These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Goons actions in high-sec

First post
Author
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#121 - 2013-10-27 21:06:46 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Players creating content..

Thought that was a good thing?

Depends on the "content"... that word is used very liberally in EVE. Blink

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#122 - 2013-10-27 21:46:27 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Players creating content..

Thought that was a good thing?

Depends on the "content"... that word is used very liberally in EVE. Blink

I usually feel the urge to create content in the mornings, right after I get done with a cup of coffee.
Gealbhan
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#123 - 2013-10-27 22:00:29 UTC
Goons are seriously misunderstood. Think of how boring EvE would be without them. Arrow
Dr0000 Maulerant
Union Nanide and Tooling
#124 - 2013-10-27 22:24:50 UTC
I dont know, everyone always told me how horrible and annoying the goons were. Frankly I think jimmy 300 and erotica are much better at sh*tting up the short bus that is hi-sec "content".

Tell me again about how every playstyle you dont engage in "doesn't require any effort" and everyone who does it needs to die in a fire. Be sure to mention about how you tried it once but it was too easy/boring/ethnic-homophobic slur. 

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#125 - 2013-10-27 22:28:36 UTC
that's because progodlegend's coalition is working actively to contain us using his soulstone

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ursula Thrace
Dreamland Augmented Consortium
#126 - 2013-10-27 22:50:16 UTC
Gold Lyle wrote:
This is a public message for the DMs.

Just some minutes ago a fleet of goons in destroyers have blown up my very old golem. Well played, and well, it is the way in wich the things works. And no so hard to me because the ship was more than paid, it was the original one, the only marauder i have bought and it was flying since the marauders exists. Normally i dislike the BS size ships, but the golems was cute in shape.

I suppouse that now the goons thought that the ppl harvesting LPs from the SoE are some kind of evil or whatever, and they have started the whateverLPggedon on Osmon. I had enough bad luck to be hunted just when i was 10 minutes to stop to harvesting LPs, in the last mission i thought i need. BTW i has been working for SoE in Osmon during years, i have been giving SoE probes for friends and so on.

I have no problem with that kind of things, they are part of the game -although in this case the bad luck for me it is clear. But for me there is a problem with all that whateverggedon things that goons do in high sec. It is a role playing problem. By now it is clear that the goon alliance does periodically that kind of action inside of the empires, clear illegal actions, with clear objetives, as a nation trying to change behaivours,etc.. So goon alliance it is, following the internal logic of the game, a pirate nation -similar to sansha's one, for instance- and the empires should consider it like that.

I have no time to play the null regions game. And now it is clear that the goons are bored to have a realm out there, and they are trying to manage the high sec as their own space. So i need to know if the NPC are going to react with logic against the biggest player alliances when they acts like pirates, or i need consider that EVE has became a PvP game in high-sec too, not only by the ancient war mechanism.

Thank you, for this great game, but, please, clarify the nature of it.

-I really hope that the DMs will give me a clear answer-

well-played OP, well-played.

trololololol
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#127 - 2013-10-27 23:00:11 UTC
Op,nothing is special, all ships are disposable, you got to suck it up and do the right thing, plan your revenge.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#128 - 2013-10-27 23:24:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Not a single one of these big fish have held the space they own from the start. We all took our space from other big fish in clashes the other MMOs can only dream of.

Clashes that quite a large number of hisec dwellers wouldn't have a clue about.
Srsly Baltec, i've read your posts for years, did you sell your account to some humorless dung-punching sh1tlord or what?

Talk about putting a tank on a miner? Right there is where you contradict yourself. If some turbo-bear started talking about how he mines afk in 0.9 because he has the finest tank a hulk ever had you would meet it with enough dps. The point has been made, they can't defend themselves, that doesn't make them inferior, just vulnerable.
Damn son, you log on to look down on people or something?

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Zsaryna Adrelana
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2013-10-27 23:29:38 UTC
Their loss then.
But it's not hard to look at D scan, or pay appropriate levels of attention to what you're doing. Keep checking D for suspicious activity, such as catalysts appearin, and you'll be fine and breezy. It is not the responsibility of the cheetah or the hyena to make sure the gazelle can run away or shoot back.

I do this for many reasons. I do it because I believe it is right. I do it because I will profit by it. These all consolidate into one reason: I do it because I can.

