These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hey CCP - Transparency v.3

First post
Author
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#1 - 2013-10-28 20:12:38 UTC
You know, sometimes, invoking these words, do not do justice, lol.

In less than a year, we see ToS changes that create a quite a stir.

Ever expansion of the NeX store. Not to mention the hires that will, one day, point in "that one direction."

Lack of adequate expansion to the game...just rebalance and eye-candy. Oh, yea, and mini-games Roll.

Free IshScorps for company "favorites."

And now those company "favorites" can also completely breach the hard stance of "anti-RMT" that you have embraced for years...

So where does that leave us? Can we all just run willy-nilly and do as we please?

Do the EULA, TOS, and other crap that you feed us (false promises of transparency)...do they count for nothing?

Or are we playing a game where only those who lick up the fecal matter off of CCP's metaphorical cracks, can do as they like?

Any "real" answers this time?

Or can we expect "radio silence" from CCP's Fortress of Hypocrisy in Iceland?

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#2 - 2013-10-28 20:18:00 UTC
CCP is in a pretty tight situation right now as they oversaw the SOMER Issue for literally years and recently gave them a blank check and various other gratifications, so I dont really expect any answer soon. But I like to troll so Im going to keep posting ♥.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#3 - 2013-10-28 20:18:54 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
CCP is in a pretty tight situation right now as they oversaw the SOMER Issue for literally years and recently gave them a blank check and various other gratifications, so I dont really expect any answer soon. But I like to troll so Im going to keep posting ♥.


I hear ya, lmao. I like to troll too. Twisted

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Anslo
Scope Works
#4 - 2013-10-28 20:20:15 UTC
inb4 the lock

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Fractal Muse
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-10-28 20:20:27 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
CCP is in a pretty tight situation right now as they oversaw the SOMER Issue for literally years and recently gave them a blank check and various other gratifications, so I dont really expect any answer soon. But I like to troll so Im going to keep posting ♥.


I hear ya, lmao. I like to troll too. Twisted

As an aside, isn't this something the CSM should be looking into and reporting back to us about as well?
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#6 - 2013-10-28 20:23:34 UTC
Fractal Muse wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
CCP is in a pretty tight situation right now as they oversaw the SOMER Issue for literally years and recently gave them a blank check and various other gratifications, so I dont really expect any answer soon. But I like to troll so Im going to keep posting ♥.


I hear ya, lmao. I like to troll too. Twisted

As an aside, isn't this something the CSM should be looking into and reporting back to us about as well?


Yes it is. I think this past year has been a stellar example of the CCP and CSM pre-Incarna. But meh, what can you do. Start threads in GD. Big smileTwistedRoll

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-10-28 20:25:48 UTC
In less than a year, we see ToS changes that create a quite a stir.

Actually, there was no change to the ToS.... they just clarified something they felt they hadn't worded properly, and expounded on it a little more.

Ever expansion of the NeX store. Not to mention the hires that will, one day, point in "that one direction."

NeX hasn't changed a bit since 2011. No new items. No more AUR. It's pretty well dead.

Lack of adequate expansion to the game...just rebalance and eye-candy. Oh, yea, and mini-games Roll.

So, new ships, new faction ships, and a massive re-balancing effort is just "eye candy" and minigames, eh? How about the fact that most of the ships in the game got buffed in some way or another? What about the Ancillary reppers? Streamlined skills? Damn, dude... read a Devblog.

Free IshScorps for company "favorites."

We're still on about this?

And now those company "favorites" can also completely breach the hard stance of "anti-RMT" that you have embraced for years...

No, actually, they really can't. I read that Mittani blog, too. I still think there's more to the story.

Can we all just run willy-nilly and do as we please?
Do the EULA, TOS, and other crap that you feed us (false promises of transparency)...do they count for nothing?
Or are we playing a game where only those who lick up the fecal matter off of CCP's metaphorical cracks, can do as they like?


The answers to these questions are all "No".

