These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A generation on the scrapheap, Cameron stays silent.

First post
Author
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-11-17 22:08:13 UTC
Nearly half of the unemployed in the UK are between 16 and 24, a million young people out of work and all the tories can do is make a half arsed excuse about how the Eurozone crisis is to blame, the prime minister didn't even comment. It is not like all the under 24s are all uneducated dole scroungers either, many are university or college graduates that simply cannot find work.

Every week it seems this government is taking another step back to the Thatcher years, even NHS waiting lists are climbing again. If the mess the Euro is in and other economic factors get much worse the UK will be in a real mess in a few years.

Article about youth unemployment
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-11-17 22:09:43 UTC
I hear there are mining jobs in Australia.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

EVE Stig
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-11-18 00:07:56 UTC
is out of pod becoming the political corner?

"Some say that he is actually dead, but the Grim Reaper is too afraid to tell him." "Some say he is the 3rd member of Daft Punk and he did the vocals of "Technologic" song. All we know is,he's called EVE Stig"!

Something Random
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-11-18 01:33:20 UTC
What was it ?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country...." - so totally Tory right there, but kinda true in this environment.

Sure sit back and whine about the social handout..... or you could go out and create a business with all those degrees ?
I do know how hard it is. How easy it is to say what i have, but it holds a grain of truth. Its a do it for me generation i guess.
Just dont expect too much help, as you will almost definitely have to build from the ground up.

I was in the position in the 90's where most jobs had a HUGE (and it was HUGE) application phase, it was when they first started the modern trend of not even replying with a failure of selection letter. I chose to retrain and go back to school - out of my own pocket with some help from government departments.

Idea

Great time for medics and such to go voluntary working and anyone else to pick up on community schemes, at least it will look like you keep busy and dont just play Eve all day Blink

"caught on fire a little bit, just a little."

"Delinquents, check, weirdos, check, hippies, check, pillheads, check, freaks, check, potheads, check .....gangs all here!"

I love Science, it gives me a Hadron.

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2011-11-18 06:46:56 UTC
Political discussions are not allowed on these forums.

Thread locked.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire