyone logging into Provi for the New Order taking over broke the servers.

takeover? Roll

they will get romper-stomped.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#38 - 2013-10-30 11:53:24 UTC
BLACK CHIEF wrote:

10 more minutes? You know when CCP says 1200 they actually mean 15:35. They won't ever be able to find that last hamster corpse.
Kel hound
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-10-30 11:54:16 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
BLACK CHIEF wrote:

10 more minutes? You know when CCP says 1200 they actually mean 15:35. They won't ever be able to find that last hamster corpse.

HES NOTHING BUT KITTEN POOP NOW!

Q_Q
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-10-30 11:54:31 UTC
\o/ starting up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY