These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Blood Raiders Shipyard 10/10

Author
Midnight Firestarter
Anger Management
#1 - 2013-10-28 18:59:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Midnight Firestarter
Just found one of these in our tatting base and wanted to ask for some advice.

We have cleared rooms 1 & 2 but decided to leave room 3 for now.

As there are only 3 off use , is there any point trying. We can fly any sub capital ship
And would be interested in over tanking (as it's our first time).

Any advice or setup appreciated,
l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#2 - 2013-10-28 19:18:06 UTC
As far as I know Machariel, Basi & Basi works.

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#3 - 2013-10-28 19:33:40 UTC
should be possible but depends greatly on the ships and skills you have available. What have you used so far?

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Midnight Firestarter
Anger Management
#4 - 2013-10-28 20:20:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Midnight Firestarter
Tried a Rattle with a Jump Drive full passive setup with relays ... I wanted to take a look as we normally fly
Rattle + 3 x Shield Transfer Tengus.

Jumped to 100km and watched the shield disappear so I decided to leave .. It was late and was not my brightest
Move tbh.

I did think of a Rattle and 2 x Basil's or a Abbadon and Guardians but didn't know how the repper would fair
If they got aggro from the rats.

I was also thinking of 3 passive Domi's, one acting as main aggro and the other 2 putting one rep on the tank and one on each other. Also doing the same for a large energy transfer.

Would prefer a slow but safe .

Thanks
Cyrus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-10-28 22:44:43 UTC
Navy scorpion has always been my goto ship for getting into things I wasn't to sure of. Not the best damage but certainly has the tank as well as the slots for jump drive and you can give up the ballistics for massive cap recharge if you feel the need.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#6 - 2013-10-29 14:33:46 UTC
rattle is not the best choice because it has a large sig and doesn't have natively high resists on em/therm. That torpedo will hurt.

typically the best tanks would be a t3/HAC/HIC with high EM resist. Armor loki with at least one 1600 plate (pref more) or a passive shield broadsword are pretty ideal. The plus of an armor loki is you have a can get some DPS out from your tank ship.

WIth like 93% resistances or better your tank should survive without much issue, and can tank the torp even if webbed to 0 due to sig. By the time your DPS/Support come in the hope is that any aggro switches will have DPS split enough that they can survive. The important thing is to make sure that if the torp switches aggro to one of your support ships, that that ship isn't webbed down heavily. Your tank can be full passive, but your support ships will need to stay capped up, so the real test is can you warp in your support and kill stuff without the supports dying. The tank should have no trouble not dying.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Midnight Firestarter
Anger Management
#7 - 2013-10-29 15:08:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Midnight Firestarter
Thanks

Do the torp and guns stay on intial target, the ships change ?

How about a Damnation (full passive, 2 x 1600, Command Links) and 2 x remote reppring Doms ( 3 x Regards, 3 x Solace)

or (dont laugh)

3 x passive Broadswords to clean up the Rats and then swap two of them to some heavier hitters ?
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#8 - 2013-10-29 15:31:39 UTC
That sounds good. One interesting thing you can do with a damnation is to run dual cap boosters and cycle them only before your hardeners need to cycle, allowing you to get even higher resistance (plus hardeners can be overloaded for a long time). I would suggest being above 90% em resistance minimum with the links off. This might be hard to get without active hardeners as the damnation's t2 resistances aren't aligned here.

With the not-so-new AI mechanics I would be ready to take some battleship and tackler aggro when the domis warp in, but these are good ships for both tanking and clearing out the DPS/neuting/tacklers/web-towers. However I can't say for sure what the AI of the overseer structure will do. Its old code had some funky target swapping when its primary target got outside of its 50km web range. I can't say for sure what it will do (sorry), but my feeling is it will stay on the damnation if the damnation doesn't leave web range. Its enough of a threat that I would prioritize killing stuff that's webbing down the domis.

Never forget.

pc dude
Swift Redemption
DARKNESS.
#9 - 2013-10-29 20:41:42 UTC
contact me for how to run them if you want to know
Midnight Firestarter
Anger Management
#10 - 2013-10-31 15:05:57 UTC
Eve mail sent :)