These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Request] Review of possible New Order EULA Breach

First post
Author
Zedrik Cayne
Standards and Practices
#101 - 2013-10-30 00:59:33 UTC
CCP told you to come here and air your grievance?

You so just got trolled by CCP.

Nothing Erotica 1 has ever done could be considered cyberbullying. My own personal history has more contact with it.

You are so egregiously wrong... There is even a FAQ for how wrong you are here.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2013-10-30 02:59:15 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
No one even reads the post do they.. they just skim the damn thing and then start reading the comments... ridiculous.

Oh and trust me the last thing i'd like is to have to deal with seeing that flag lit up every day knowing someone else is back on my thread without even thinking it through just to insult me. You may feel im wrong, but not everyone does, unfortunately Im the only one willing to stick my neck out for it. CCP isnt ********, they get 100's of support tickets about this kind of stuff a day, they didn't send me here to be trolled they sent me here to be a focal point for that frustration, but sadly I cant convince people to support me in open against people like the CFO of the CFC, EVEN YOU GIZZNIT, im dissapointed that someone who met me personally would think for a second I give a **** about attention from people in a video game.

Im going to keep this thread up , keep responding, and keep pushing the issue. Feel free to continue to troll my thread with the only basis that this is a game. Eventually people will stop hiding behind like button and secret personal in game chats and stick up to people who think that just because they play a game it gives them a right to act like the bottom of the barrel.

And oh btw GM Riven , you suck , told you it would be a **** storm. I told you I didn't trust the CSM , and I hope you can see why now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

Lady Areola Fappington
#103 - 2013-10-30 03:26:17 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

And oh btw GM Riven , you suck , told you it would be a **** storm. I told you I didn't trust the CSM , and I hope you can see why now.

GM Riven, thanks for helping to generate more content. You are an asset to CCP.

Sadly, I expect this reply to be deleted, coz insulting CCP employees is quite against ToS.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2013-10-30 03:40:24 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Sadly, I expect this reply to be deleted, coz insulting CCP employees is quite against ToS.

Quote the ToS on that one

I Submit any Content, which is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way.
*Harassing - subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation.
*Abusive - extremely offensive and insulting.
*Threatening - having a hostile or deliberately frightening quality or manner.
*Libelous - a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
*Defamatory - (of remarks, writing, etc.) damaging the good reputation of someone; slanderous or libelous.
*Criminal

II Submit any Content protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy, unless you own the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights;

III Submit any Content which contains a virus or other harmful components;

IV Engage in activity that interferes with or disrupts the use of the Web Site by other users;

V Submit any Content that encourages any illegal activities, or provides guidance or instructional activities about such illegal activities;

VI Make any false representation, including impersonation of any person or entity or misrepresentation of your affiliation with any person or entity;

VII Make use of Message Board for commercial purposes, such as advertising any products or services, reselling or publishing the information posted or transmitted.

Bao Xi
Krypteia Operations
#105 - 2013-10-30 03:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Bao Xi
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
No one even reads the post do they.. they just skim the damn thing and then start reading the comments... ridiculous.

Oh and trust me the last thing i'd like is to have to deal with seeing that flag lit up every day knowing someone else is back on my thread without even thinking it through just to insult me. You may feel im wrong, but not everyone does, unfortunately Im the only one willing to stick my neck out for it.

Your fringe-minority opinion just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't mean to sound cruel or anything, but nobody really cares what you think about this. It's not an issue people care about. Everybody who cared enough about this topic to reply to your post disagrees with you.

I think it would be best if you just hand over all of your ISK to me, biomass your characters, log off your computer, and take a nice long vacation.

Literally impersonating myself     http://i.imgur.com/WcpOt.gif    click click what deals click click

Lady Areola Fappington
#106 - 2013-10-30 04:14:29 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I Submit any Content, which is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way.
*Libelous - a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
*Defamatory - (of remarks, writing, etc.) damaging the good reputation of someone; slanderous or libelous.
*Criminal

II Submit any Content protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy, unless you own the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights;

IV Engage in activity that interferes with or disrupts the use of the Web Site by other users;

V Submit any Content that encourages any illegal activities, or provides guidance or instructional activities about such illegal activities;

VI Make any false representation, including impersonation of any person or entity or misrepresentation of your affiliation with any person or entity;

VII Make use of Message Board for commercial purposes, such as advertising any products or services, reselling or publishing the information posted or transmitted.

Tos Quote.

You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or authorized representative of CCP, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: filing support tickets with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails or support tickets; obstructing CCP Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a CCP Employee; or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.

Sauce

You cyberbully.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2013-10-30 04:16:32 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

*Criminal

Tos Quote.

You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or authorized representative of CCP, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: filing support tickets with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails or support tickets; obstructing CCP Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a CCP Employee; or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.

Sauce

You cyberbully.

As per 1000's of other peoples exact quotes "Eve forums isn't Eve Online, and has its own rules"

P.S. if thats abuse and harassment, pretty sure the singing on the voice chat is worse, so is therefore harassment.

