These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

97 Account Multiboxing. Better Believe It.

First post First post
Author
Lifelongnoob
State War Academy
Caldari State
#221 - 2013-10-26 21:31:47 UTC
Shpenat wrote:
destiny2 wrote:
97 accounts all mining ice clearing an ice belt in 20 mins, he could prolly make somewhere in the ball park of 10 bill just mining in a 5 hour span.

altho im sure for a computer set up he prolly has a horse shoe style set up of about maybe 6-8 comps with 3 screens each

Lets do some math here. I will assume your numbers are correct. I will add one more assumption that he has 2 systems to mine in.

Clearing an ice anomaly: 20 minutes.
Clearing ice anomalies in 2 systems: 45 minutes (5 minutes taken for changing system)

The anomalies takes 4 hours to respawn. Unless he has much longer playtime he cant mine more than once a day in each system.

Amount of ISKs gained per day: 0.75*10/5 = 1.5 bil/day

To support his fleet he needs to spend more than 60 billions a month on PLEXes. At the rate of 1.5 bil/day it takes 40 days i.e longer than a month.

Conclusion:
This guy needs to mine more than 2 complete anomalies a day just to support his entire fleet.
The conclusion was drawn assuming the initial data are correct (I am no miner I have no idea about how much can be gained from a single ice anomaly)

you are also forgetting that he can make isk from PI with those 97 accounts

97x 6 = 582 planets

now if he makes pos fuel cubes from the ice that is alot of isk
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#222 - 2013-10-26 23:32:00 UTC
Lifelongnoob wrote:
Shpenat wrote:
destiny2 wrote:
97 accounts all mining ice clearing an ice belt in 20 mins, he could prolly make somewhere in the ball park of 10 bill just mining in a 5 hour span.

altho im sure for a computer set up he prolly has a horse shoe style set up of about maybe 6-8 comps with 3 screens each

Lets do some math here. I will assume your numbers are correct. I will add one more assumption that he has 2 systems to mine in.

Clearing an ice anomaly: 20 minutes.
Clearing ice anomalies in 2 systems: 45 minutes (5 minutes taken for changing system)

The anomalies takes 4 hours to respawn. Unless he has much longer playtime he cant mine more than once a day in each system.

Amount of ISKs gained per day: 0.75*10/5 = 1.5 bil/day

To support his fleet he needs to spend more than 60 billions a month on PLEXes. At the rate of 1.5 bil/day it takes 40 days i.e longer than a month.

Conclusion:
This guy needs to mine more than 2 complete anomalies a day just to support his entire fleet.
The conclusion was drawn assuming the initial data are correct (I am no miner I have no idea about how much can be gained from a single ice anomaly)

97x 6 = 582 planets

You've done it wrong.

its 97 x 3 (characters per account) x 6 (planets planets per character) = 1746 Planets

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Osama4Pres 911
Doomheim
#223 - 2013-10-27 04:13:05 UTC
Atlantis Fuanan wrote:
If EVE reaches a specific level of boredom, a multiboxer will be born somewhere in the universe...

hah.... this is very true.
Musashi Date
#224 - 2013-10-27 08:45:24 UTC
Quote:

97x 6 = 582 planets

Say you update a planet in 5 minutes.

6 planets per char = 30minutes total per char
2 character = 1 hour
24 hours = 48 chars
97 chars = 2days 30minutes.. just for updating things, for 5 minutes each.

Oh we have to pickup or drop raw materials too huh? That's neat..

Its safe to say that managing around ~20 planets can burn you out, that you'll think really hard about training PI ever again.
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#225 - 2013-10-27 08:56:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Himnos Altar
Musashi Date wrote:
Quote:

97x 6 = 582 planets

Say you update a planet in 5 minutes.

6 planets per char = 30minutes total per char
2 character = 1 hour
24 hours = 48 chars
97 chars = 2days 30minutes.. just for updating things, for 5 minutes each.

Oh we have to pickup or drop raw materials too huh? That's neat..

Its safe to say that managing around ~20 planets can burn you out, that you'll think really hard about training PI ever again.

Dude that number is WAY Too high.

I can cycle my PI in 15 minutes if I'm not distracted/harassed/hunting. CCU, IC both at V

That said, it would be totally pointless to have PI on ALL of them. Of course, it would be a good idea to have it on some.
cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#226 - 2013-10-27 09:22:49 UTC
Hinata' Hyuga wrote:
Cleans ice belts in 20 min.
When they aren't repositioning they orbit a Vulture.

The cry of the clear icicle can be heard 2 systems away

http://i.imgur.com/2h6D2Wr.png?1

No idea why you would ever do something like this but the sheer level of technical expertise needed to pull this off is impressive.
Imagine having to type your password 97 times?

YEAH RIGHT!!! *Cough* eula violations *cough* macro user * cough*

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

WilliamMays
Stuffs Inc.
#227 - 2013-10-27 09:46:38 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:
Hinata' Hyuga wrote:

No idea why you would ever do something like this but the sheer level of technical expertise needed to pull this off is impressive.

as a fan of irony, I'll just leave this here insidious mining fleet

now this is clearly not an identical situation, but you are definitely living in a glass house while throwing rocks

The dscan, while not rock solid proof, shows that you likely have several multiboxers in your own back yard. This leads to the question of how many is to many in your opinion
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#228 - 2013-10-27 11:06:01 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
I have a feeling eventually the Rule-Hammer is going to come down on this BS sometime within the next year.

More likely that CCP will simply change ice mechanics to make mass isoboxing less practical/efficient/fun.

isn't that more or less what getting rid of static belts was supposed to do?

This is an emergent game and players prove times and again how their developers are vastly dumber than them Pirate
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#229 - 2013-10-27 11:10:19 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
A wild flock?, Swarm?, Herd?, Plague?

