These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP - Why are Somer still in operation?

First post
Author
Ghost Phius
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2013-10-28 19:28:04 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
but they haven't addressed the RMT issues.

Addressing those issues would require them to come clean about their long standing connections to the various EVE RMT sellers that have been operating FOR YEARS, which has provided CCP with additional revenue streams.

Let's face it, they are not going to address this because it would mean cutting off their RMT business partners.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#82 - 2013-10-28 19:34:40 UTC
Ghost Phius wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
but they haven't addressed the RMT issues.

Addressing those issues would require them to come clean about their long standing connections to the various EVE RMT sellers that have been operating FOR YEARS, which has provided CCP with additional revenue streams.

Let's face it, they are not going to address this because it would mean cutting off their RMT business partners.
Then in that case, they can expect thread after thread of this for the next ever. And questions at fanfest.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#83 - 2013-10-28 19:36:40 UTC
Oh lawdy some numbers about Somer
adarma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-10-28 19:44:12 UTC
Leigh Akiga wrote:

This is pretty shocking! Shocked
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#85 - 2013-10-28 19:59:11 UTC
Leigh Akiga wrote:

Now Im jealous

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Seven Koskanaiken
Guerillas in the Mist
Outlanders United
#86 - 2013-10-28 20:00:12 UTC
Everyone knows why. The question is what is anybody going to do about it.
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#87 - 2013-10-28 20:06:40 UTC
Close Somer, now.

The Tears Must Flow

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#88 - 2013-10-28 20:08:09 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Close Somer, now.

Give them Guardian Vexors and Gold Magnates

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Prince Kobol
#89 - 2013-10-28 20:12:10 UTC
Now all we need is for the major alliances to setup there own referral scheme to earn some major money Big smile
Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2013-10-28 20:14:17 UTC
wow. at this point, the only fair solution is to ban somer. no warnings, no cease and desist... just straight up banhammer for massive RMT
David Kir
Dead Game Who Cares
#91 - 2013-10-28 20:18:03 UTC  |  Edited by: David Kir
Nathalie LaPorte wrote:

Non sequitur. And completely offtopic to the thread, for the double victory. Do you also think that the prohibition of offtopic posting on private forums such as these is an affront to your free speech?

Just to reiterate, you're talking about your free speech rights as an evasion tactic, because you find it hard to deal with the fact that the OP is correct in every particular, and because you are distraught that quoting a dev post which actually proves you wrong, combined with constant insults towards goons, was not an effective means of making a reasonable argument.

Quote:
EDITx2: do you happen to be a poetry reader?

So it would appear.

Errr... no.
I'm talking about my free speech righs because I am drunk and I am willing to do so.
It isn't a non sequitur, it's an answer pertinent to your last post.
Those mangled verses, those were a non sequitur.
Your statement of Shelley's anti-alcohol stance is equally off-topic, yet this doesn't undermine its validity.

Besides, this is OP's answer to my last on-topic post:

"At this point in time, I'm not at the stage where I'd consider unsubbing, though I am reducing my number of accounts. Other have totally unsubbed though, and in honesty, it wouldn't take too much more of a push to get me gone. CCP have to compete with other games coming out the same as any other company. The more customers they lose, the easier it is for us remaining here to make the decision to quit.
But at the end of the day, CCP shouldn't be letting it get to the stage where all we want is communication and they are pushing people to quit with their refusal to even acknowledge our concerns.

As for the evac, who knows, if ever. I'll go with the always popular Soon™."

He clearly acknowledges CCP's rights to act as they please, so it seems that I am correct in at least ONE particular.

Telling him to unsub isn't childish at all, it's a good advice.
People unsubbed after Inncarna, things got better.

Yes, rules aren't equally applied: so what?
As said, CCP does as CCP wants.

And no, I'm not angry because I ****** up by quoting a dev post, that was idiotic and i have no trouble admitting it.
And since when is goon bashing supposed to be taken seriously?

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#92 - 2013-10-28 20:22:39 UTC
Largely because Somer doesn't really check any of the boxes for why RMT is bad, so the incentive to go after them is low, even without taking into account any of the income they might generate for CCP…
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#93 - 2013-10-28 21:09:16 UTC
Quote:
21. Posting regarding RMT (Real Money Trading) is prohibited.

Posts discussing, linking to, or advertising RMT, including but not limited to the sale of in game items, assets, currency, characters or game accounts for real life money are strictly prohibited.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department