These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Freelance Translators

First post
Author
Rei Kuroki
Electric Sheep Machinery
Caladrius Alliance
#41 - 2013-07-17 08:34:32 UTC
Dang it, if only I was 18...

16 year old Japanese native speaker going through :P

Summer break now so if I have the chance to work with it I'd have time of about 2-3h or more per day.
Well just in case ;)
Calvorotas Onzo
HPOnly
#42 - 2013-07-18 17:23:10 UTC
no way Evil
Juvenius Drakonius
#43 - 2013-07-19 02:06:53 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Juvenius Drakonius wrote:
CCP Shiny a open a Sticky forum post by language could be a great way of helping in the translation of EVE to spanish there is a very active comunity of PPL that i'm sure can help out with terms that are not that clear on the best way to translate.

Let me tell what happened when I was fan-translating a (large) game mod... There were those 5 fan-translators... who were given roughly similar text files... and ended up quarreling about who had made the best translation of certain words which were very common and appeared in every file.

Multiply that by n translators, add a forum, mix in some LatAm crackpots, drop a pinch of Spanish regionalists and you will get a bloody mess and no translation. Lol

BTW: pulse laser = láser de impulsos (not to be mistaken with a pulsating laser or láser de pulsos, láser estroboscópico); beam laser = láser continuo. Those devices already exist and also there is a translation to their names.

It all depends how you manage your social collective workflow, Facebook translated it site to all spoken languages with less than 5 ppl on the job, just with social collective help. Hispanic community is not that big in EVE we all know each other or are just 1 degree away from someone, CCP knows what there doing and most Spanish speakers are looking FW to this, the right pieces are there. Detaills on specific translations is not the main step ATM is getting a work flow going that delivers results.

At the end Betas will come out to test out. Again CCP good call on this.

There is no shame in saying you don't know something, and there is no glory in keeping knolege to yourself.

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#44 - 2013-07-19 16:35:52 UTC
Right, at this moment everyone who sent an application should have received a reply in one form or another! If you have not received a response, please re-send your mail.

I also want to re-state the below:

CCP Shiny wrote:

- No, it doesn't mean we are doing EVE France, Spain or Italy. It means we have DUST France, Spain and Italy already and that we don't discount the possibility of doing EVE France, Spain or Italy one day. In fact, it doesn't indicate any change in strategy for our localized clients for any language. We have always had freelancers for some languages to work on some of the content, some content is outsourced to big translation houses and some work is done internally.

However, I am certainly interested in all discussions regarding community localization and the periphery topics so I am reading the discussion in here with interest :)

CCP Shiny \ Producer NES Localization Services \ @ccp_shiny

Kenna LeRoye
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2013-08-01 13:45:55 UTC
CCP Shiny wrote:
Right, at this moment everyone who sent an application should have received a reply in one form or another! ...

I have sent my CV and a short application letter almost two weeks ago now, with no answer so far. Could you please take care of it? Or, if you do not need any more translators, it would still be nice to get some kind of reply informing me so.
Za'afiel
Imperceptible Bedevilment
#46 - 2013-08-04 12:40:15 UTC
CCP Shiny wrote:
Za'afiel wrote:
I do translations, I was electrified by the news, but...

Polish here,

potentially in the future, in the future? :)

Unfortunately not right now, but yes maybe in the future.

I'll be here if you need me.

Shoot them all! Be polite.

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#47 - 2013-08-06 13:24:16 UTC
Kenna LeRoye wrote:
CCP Shiny wrote:
Right, at this moment everyone who sent an application should have received a reply in one form or another! ...

I have sent my CV and a short application letter almost two weeks ago now, with no answer so far. Could you please take care of it? Or, if you do not need any more translators, it would still be nice to get some kind of reply informing me so.

If you sent it before my post where I said everyone should have received a reply, please re-send it. If it was after that, then you will get a reply - everyone will.

Aella en Tilavine
Cortigiana
#48 - 2013-08-13 18:44:29 UTC
Just sent an email, I can be a Russian translator :)
Seraph Castillon
Matsumoto Laboratories
#49 - 2013-08-15 08:38:29 UTC
Great, because we need this game to be opened up to 12 year old kids who don't speak English.
CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#50 - 2013-08-22 13:56:47 UTC
Hi all,

I must admit I got a lot more responses than expected, which makes the entire process longer than I had anticipated. However, I will certainly get back to everyone and I hope to make it before the end of the month.

I realize this is frustrating for those that went through the effort of sending an application and I apologize for that.

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#51 - 2013-09-17 13:44:20 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Shiny
Hi,

We are not accepting new translations for French and Russian at this point but are moving to the next stage there.

Thank you for your applications so far!

CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#52 - 2013-09-17 15:18:01 UTC
The OP has been updated with new information.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#53 - 2013-09-19 12:50:36 UTC
If you have submitted the first part of the test for French, you should have received the second part today. If you did not, please send an e-mail.

Torrema Sinclair
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#54 - 2013-09-22 18:18:48 UTC
What about Danish???

WE NEED MOOOARR CANON FODDER!
Silmas Feanarius
Ego One
#55 - 2013-10-29 11:34:05 UTC
Is this closed already? I read you were taking applications until Sept 20th, but the topic is still open and sticky, so I thought I'd chime in.

Italian EVE (not DUST) player here! I'd love to help, so let me know if you are still searching.

Need more well-formatted linking.

Swearing in Sardinian.

Omega Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2013-11-11 22:37:53 UTC
I know how to use google translator, very good skills. I communicated with my rus rus comrades many times, saving my ship from pirates many times Roll
Previous page123