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#108 - 2013-10-30 04:21:45 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
As per 1000's of other peoples exact quotes "Eve forums isn't Eve Online, and has its own rules"

That they do!

30. Abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers is prohibited.

Ugh

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2013-10-30 04:25:14 UTC
mynnna wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

That they do!

30. Abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers is prohibited.

Ugh

Unless CCP is using a special dictionary I dont know about, the above still holds true.

Lady Areola Fappington
#110 - 2013-10-30 04:25:50 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

The ToS and EULA cover all assets of CCP, including the forums. Consult a GM via support ticket if you're confused.

And yes, insulting a GM on the forum would be classed as cyberbullying/workplace bullying. It's difficult to just up and quit a job, so it falls squarely in "involuntary participation in hostile environment".

I hope one day you'll be a better person, and quit bullying people just trying to do their jobs.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#111 - 2013-10-30 04:28:20 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
they didn't send me here to be trolled

i don't think they sent you here to be trolled, i think they sent you here to be educated

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2013-10-30 04:33:28 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

i don't think they sent you here to be trolled, i think they sent you here to be educated

Oh I was educated all right...

Tos Quote.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#113 - 2013-10-30 04:34:15 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Oh I was educated all right...

Tos Quote.

well you're being educated

i wouldn't say you've quite gotten it yet

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Lady Areola Fappington
#114 - 2013-10-30 05:11:55 UTC
Weaselior wrote:

Sometimes, those who need education are those most unwilling to accept it.

I'm thankful that this is just an elaborate ploy though, as opposed to someone who actually believes all this. I'm curious as to what direction it's going to go though.

I mean, honestly, OP admits to AFK mining in public, gets attention of New Order. Claims New Order is "cyberbullying". Whips out EVERY trope known to draw fire on EVE (gamur grrl, sexual innuendo, oblivious understanding of EVE, rockheaded carebearism). I'm honestly expecting a long-winded "quit" post, followed by a blog article detailing how CCP supports bullying/harassment/self-esteem murder, using all this as evidence.

My curiosity is, exactly what social activism OP is going for in the end, or if it's just an elaborate "I Troll U"?

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2013-10-30 05:15:46 UTC
Weaselior wrote:

Sometimes, those who need education are those most unwilling to accept it.

I'm thankful that this is just an elaborate ploy though, as opposed to someone who actually believes all this. I'm curious as to what direction it's going to go though.

I mean, honestly, OP admits to AFK mining in public, gets attention of New Order. Claims New Order is "cyberbullying". Whips out EVERY trope known to draw fire on EVE (gamur grrl, sexual innuendo, oblivious understanding of EVE, rockheaded carebearism). I'm honestly expecting a long-winded "quit" post, followed by a blog article detailing how CCP supports bullying/harassment/self-esteem murder, using all this as evidence.

My curiosity is, exactly what social activism OP is going for in the end, or if it's just an elaborate "I Troll U"?

I've never AFK mined ... I might go take a pee break once in a while, but no I dont afk mine. If your referring to treadmill mining, im actively playing the game while treadmilling.

Zedrik Cayne
Standards and Practices
#116 - 2013-10-30 14:27:42 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Oh and trust me the last thing i'd like is to have to deal with seeing that flag lit up every day knowing someone else is back on my thread without even thinking it through just to insult me. You may feel im wrong, but not everyone does, unfortunately Im the only one willing to stick my neck out for it. CCP isnt ********, they get 100's of support tickets about this kind of stuff a day, they didn't send me here to be trolled they sent me here to be a focal point for that frustration, but sadly I cant convince people to support me in open against people like the CFO of the CFC, EVEN YOU GIZZNIT, im dissapointed that someone who met me personally would think for a second I give a **** about attention from people in a video game.

Im going to keep this thread up , keep responding, and keep pushing the issue. Feel free to continue to troll my thread with the only basis that this is a game. Eventually people will stop hiding behind like button and secret personal in game chats and stick up to people who think that just because they play a game it gives them a right to act like the bottom of the barrel.

I resent the implication that I did not read, and listen to, your original post.

The reason people aren't supporting you, is not because they are afraid of the CFC and something awful will happen to them, or because they are afraid of other reprisals by other groups or individuals. The reason is because you are just plain wrong. You aren't a focal point for the 'issue', if you are trying to be and this is the best focal point that can be mustered the planning committee for your cause needs to have a few more meetings. Maybe hire a consultant.

The activities certainly aren't nice, in fact they are downright cruel. But nobody is being forced to participate. Up and until CCP says 'Hey, guys..this isn't cool anymore. We now have rules in place to stop you from behaving badly. Accept the change to the rules or walk.' There is nothing wrong with it in so far as the terms of the game.

You are implying that the behavior is 'bottom of the barrel'. Does anyone go hungry because they lost their space possessions? Is anyone being denied basic human rights because their behavior has been spotlight? There are many forms of behavior that are reprehensible, that steal people's lives. None of which can happen in eve unless the victims are operating a RMT operation, and all those assets that were given away expecting to be doubled or tripled just happen to be their next paycheck.

Is that why you are so upset? Is this putting a crimp in your RMT bot empire or something through an alt?

Or are you trying to apply some sort of extra moral behavior on the activities of pilots in EvE. Just because we play a game, that has no rules against a behavior that we enjoy, means that we will indulge in that behavior. Not everyone will, but getting your bowels in a knot because someone does engage in it is about as useful as pissing on a nuclear reactor to cool it down.

You want to 'push the issue' be my guest. CCP pushed you here so you could air your grievance. Don't think they don't know what kind of reaction you would get. Hence my 'you got trolled by CCP' comment.

So, which is it? Are you just some errant knight tilting at windmills? Are you an RMT boss who lost a paycheck and are pissed? Are you the all-in-one troll? Or god forbid, do you actually believe the fountain of words you spew here and are riding a moral high horse?

Actually curious about how you see your role and your reasons for being in that role.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2013-10-30 14:30:34 UTC
Zedrik Cayne wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I resent the implication that I did not read, and listen to, your original post.

The reason people aren't supporting you, is not because they are afraid of the CFC and something awful will happen to them, or because they are afraid of other reprisals by other groups or individuals. The reason is because you are just plain wrong. You aren't a focal point for the 'issue', if you are trying to be and this is the best focal point that can be mustered the planning committee for your cause needs to have a few more meetings. Maybe hire a consultant.

The activities certainly aren't nice, in fact they are downright cruel. But nobody is being forced to participate. Up and until CCP says 'Hey, guys..this isn't cool anymore. We now have rules in place to stop you from behaving badly. Accept the change to the rules or walk.' There is nothing wrong with it in so far as the terms of the game.

You are implying that the behavior is 'bottom of the barrel'. Does anyone go hungry because they lost their space possessions? Is anyone being denied basic human rights because their behavior has been spotlight? There are many forms of behavior that are reprehensible, that steal people's lives. None of which can happen in eve unless the victims are operating a RMT operation, and all those assets that were given away expecting to be doubled or tripled just happen to be their next paycheck.

Is that why you are so upset? Is this putting a crimp in your RMT bot empire or something through an alt?

Or are you trying to apply some sort of extra moral behavior on the activities of pilots in EvE. Just because we play a game, that has no rules against a behavior that we enjoy, means that we will indulge in that behavior. Not everyone will, but getting your bowels in a knot because someone does engage in it is about as useful as pissing on a nuclear reactor to cool it down.

You want to 'push the issue' be my guest. CCP pushed you here so you could air your grievance. Don't think they don't know what kind of reaction you would get. Hence my 'you got trolled by CCP' comment.

So, which is it? Are you just some errant knight tilting at windmills? Are you an RMT boss who lost a paycheck and are pissed? Are you the all-in-one troll? Or god forbid, do you actually believe the fountain of words you spew here and are riding a moral high horse?

Actually curious about how you see your role and your reasons for being in that role.

Yep, proposal dropped.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#118 - 2013-10-30 17:39:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
ShahFluffers wrote:
Nah. It's stuff like this that makes EVE fun

I'm pretty sure there is a recording of me somewhere singing "I like big Butts and I cannot lie..." after a particularly embarrassing incident. Oops

Fun is for weak. Don't you remember? EVE is not about fun.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#119 - 2013-10-30 18:13:13 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Lots of people have read the OP. You've gotten lots of intelligent responses. You have responded with "nu-uh" numerous times and one time hilariously insulted the CFO of the alliance you were in.

Quote:

But then there is this:

Quote:

Im not going to , probably .. I dunno yet .. I was really excited after talking to the people at EVE Vegas but none of them are responding now that the boobs arent in their faces -.- so back to being a small tiny miner in a vast empty wasteland of death

So we're all pretty sure you want the attention.

Quote:

The only storm here has been raised by you and your emotional, profanity, and exclamation point filled responses. Frankly considering your complete lack of understanding about Eve, I think the responses you've gotten have been quite measured. You've gone to the GM's. They said, "no." You've gone to the CSM, and at least the ones who responded here said "No." Considering your OP did not actually have a suggested EULA change in it, I think the CSM responding at all was fairly generous.

I hope you can find a way to enjoy Eve, despite the cruel harsh universe it exists in. I for one, am delighted that CCP seems to be taking a stand against the carebearization of that universe. Eve is hard. May it ever be so.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2013-10-30 18:37:15 UTC
From my carebear point of view

No, Erotica/James315/whoever at Miner bumping study the line very carefully so they know exactly how close to it they can get.

Songs, poetry, whatever, is it ill-tempered teasing/bullying? According to some peoples definitions, probably.

Question is did it cross a line where CCP has to step in? For that answer you do NOT try it in the court of public opinion. I don't care what you were told at Eve Vegas. If you think it is a real issue file the ticket. This is not the place where you will get satisfaction, merely attention in the form of taunting.

Hate to say it but half the time I see people angry at miner bumping I figure it is more of their shills trying to drum up support for last years news. That is the biggest skill set they show is that of having a Greek Chorus (look it up you illiterate swine) to add the air of legitemency to what they are doing.

My basic advice is take it up with the CCP, soundcloud, and stop feeding the primates here in the monkey house of forums.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)