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#130 - 2013-10-27 23:33:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalua Rui
Chopper Rollins wrote:

Ahm... the game stagnates and so do the regulars? Dunno... just a guess. Blink

Let's face it... for many of us it has stopped being fun a long time ago... it just is "there"... like a habit. *shrugs*

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#131 - 2013-10-28 00:11:54 UTC
Zsaryna Adrelana wrote:
Their loss then.
But it's not hard to look at D scan, or pay appropriate levels of attention to what you're doing. Keep checking D for suspicious activity, such as catalysts appearin, and you'll be fine and breezy. It is not the responsibility of the cheetah or the hyena to make sure the gazelle can run away or shoot back.

The cheetah can warp cloaked though

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#132 - 2013-10-28 00:12:27 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
Chopper Rollins wrote:

Ahm... the game stagnates and so do the regulars? Dunno... just a guess. Blink

Let's face it... for many of us it has stopped being fun a long time ago... it just is "there"... like a habit. *shrugs*

Lyris Nairn, addicted to shooting structures. This might happen to you, too, if you don't have supercaps to use.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#133 - 2013-10-28 00:20:30 UTC
Rekon X wrote:
Goons cower in null surrounded by their bought off alliances on all sides. They need to gank high sec ships to feel relevant. What else can they do?

That so much butt hurt you missed the contradiction of saying someone is cowering in null while also ganking in high sec...
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#134 - 2013-10-28 00:20:38 UTC
Not everyone that euthanizes decadent mission ships is a Goon.

I'm not a member of Goonswarm, and have no interest in ever becoming one, but just last weekend I euthanized a part faction, part deadspace fit Navy Apocalypse in one of the systems with the new Sisters L4 agents.

You can read about the backstory on www.minerbumping.com if you get there today (it's in the Kills of the Week article).

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#135 - 2013-10-28 00:48:09 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rekon X wrote:
Goons cower in null surrounded by their bought off alliances on all sides. They need to gank high sec ships to feel relevant. What else can they do?

That so much butt hurt you missed the contradiction of saying someone is cowering in null while also ganking in high sec...

Any moment now progodlegend is going to roll into deklein and we'll have to cower in highsec

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#136 - 2013-10-28 00:51:35 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rekon X wrote:

Any moment now progodlegend is going to roll into deklein and we'll have to cower in highsec

I, too, will feel bad for the Goons when they take over all of Nullsec except maybe Providence. Everyone else will be fighting over that last sliver while Goons are bored to death.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Zsaryna Adrelana
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#137 - 2013-10-28 01:03:12 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Zsaryna Adrelana wrote:
Their loss then.

The cheetah can warp cloaked though

True enough, though the cheetah would probably make a dreadful gank boat. That would be an interesting experiment to run I guess

I do this for many reasons. I do it because I believe it is right. I do it because I will profit by it. These all consolidate into one reason: I do it because I can.

Ryhss
#138 - 2013-10-28 01:44:16 UTC
beancounter Jaynara wrote:
Ryhss wrote:
Baaldor wrote:
Wtf is a DM?

I've played D&D for 30 years.

The world has truly changed where a man can admit this openly. You are a special person and I heart you for your specialness.

I'm 40, I don't give a rats butt what people think about my D&D obsession.

I just turned into an egg, did I level up? I spent an hour trying to salvage a wreck, when in local a guy said "Stop it, this is my Tempest, I was AFK"

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#139 - 2013-10-28 01:47:05 UTC
Quote:
So i need to know if the NPC are going to react with logic against the biggest player alliances when they acts like pirates, or i need consider that EVE has became a PvP game in high-sec too, not only by the ancient war mechanism.

You sound like you're asking CONCORD to treat us the way it treats NPC pirates.

I will take your recommendation to CCP. Twisted

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#140 - 2013-10-28 01:48:46 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Quote:
So i need to know if the NPC are going to react with logic against the biggest player alliances when they acts like pirates, or i need consider that EVE has became a PvP game in high-sec too, not only by the ancient war mechanism.

You sound like you're asking CONCORD to treat us the way it treats NPC pirates.

I will take your recommendation to CCP. Twisted

The very second I hear about this being a thing, I am putting in my tenbux.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.