Plague.

A wild plague of miners appears.

Weren't you to interdict ice?

You are the only ones big enough to do this community service Twisted
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#230 - 2013-10-27 11:11:28 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:

He might be plexing every single account and playing for free.

HE might play for free but the accounts are paid as he consumes at least 97 PLEX each month.

Now you know who to blame for those > 600M PLEXes.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#231 - 2013-10-27 11:12:49 UTC
WilliamMays wrote:
cyndrogen wrote:
Hinata' Hyuga wrote:

now this is clearly not an identical situation, but you are definitely living in a glass house while throwing rocks

The dscan, while not rock solid proof, shows that you likely have several multiboxers in your own back yard. This leads to the question of how many is to many in your opinion

You don't need multiboxing software to run 9 macks.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#232 - 2013-10-27 11:21:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Lara Dantreb wrote:
From my only point of view it's just nonsense : I don't catch the fun of having to deploy so much hardware/software just to earn isks ? IMO it's not relaxing, it's mental illness such like obsessional disease to multibox 97 accounts.

To summarize : I don't care : I played EVE 9 years with more or less no boredom, I doubt this guy will ever hurt anyone : he is too busy for isks...

I would not be surprised if one day the guy would get perma banned for ultra-massive RMT. He's doing all the prerequisites in a most professional way.

I would not be surprised if CCP would reward him with unique ships and set his in game status as "fansite" as well, that'd be so consequent to what they are doing with SOMER Lol
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#233 - 2013-10-27 11:27:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Himnos Altar
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lara Dantreb wrote:
From my only point of view it's just nonsense : I don't catch the fun of having to deploy so much hardware/software just to earn isks ? IMO it's not relaxing, it's mental illness such like obsessional disease to multibox 97 accounts.

To summarize : I don't care : I played EVE 9 years with more or less no boredom, I doubt this guy will ever hurt anyone : he is too busy for isks...

I would not be surprised if one day the guy would get perma banned for ultra-massive RMT. He's doing all the prerequisites in a most professional way.

I would not be surprised if CCP would reward him with unique ships and set his in game status as "fansite" as well, that'd be so consequent to what they are doing with SOMER Lol

Why does uber-multi client setup automatically guarantee RMT? Why can't he like making obscene amounts of ISK through obscene amounts of clients for no other reason than to Scrooge McDuck it all?

If I had a setup that could handle it I'd do the same damn thing. It would take me a while to get up to 100 clients, but still.

Something else I noticed is that he's playing this pretty smart. if he has 97 accounts for multiboxing, he only ever has half of them on the field at once. So even if he gets ganked and for some reason had 0 ISK in any of the accounts for some ******* reason, he'd still half the other half of his fleet to make money for replacements.

o.0

How can a Character in EVE become a fansite? A fansite is, by very definition, a WEBsite. Not an EVE Avatar.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#234 - 2013-10-27 11:37:23 UTC
Musashi Date wrote:

I manage 118, every day, with no issue.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#235 - 2013-10-27 11:41:56 UTC
WilliamMays wrote:

This is proof that null sec is so overly dangerous we need to nerf ... uh... everything in hi sec!

Said that, multi boxers are the heirs of botters.

Now that botting has been squashed pretty hard, the best way to RMT is to do it in a CCP sanctioned way!
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#236 - 2013-10-27 11:48:04 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:

Why does uber-multi client setup automatically guarantee RMT? Why can't he like making obscene amounts of ISK through obscene amounts of clients for no other reason than to Scrooge McDuck it all?

He's one of who knows how many that play like that. He's not new or unique.

Since Darius Johnson campaigns against botting have been so succesful, those who want to stay in the RMT business have to resort to these other ways.

Whether he's an actual RMTer or not is irrelevant, he's part of a number of people who "outsmarted" CCP's ways to forbid automation and a good portion of that number of people (possibly mostly in null sec backyards) are doing the "oldest job in men's history". Which in EvE, is not prostituting but RMTing.

Himnos Altar wrote:

How can a Character in EVE become a fansite? A fansite is, by very definition, a WEBsite. Not an EVE Avatar.

Don't worry, CCP changed and bent their EULA and sometimes just "forgot" about it, in order to favor this or that.
Those high "worth" individuals will find a sweet spot in the rules if that will be needed to keep them paying. I'd not be surprised to see "fansite" being changed into something like "community building / servicing corps". Names don't count, the $ubstance doe$.
Hinata' Hyuga
WillPower and Courage Corporation
#237 - 2013-10-27 22:31:07 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:

Something else I noticed is that he's playing this pretty smart. if he has 97 accounts for multiboxing, he only ever has half of them on the field at once. So even if he gets ganked and for some reason had 0 ISK in any of the accounts for some ******* reason, he'd still half the other half of his fleet to make money for replacements.

This comment made me curious. Sure enough, The Wis' spirit cannot be broken.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#238 - 2013-10-28 00:14:49 UTC
Hinata' Hyuga wrote:
Himnos Altar wrote:

This comment made me curious. Sure enough, The Wis' spirit cannot be broken.

Not bad. Just a few mackinaws more to replace.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#239 - 2013-10-29 10:08:45 UTC
Brain Gehirn wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li5B80Sw_Wc < Soturno's POV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlhlwuf4qjs < My POV

<3

I am a hiseccer carebear & miner, and I want to thank you for the service delivered to this community against that despicable multiboxer. Cool

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#240 - 2013-10-29 10:11:17 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Brain Gehirn wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li5B80Sw_Wc < Soturno's POV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlhlwuf4qjs < My POV

<3

I am a hiseccer carebear & miner, and I want to thank you for the service delivered to this community against that despicable multiboxer. Cool

#alreadyreplaced

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE