These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Change Field Command Ship models to Tier II Battlecruiser models.

Author
Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#1 - 2011-11-14 17:38:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Saul Dhampir
I'm sure this will have come up before (had a quick look but did not see it, probably on the old forum). I also know CCP have said they would not do this, in the past. But with the upcoming expansion and the introduction of Tier III Battlecruisers, I want to throw this out there again. If enough people want it, it may be considered.

Fleet Command Ships would stay as they are:

Amarr: Damnation - Prophecy hull
Minmater: Claymore - Cyclone hull
Gallente: Eos - Brutix hull
Caldari: Vulture - Ferox hull

Field Command Ships would move to Tier II models:

Amarr: Absolution - Harbinger hull
Minmater: Sleipnir - Hurricane hull
Gallente: Astarte - Myrmidon hull
Caldari: Nighthawk - Drake hull

I would love to see Nighthawks as black with the red Kaalakiota diagonals on it. Or a gold and red harbi.

Of course the problem will be in the blueprints people are using to make them. But I am sure some sort of fair way of sorting that could be found. Perhaps offering a one time only swap of the Tier I blueprint to the equivalent Tier II?
thoth rothschild
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-11-14 18:09:49 UTC
Do not touch my Sleipnir!
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-11-14 18:13:28 UTC
When did this become assembly hall?
Kayla Wallows
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2011-11-14 18:37:15 UTC
I can agree with this idea, I would be more inclined to buying and flying a sleipnir as a hurricane hull, while the Claymore remained in the Cyclone Hull.

I fully endorse and agree with this suggestion.
Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#5 - 2011-11-14 18:43:51 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
When did this become assembly hall?

Point.

I'm sure some helpful individual will move it across.
Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#6 - 2011-11-14 18:55:20 UTC
Better still, re-posted in the right place.
Dorn Val
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2011-11-15 08:07:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Dorn Val
Don't touch my Absolution!

Edit: Why would the Command ships need to be changed just because there is a new tier 3 BC? By your reasoning the command ships should get the Tier 3 hulls....

Sandbox: An enclosed area filled with sand for children engaged in open-ended, unstructured, imaginative play. Also a place for cats to urinate and defecate...

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#8 - 2011-11-15 10:46:50 UTC
Saul Dhampir wrote:
I'm sure this will have come up before (had a quick look but did not see it, probably on the old forum). I also know CCP have said they would not do this, in the past. But with the upcoming expansion and the introduction of Tier III Battlecruisers, I want to throw this out there again. If enough people want it, it may be considered.

I would love to see Nighthawks as black with the red Kaalakiota diagonals on it. Or a gold and red harbi.

Of course the problem will be in the blueprints people are using to make them. But I am sure some sort of fair way of sorting that could be found. Perhaps offering a one time only swap of the Tier I blueprint to the equivalent Tier II?

I think you have the Gallente ones the wrong way round. The Eos should be based on the Myrmidon and the Astarte on the Brutix.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

schurem
Anarchy Inc.
#9 - 2011-11-16 11:21:58 UTC
Saul Dhampir wrote:

frak yea!!!!

.... You can't take the skies from me.

Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#10 - 2011-11-17 01:18:49 UTC
Dorn Val wrote:
Don't touch my Absolution!

Edit: Why would the Command ships need to be changed just because there is a new tier 3 BC? By your reasoning the command ships should get the Tier 3 hulls....

No. Ever since the Tier II hulls appeared, I have wanted the Field Command Ships, to adopt those hulls. I just thought since more Battlecruiser hulls were on the way it might be a good time to pop this idea back out there.

Malcanis wrote:

I think you have the Gallente ones the wrong way round. The Eos should be based on the Myrmidon and the Astarte on the Brutix.

Not really, the Astarte is the Field Command Ship. The Eos is the Fleet Command one.

Also:

As I posted this is the wrong section, if you would like to see this please vote on the correct thread.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2011-11-17 07:28:48 UTC
Saul Dhampir wrote:

Malcanis wrote:

Not really, the Astarte is the Field Command Ship. The Eos is the Fleet Command one.

The Eos is a tanky drone boat, the Astarte is a ganky blasterboat.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#12 - 2011-11-17 18:40:11 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

The Eos is a tanky drone boat, the Astarte is a ganky blasterboat.

Ok, I can see where you are coming from, however I don't think it has any relevance. Nowhere is it written that T2 ships must conform to the style of there T1 variants. For example:

The Prophecy is a laser gunship, however the Damnation is a missile boat.

The Ferox is a rail gunship but and the Nighthawk is a missile boat.

This change would have nothing to do with stats. It would be purely aesthetics.
Cyrus Doul
kotitekoinen sissijuusto
#13 - 2011-11-18 03:21:15 UTC
No, Bad. One we don't need more drakes in the game and two: no taking my racing stripes. god forbid my widow loses the uniqueness of the one thing that makes that salvage transport time saver useful.
Botleten
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-11-18 08:07:05 UTC
Hahahahahahahahaha...

No.
Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#15 - 2011-11-20 20:18:45 UTC
Hare are some mock ups of what I talking about

Astarte

Absolution

Nighthawk

Sliepnir

Please use this thread to discuss.
Khalia Nestune
Mad Stacks
#16 - 2011-11-20 21:12:49 UTC
I approve of this idea.

http://www.mylootyourtears.com

Saul Dhampir
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#17 - 2011-11-20 23:39:41 UTC
Thank you for your support Khalia, but please can you support in the thread I linked, as this thread is actually in the wrong section.

Cheers.