Any "real" answers this time?

Posting the same thread, 50 times a day isn't helping, so far. What makes you think yours will change this?

Or can we expect "radio silence" from CCP's Fortress of Hypocrisy in Iceland?

I'd be laying low, too, if I were them. They're either trying to come up with the best way to word things so people like you don't just rage harder at a "stiff apology", or they're just as tired of hearing this crap as half the playerbase.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#8 - 2013-10-28 20:26:32 UTC
Grrrrrrrr [insert entity name here]!






Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-10-28 20:32:35 UTC
i'm gonna laugh so hard when CCP failscades Twisted
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#10 - 2013-10-28 20:33:21 UTC  |  Edited by: KnowUsByTheDead
Jarod Garamonde wrote:


I'd be laying low, too, if I were them. They're either trying to come up with the best way to word things so people like you don't just rage harder at a "stiff apology", or they're just as tired of hearing this crap as half the playerbase.


Oh, Jarod, there is no need to get all "forum warrior." I called this crap months ago, due to the first half of the year's failures at concise transparency, hence the "Transparency v.3" title, lmao. I think you mistake "whining" with "smug."

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-10-28 20:35:11 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:


I'd be laying low, too, if I were them. They're either trying to come up with the best way to word things so people like you don't just rage harder at a "stiff apology", or they're just as tired of hearing this crap as half the playerbase.


Oh, Jarod, there is no need to get all "forum ****." I called this crap months ago, due to the first half of the year's failures at concise transparency, hence the "Transparency v.3" title, lmao. I think you mistake "whining" with "smug."


I think you mistake "Actual arguing" with "Devil's advocate".

I have real opinion on any of these things, as long as I can still kill stuff.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Black Dranzer
#12 - 2013-10-28 20:35:17 UTC
Less than 24 hours and I'm already back into forum drama. God bless you, CCP.

Okay, here's the thing: Right now? There are people within CCP who are probably feeling really, really uncomfortable. The truth of the matter is probably that when they went and endorsed this crap, they didn't think much of it. They probably looked at the whole "here is gambling in Eve" thing and just went, okay, that's cool. Because it is cool, honestly. And the weird little RMT loophole? Well, it's just a little thing, and it's probably technically okay because it's only a small amount of money and they do other things too and well hmm hah hmm hah let's just ship the story.

Oh! The community are screaming that we've basically just publicly endorsed an RMT loophole.

Well, ****.

Keep in mind they're right on the edge of an expansion release. This is like the worst ******* time for something like this. Their best people are preoccupied with other things. They know that pretty much anything they say will be taken, cut open, bled out, and dragged across the forums by a band of raging lunatics with pitchforks. Don't even pretend you guys wouldn't jump on any and all public statements from CCP at this point.

The thing is, what are they supposed to do?

If they do nothing, there's going to be hell to pay. If they ban any forward-moving "offering of services in exchange for GTC referrals", there are going to be people pissed about all the stuff that happened before the ban. And revoking assets retroactively isn't even a real option, because people might not have known it was a violation. Probably because, in CCP's eyes, it wasn't.

Here's what's realistically going to happen. Things are going to be quiet until the rubicon release. Then, while people are in the middle of enjoying their new interceptors and mobile depots, they're going to release a statement saying that this behavior in-game rewarding of rewarding GTC referrals is no longer legal. This will have been worked out with the appropriate parties ahead of time.

They're going to do this because they can't really do much else.

If you wanted an actual statement from CCP?

"We didn't think it was that big of a deal, but we'll fix it, please don't eat us alive."
Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-10-28 20:39:46 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
Less than 24 hours and I'm already back into forum drama. God bless you, CCP.

Okay, here's the thing: Right now? There are people within CCP who are probably feeling really, really uncomfortable. The truth of the matter is probably that when they went and endorsed this crap, they didn't think much of it. They probably looked at the whole "here is gambling in Eve" thing and just went, okay, that's cool. Because it is cool, honestly. And the weird little RMT loophole? Well, it's just a little thing, and it's probably technically okay because it's only a small amount of money and they do other things too and well hmm hah hmm hah let's just ship the story.

