These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So how bad did the economy just get screwed by Amazon?

First post First post
Author
my othercharacter
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2013-10-28 00:18:18 UTC
Herr Esiq wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
dei'ro wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Hey everyone.

It appears that Amazon, who operate as a third party re-seller for some of our products, put the wrong price on a package of PLEX and then quickly pulled the offer once the error was discovered.

A few thousand extra PLEX are in circulation as a result which is not enough to cause any significant or lasting impact on the in-game markets.

There shouldn't be any fallout but we'll monitor the situation of course. If you or anyone you know has encountered any problems related to this incident, you are invited to file a support ticket.

Since this deal was not available outside of the US, are you going to release cheap plexes to the non-US masses?
Because at the moment the US got a massive advantage (lol 2billion for 5 bucks)

We didn't really release any cheap PLEX...this was a short-lived mistake by a re-seller that nobody is planning to repeat intentionally.

Maybe this is a good moment top drop Amazon as a reseller since its been bad news twice now.

QFT
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#82 - 2013-10-28 00:20:24 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
dei'ro wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Hey everyone.

It appears that Amazon, who operate as a third party re-seller for some of our products, put the wrong price on a package of PLEX and then quickly pulled the offer once the error was discovered.

A few thousand extra PLEX are in circulation as a result which is not enough to cause any significant or lasting impact on the in-game markets.

There shouldn't be any fallout but we'll monitor the situation of course. If you or anyone you know has encountered any problems related to this incident, you are invited to file a support ticket.

Since this deal was not available outside of the US, are you going to release cheap plexes to the non-US masses?

We didn't really release any cheap PLEX...this was a short-lived mistake by a re-seller that nobody is planning to repeat intentionally.

Can we please have a "lowest price of the year" price matching guarantee for PLEX later this year, available just in the US? I mean if we were to have an accidental repeat, this would be funny. Blink

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Powers Sa
#83 - 2013-10-28 00:22:54 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
mynnna wrote:
To put it into perspective, "a few thousand" is about the size of the last real plex sale, if jita volume is any indicator. That didn't crash the economy, neither will this...

We've had PLEX sales that have moved volumes far greater than tonight.

I like how your avatar is too short to get his head in the full frame. Subtle, and hilarious.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Wylt Echerie
Les Suceuses de l'Ouest
Ishtar Spin Forever
#84 - 2013-10-28 00:27:34 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
dei'ro wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Hey everyone.

Lets repeat it just for a little bit.
Blawrf McTaggart
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2013-10-28 00:36:50 UTC
AIric Vitex wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Hey everyone.

"Goons"

ah **** you got us good work
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#86 - 2013-10-28 01:01:36 UTC
PLEX was such a good idea

there was no way the system could be abused or go wrong

I know this because people kept explaining the intricacies of how it could never negatively impact the game

Lol
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#87 - 2013-10-28 01:26:31 UTC
Shame I missed this, Being in the UK their are always around to buy VIA a US site, quite Simple really. Would have loved some cheap plex.

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2013-10-28 01:34:34 UTC
Herr Esiq wrote:
I just wonder why CCP keeps valuing US customers over EU/RU/AU customers. Doesnt look like good company practice to keep kicking such a large playerbase to their teeth.

This again... Is it really too hard to believe it's Amazon screwing up in rolling a deal out?

The last PLEX sale, which hit the U.S. first and Europe a few days later, was an Amazon fulfillment thing, not a CCP thing. That one was Amazon not bothering to do a simultaneous roll-out.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Jill Chastot
Black Water Oasis
#89 - 2013-10-28 01:39:15 UTC
All the cries of entitlement are bloody hilarious.
So you didn't get plex. Neither do I, life isn't fair and if you want to blame CCP for a resellers mistake then I guess your stuck believing the sun moves around the earth.

Just move on to another day of eve and go blow more ships up.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=298596&find=unread OATHS wants you. Come to the WH "Safety in eve is the greatest fallacy you will ever encounter. Once you accept this you will truely enjoy this game."

Sergeant WiskeyJack
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#90 - 2013-10-28 01:41:20 UTC
I am just glad that Black Legion found a way to get their supers back
Lux Marquis
Shipyard Trading Co.
#91 - 2013-10-28 02:01:29 UTC
Some of us "mericans" saw a window of opportunity and took it.

I did, however, give all the PLEX away to my fellow UK friends because I know they would do the same for me Blink

"It's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark."
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#92 - 2013-10-28 02:05:06 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
I think

No.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#93 - 2013-10-28 02:08:39 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:

So, no free skillpoints, amiright ? Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#94 - 2013-10-28 04:17:34 UTC
It's easy to tell who the poor people are.

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#95 - 2013-10-28 04:20:57 UTC
So ~1% of the yearly volume in Jita? Meh. vOv
Gothikia
#96 - 2013-10-28 05:21:45 UTC
Herr Esiq wrote:
I just wonder why CCP keeps valuing US customers over EU/RU/AU customers. Doesnt look like good company practice to keep kicking such a large playerbase to their teeth.

I'm guessing the new head marketing guy doesn't give a **** v0v. Probably that and all the new toxic EA blood is spilling over to the others there in Iceland...

<3 Gothie

Frying Doom
#97 - 2013-10-28 06:02:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Malcanis wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
I think

No.

" I can't be bothered to talk to naive children."

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#98 - 2013-10-28 06:52:09 UTC
xRyokenx wrote:
Kenneth Feld wrote:
It was a sale at Amazon, it said so clearly on the buy page

Normal price $49.99, with a line thru it and $4.98 next to it

This man speaks the truth.

looks like it was a typo this is what it looks like now

$49.99 (strike thru) $49.98 (coincidence its looks like $4.98) However 1 cent reduction? lol is that for real?
Frying Doom
#99 - 2013-10-28 07:31:24 UTC
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
PLEX was such a good idea

there was no way the system could be abused or go wrong

I know this because people kept explaining the intricacies of how it could never negatively impact the game

Lol

30 Day Pilot's License Extension (PLEX) wrote:
Giving players a more robust system to exchange game-time for ISK is something we also deem necessary as a result of abuse, exploitation, fraud and hard core companies trying to sell you ISK directly. In the end, this only hurts you the customer and therefore the universe of EVE.

We must continue to battle this and it‘s time for a new strategy. We see what the secure trade of ETCs between players did and we want to investigate ways of making that easier by enable all players to trade amongst themselves directly. If the key to battling RMT is to allow players to casually and securely exchange gametime for ISK, thereby neutralizing RMT companies as a necessary supply, then that is an acceptable, necessary evil.

We ask you, "don‘t hate, participate" in this endeavour.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/i-can-resist-anything-but-temptation/

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2013-10-28 08:18:13 UTC
It's part of the conspiracy !! (oh my, i never run out of **** to post with this xD)

Because of the stop of FoodStamps coming November,
the US gov told Amazon to sell PLEX cheaply so people will play EvE
instead of rioting on the streets, because they are hungry !!

Can't you people see it ????