These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Accused of cheating...

Author
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-10-27 21:17:27 UTC
I found an AFK Thanatos when I was flying around in a Retribution so I began to work on him because soloing a carrier in an assault frigate is something I'd do.... he came back about 4 hours into it and kicked my ass Pirate

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-10-27 21:33:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Erotica 1 wrote:

Next you should try ganking miners. You have already filled up at least one spot of the bingo card: http://www.minerbumping.com/p/bingo.html

Y U NO LOOK AT MY KB???

It's been a while since I've taken a good one, because I started to find it boring... an ALMOST 1bil Hulk and pod, it's in there, but I have done it.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#23 - 2013-10-27 21:35:17 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

Next you should try ganking miners. You have already filled up at least one spot of the bingo card: http://www.minerbumping.com/p/bingo.html

Y U NO LOOK AT MY KB???

On my phone. Sorry!

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-10-27 21:45:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Solstice Project wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

[quote]I left the system laughing, telling him where I'd be if he ever wants to try again. Thing is, it got me thinking... I wonder how much this happens to more experienced PVP'ers than myself.

I have realised that this is the wrong thing to do. This will gradually turn you into what they are.
When you laugh about them, you are raising yourself above them ...
... and if there is a need to raise yourself ...
... then it's because you are at a lower position.

Instead, accept with pride that there are people who have sad lives and are desperate for accomplishments.

Laughing about them will only lower you to their level.
It's like consuming what they are,
which will turn you into them.

I wonder how you would have reacted, if it had been you who fought me.

I was real-life laughing, to myself, not laughing in game. It was somewhat unavoidable, due to the silliness of it, not at the player. It was less ridicule, more genuine amusement. The time I spent well and truly inside his optimal in an untanked Maulus was justification enough for that laughter. I don't check player ages or killboard stats before I engage them in such a fight, I just fight, which to me makes it more thrilling. I had only a general idea how the Incursus may be fit, although I wasn't expecting it to have NO PROP MOD. I overestimated my opponent in this case, which added to the amusement factor quite substantially.

And Erotica, there are a tonne of Retrievers, and a few choice Macks and Hulks on my Battleclinic record for your perusal, in particular one Hulk on P2 that you might enjoy... the pod was my favourite, personally.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#25 - 2013-10-27 22:22:26 UTC
For me the funniest one was actually a loss. I forgot my sec status was too low for highsec and had a PvE fit golem that got caught by the local police in a .5 system. Lost the golem, and about a week later I saw the kill on a killboard somewhere and the only person on it was some random guy in a noob ship... he was bragging about the kill. It was hilarious all around.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-10-27 23:26:03 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Turned out, the guy decided to invite me to duel with an active-tanked Incursus with no prop mod, and when he discovered that he would never be able to get me in blaster range, told me I was cheating, I was a coward, I had no balls, and I'm not a fair player.

Behold, the DOUCHE-BAGGERY mentality that the "Duel" system has brought to our glorious game from that (ahem) other "mmo".

Sadly, many blobs behave the same way and are thus all too common.

Hold your head high, good sir. You took the field with honest intent to do fair battle and were rewarded with the shameful dregs of the PVP world.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#27 - 2013-10-28 00:14:04 UTC
I keep getting accused of cheating whenever discussion turns to my solo kill of a sensibly tech 2 fit Slepnir (dual ASB) and the 5pc (no Omega) crystal set pod inside it. I was in a Vexor.

I didn't cheat, or even do anything particularly amazing. The idiot in question had gone AFK on the lowsec side of a low-high gate and had been AFK more than 15 minutes.

If he had to urgently AFK, he could have docked in that system (Decon), or jumped through the gate into Balle (highsec) where I wouldn't have been able to kill him. Instead he selected the gate and hit 'Orbit at 5000m'.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-10-28 08:28:43 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

Or don't gank miners and not be a lemming.
Linna Baresi
#29 - 2013-10-28 09:17:51 UTC
Heh. I'm skill-less and frankly clueless when it comes to EVE pvp... but I recognize the attitude the OP describes all too well.

A game has buffs that are easily available to both sides? You're a cheat if you use them, especially if the other side doesn't know the buffs exist.
Know how the mechanics work (like e.g. wooden ship sailing in POTBS)? You're a cheat if you use that knowledge to take out ships WAY larger and (supposedly) stronger and more expensive than yours.
Have superior gear because you are (or know) a good crafter? Or because you camped the immensely rare and dangerous spawn of uber lootziness for a year? You're obviously a cheat and a hackz0r.
You manage to win because you use oddball templates in stead of the FOTM everyone expects? CHEEEEAAAAT! Everyone KNOWS you're not supposed to be able to do that...

It's always a source for amusement.

Member of since 2003 fated.europefreeforum.com

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2013-10-28 10:35:25 UTC
Linna Baresi wrote:
Heh. I'm skill-less and frankly clueless when it comes to EVE pvp... but I recognize the attitude the OP describes all too well.

A game has buffs that are easily available to both sides? You're a cheat if you use them, especially if the other side doesn't know the buffs exist.
Know how the mechanics work (like e.g. wooden ship sailing in POTBS)? You're a cheat if you use that knowledge to take out ships WAY larger and (supposedly) stronger and more expensive than yours.
Have superior gear because you are (or know) a good crafter? Or because you camped the immensely rare and dangerous spawn of uber lootziness for a year? You're obviously a cheat and a hackz0r.
You manage to win because you use oddball templates in stead of the FOTM everyone expects? CHEEEEAAAAT! Everyone KNOWS you're not supposed to be able to do that...

