These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Why not allow cap ships like carriers and dreads in Empire space?

Author
Renfus
MASS A DEATH
Northern Coalition.
#1 - 2011-11-18 00:09:06 UTC
Disable all aoe weapons in empire...
I think it would bring alot more to empire wars and make navigating them thought the reigons much easier.
I may be missing something but I don't see what it would hurt..

((( Alliance Creation ))) Corp Update Service available ( 10,600 Member limit ). ++ Free with Alliance Creation ++ Contact me In-Game.

Sigras
Conglomo
#2 - 2011-11-18 01:07:43 UTC
carriers + assault ships + level 4 missions = win
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-11-18 01:14:03 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
Please keep it civil
-Guard
Zirse
Risktech Analytics
#4 - 2011-11-18 01:49:44 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Hey!

No!

Are you mentally handicapped?

Just curious!

Consider biomassing yourself!

Have a nice day!

Nezumiiro Noneko
Alternative Enterprises
#5 - 2011-11-18 02:05:28 UTC
caps are in empire. You see them on sale in the sell forum once in a while. Got the isk...you too can have a carrier in empire.
Xandralkus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-18 10:11:03 UTC
Yes, let's turn the insanely, horrendously overpowered drone ships (carriers and supercarriers) loose in empire space too. You know...the ones with MILLIONS of EHP? And THOUSANDS of DPS?

This is empire space. Battleships, battlecruisers, and capital ships are not the norm. Fleets of hundreds of ships (or other capitals) cannot be fielded to effectively counter even a small enemy capital fleet.

However, in the spirit of diminishing returns, I'd like to see an Eve where there is no massive gap between battleship and dread DPS and tank. Or dreads and carriers. Or carriers and supercarriers. Or supercarriers and titans. THEN it makes sense to allow them in empire space.

What would it take to put capital ships in empire space? Reduce fighter speed, DPS, and tank to approximately that of T1 frigates (they can already spawn what amounts to an instant frigate fleet at the press of a button), and reduce SC EHP to ~750,000 EHP. Turn dreads into competent gun platforms against capital ships outside of siege mode, with the capacity to enter siege mode to engage POS's.

Eve UI wouldn't suck if CCP allowed UI addons.

Jace Errata
The Vendunari
End of Life
#7 - 2011-11-18 10:48:48 UTC
It's amazing how many people don't realise that caps used to be allowed in highsec, but were then banned, presumably for a good reason (I'm not sure precisely what, but it's probably in a dev blog somewhere).

tweeten

One day they woke me up so I could live forever

It's such a shame the same will never happen to you

Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#8 - 2011-11-18 12:25:42 UTC
Because it's a terminally stupid idea, and some of us don't want to be playing capitals online.
Miss CEO
Universal Excavation Services
#9 - 2011-11-18 13:22:04 UTC
As far as I know caps were never supposed to be in High-sec, though there were few built in high-sec due to a bug / oversight in station factory feature.

As for the OP: You can use your capital ships in empire space all you want. you simply can not jump them into High-sec. Low-sec space is empire too.
De'Veldrin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2011-11-18 13:46:07 UTC
Miss CEO wrote:
As far as I know caps were never supposed to be in High-sec, though there were few built in high-sec due to a bug / oversight in station factory feature.

As for the OP: You can use your capital ships in empire space all you want. you simply can not jump them into High-sec. Low-sec space is empire too.

Actually capitals used to be allowed in highsec - you could light a cyno and jump them right in.
Then CCP realized that was a bad idea for a variety of reasons.

So they booted them all out, and took the mod slots off of freighters so they couldn't slip back in packaged up.

At the OP: No.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Garnoo
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2011-11-18 13:49:58 UTC
i have strange feeling hisec pubbies wants better afk-isk-printing ship as tengus isnt enough for them...
and its cool to have a capital (but its impossible when you if you dont have balls to live in low/null)

People are going to try to ruin your day. Get together with others, ruin their day back -  EvE

Draconus Lofwyr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-11-18 18:39:06 UTC
capitals were allowed in high sec before supers were released.

They were removed because at the time, they could out tank concord and station guns.

I would not see an issue with caps and supers in highsec with the understanding that they could not use their weapons.
titans could not use the DD or the main guns, carriers could not use triage or deploy fighters and super carriers could not deploy fighters and dreads could not siege or use their guns. and the rorqual could not use its industrial core. All missions would have to change to be accessible by accel gates to keep capitals out.

I don't see it happening due to the logistics needed to make it balanced. Now cov ops cyno's and black ops jumps in high sec does need to be allowed.
Roger Soros
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#13 - 2011-11-18 22:41:53 UTC
Few ideas about how a cap can move into high sec
- supers still not allowed into high sec
- you cannot drive them and stay into an npc corp
- If you get concorded you never receive the insurance payout
- you still unable to use gate
- you still unable to light up cyno
- they move around with an npc owned jump bridges network; this network give access based on standing so if you don't have +10 you can't enter a 1.0 system, and you need at last +5 to use an npc bridge, also you need to pay a fee for each jump lets say 100M to a max distance jump.
- triage,siege and industrial modules, if used into a system >= 0.5 not only consume the normsl fuel but also they need an autorization that work in the same way of the certificates used for hig sec pos.
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-11-18 23:43:04 UTC
Roger Soros wrote:
- they move around with an npc owned jump bridges network; this network give access based on standing so if you don't have +10 you can't enter a 1.0 system, and you need at last +5 to use an npc bridge, also you need to pay a fee for each jump lets say 100M to a max distance jump.
- triage,siege and industrial modules, if used into a system >= 0.5 not only consume the normsl fuel but also they need an autorization that work in the same way of the certificates used for hig sec pos.

No?
Korg Tronix
Mole Station Nursery
#15 - 2011-11-18 23:48:22 UTC
Zirse wrote:
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Hey!

No!

Are you mentally handicapped?

Just curious!

Consider biomassing yourself!

Have a nice day!

Evil: If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One! [zaps one of his minions accidentally, minion screams]

Alexa Coates
Coalition Of Misfits
#16 - 2011-11-19 06:53:02 UTC
I personally don't see a problem with it. On sisi, you can fly caps in high. If you shoot someone, concord instapops you no matter what you're in. The only caps that should be allowed are dreads, as they are severely crippled without their drones. Carriers can stay in null, they'll just kill errthang.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Esunisen
Les Tueurs de Killer
#17 - 2011-11-19 10:05:26 UTC
100 caps at Jita 4-4, yeah, sure, go ahead... Roll

Can we haz Arkonor in 1.0 systems too ? Please ?

Arrow[EXIT]
Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#18 - 2011-11-19 10:31:04 UTC
Quote:
I personally don't see a problem with it

Then you're really not looking hard enough.

Quote:
On sisi, you can fly caps in high. If you shoot someone, concord instapops you no matter what you're in.

If you think CONCORD is the only potential problem of allowing capitals in highsec, then you're a tool.
Roger Soros
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-11-19 13:57:03 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Roger Soros wrote:

No?

why no?

I don't see the problem about carriers, dreads and rorqual entering high sec. with my ideas
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2011-11-19 16:08:48 UTC
Roger Soros wrote:

why no?

I don't see the problem about carriers, dreads and rorqual entering high sec. with my ideas

Because it would make high sec warfare utterly terrible? (more so than it already is).

You want high end ships? Stop being scared and leave high sec.
12Next page