Oh! The community are screaming that we've basically just publicly endorsed an RMT loophole.

Well, ****.

Keep in mind they're right on the edge of an expansion release. This is like the worst ******* time for something like this. Their best people are preoccupied with other things. They know that pretty much anything they say will be taken, cut open, bled out, and dragged across the forums by a band of raging lunatics with pitchforks. Don't even pretend you guys wouldn't jump on any and all public statements from CCP at this point.

The thing is, what are they supposed to do?

If they do nothing, there's going to be hell to pay. If they ban any forward-moving "offering of services in exchange for GTC referrals", there are going to be people pissed about all the stuff that happened before the ban. And revoking assets retroactively isn't even a real option, because people might not have known it was a violation. Probably because, in CCP's eyes, it wasn't.

Here's what's realistically going to happen. Things are going to be quiet until the rubicon release. Then, while people are in the middle of enjoying their new interceptors and mobile depots, they're going to release a statement saying that this behavior in-game rewarding of rewarding GTC referrals is no longer legal. This will have been worked out with the appropriate parties ahead of time.

They're going to do this because they can't really do much else.

If you wanted an actual statement from CCP?

"We didn't think it was that big of a deal, but we'll fix it, please don't eat us alive."

that will be empty words from them unless Somer is banned

they've banned people for RMTing much smaller amounts

what's good for the goose is good for the gander
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#14 - 2013-10-28 20:41:09 UTC
Food for thought: Frank Zappa once titled an album "Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar."
Black Dranzer
#15 - 2013-10-28 20:43:12 UTC
Ace Boogi wrote:
that will be empty words from them unless Somer is banned

they've banned people for RMTing much smaller amounts

what's good for the goose is good for the gander

I don't know the whole background of this, but it's entirely possible that Somer asked CCP, whereupon somebody at CCP shrugged and said "sure, I don't see the harm".

I think people are drastically overestimating how much thought CCP put into all this.
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#16 - 2013-10-28 20:43:20 UTC  |  Edited by: KnowUsByTheDead
Ace Boogi wrote:

that will be empty words from them unless Somer is banned

they've banned people for RMTing much smaller amounts

what's good for the goose is good for the gander


I agree, either that, or I should be given the right to grind isk and sell it for cash. One or the other.

The sheer volume of crap in the past year is ridiculous, but I guess that happens when you try to draw talent from a company that was voted the worst in the U.S. Roll

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

PotatoOverdose
Royal Black Watch Highlanders
#17 - 2013-10-28 20:44:56 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
Black Dranzer wrote:
*snip*

"We didn't think it was that big of a deal, but we'll fix it, please don't eat us alive."

Well, if these posts from us raging lunatics with pitchforks cause CCP to crack down on this RMT loophole that blink has been exploiting to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, I say: good, the posts should continue.

Even if the crack down happens after rubicon; better late than never.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#18 - 2013-10-28 20:46:53 UTC
I would say tread very carefully. Don't risk a ban.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#19 - 2013-10-28 20:50:42 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
*snip*

"We didn't think it was that big of a deal, but we'll fix it, please don't eat us alive."

Well, if these posts from us raging lunatics with pitchforks cause CCP to crack down on this RMT loophole that blink has been exploiting to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, I say: good, the posts should continue.

Even if the crack down happens after rubicon; better late than never.


Although this kind of communication is very frustrating from a customers point of view and generally not good for business. Imagine if rolls royce would have just said nothing during their plane engine affair for a whole month.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#20 - 2013-10-28 21:05:37 UTC
Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

21. Posting regarding RMT (Real Money Trading) is prohibited.

Posts discussing, linking to, or advertising RMT, including but not limited to the sale of in game items, assets, currency, characters or game accounts for real life money are strictly prohibited.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department