It's always a source for amusement.

Reminds me of the not-so-much-anymore reallife friend i have who whined
about NOOBS and CHEATERS when he was racing people in GTA ONLINE,
because they kept bumping his ship.

I really rather have no friends, than friends like him ...
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-10-28 11:08:53 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I found an AFK Thanatos when I was flying around in a Retribution so I began to work on him because soloing a carrier in an assault frigate is something I'd do.... he came back about 4 hours into it and kicked my ass Pirate

^^ the funniest story in this thread Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-10-28 11:30:23 UTC
I lost my Battle Itty V to a Battle Procurer. No regrets.

Dodixie > Hek

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#33 - 2013-10-28 12:24:39 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
So, something happened that got me thinking... I just got invited to a duel by an Incursus pilot, I was flying a Maulus. Since I'm looking for PVP'ers for my corp, and want to see what people are made of who are willing to PVP, I accepted blindly, win or lose, and went for it. It's arty fit, with duel damps, so I started with a pair of Hob IIs in a 15km orbit with warp disruptor and full micro going, got him into armour with drones (beyond falloff for arty) and discovered he had an active tank, so I decided to stay at range with both damps going with range damping scripts, making him unable to target me (he could still target my drones though)...

And was in the middle of thinking about how I was going to beat an active tanked Incursus with my piddly 64dps and only 1313ehp when he docked up.

And accused me of cheating.

Meanwhile, I'm warping off to the insta that I have 200km off the station, on-grid, due to having a limited engagement and not being able to dock and wondering why someone that is tanking the combined damage of 2 combat drones withdraws from the fight.

Turned out, the guy decided to invite me to duel with an active-tanked Incursus with no prop mod, and when he discovered that he would never be able to get me in blaster range, told me I was cheating, I was a coward, I had no balls, and I'm not a fair player.

I was so incredibly amused, I warped to my insta dock right on the undock of the station and invited him to fight me at zero, which he did, and scrammed me so my MWD was out and took me to half armour. I will admit here that for a brief moment, watching him strip my shields and armour so quickly, I was a little nervous and felt a bit foolish for giving him any rope at all. Meanwhile, though, I had an opportunity to test overloading my arty on him at close range and discovered that his active tank couldn't handle it very well. Eventually, my still faster 577 m/s without MWD took me out off scram range and it was back to damping while I tried to keep him inside falloff to do as much damage as possible, and he docked again, spewing the same routine he had above....

I left the system laughing, telling him where I'd be if he ever wants to try again. Thing is, it got me thinking... I wonder how much this happens to more experienced PVP'ers than myself.

What's the most amusing 'PVP' experience you've ever had where your enemy has been... let's be generous and say 'less than sporting'?

Every man is a king in his own mind and the King can do no wrong.

That was told to be by an instructor I had in school some 17 years ago ( that course was about dealing with conflict). Some people just can't deal wth the fact that THEY did something stupid, and as a defense of their mortally wounded ego they look for any and every excuse.

It's a pitiful thing to behold.

I was once in a fleet when the FC did something monumentally stupid and the end result was most of the fleet dying within 5 minutes. The WHOLE time us survivors were running for our space-lives he was going on and on about spies, crappy game mechanics, lag, people not following orders, EVERYTHING except his bone headed decision to call for a bubble on the gate we were sitting on...with his fleet IN the bubble and no scout on the other side of the gate to say "gee, there are like 100 goons on this gate"......

I wasn't in that corp/alliance very long lol.
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#34 - 2013-10-28 14:06:40 UTC  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
got one hilarious talk in local once, where a guy accused me of cheating / hacking because "it is impossible that i killed him", and "there was no way that i tank him"

here is how it went:

was camping a WH with a few mates in lowsec, in my stiletto with faction disupt and a crazy 50 dps

i'm orbiting the hole when my corpmate inside call for a stealth on dscan (he's scouting inside the w-space), and the bomber go through, cloack and warpout

2nd mate who's with me decided to change ship and is next door system to do so, leaving me alone orbiting the WH

split second later, bomber decloack and engage me from 50K, while burning on his AB away from the WH

needless to say, i catch him in no time (40K point overlaod and 4000+ m/s, do the math), and make quick work of it

"but meh, no way you can tank my 400+ dps in your 1000hp frigate" yeah....probably not.....

i'm still laughing
Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#35 - 2013-10-28 15:15:56 UTC
This is the best thread since Lassie was a pup.

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-10-28 16:36:21 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Remiel Pollard wrote:
I left the system laughing, telling him where I'd be if he ever wants to try again. Thing is, it got me thinking... I wonder how much this happens to more experienced PVP'ers than myself.

I'm not a more experienced pvper (pretty terrible actually), but I can say that I have encountered this attitude in video games, but not as a capsule pilot. I'm still confused by people that think kiting is a cowards tactic. Why do they think that the bow and arrow or guns were invented? I stopped betting on 1v1's in guildwars because I had people refuse to pay up after I killed their warrior with a crippling shot ranger. I think I need to try flying some kiting ships in eve...

EDIT: I should add that I usually expect a little more intelligence out of eve players than that, but maybe I'm just wrong.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#37 - 2013-10-28 18:26:59 UTC  |  Edited by: destiny2
Alot of players dont understand that in pvp you gotta think outside the box a maulus gets a bonus to damps so its obviously going to have them :O
Previous page12