These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Mass-test feedback - November 17

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2011-11-17 19:54:07 UTC
Hi! If you participated in the mass-test on the 17th November, please reply in this thread to give your feedback, based on following template:

Machine Info and Settings

• OS version:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • RAM:
  • How many clients were you running at the same time?
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high):

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out:
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in:
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome)
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Demolishar
United Aggression
#2 - 2011-11-17 21:23:06 UTC

• OS version: Windows XP SP3
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 3.2ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX260
  • RAM: 4GB
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 4
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 5
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 1
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes, all clients locked up on warp to the POS.
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: I need a new PC.
Jacob Straven
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-11-17 21:24:11 UTC

• OS version: Win Vista SP2
  • CPU: Dual Core Intel Core 2 Duo
  • GPU: ATI HD 4570
  • RAM: 4gb
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 20
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 6
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 6
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes 1

Herr Nerdstrom
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-11-17 21:24:12 UTC

• OS version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • CPU: Quad Core i5
  • GPU: GTS 240
  • RAM: 6GB
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 4
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 20-40
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 10-12
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 3 - Noticeably worse
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes, two clients froze without errors
  • - The tests should be more formalized so that we know what we are testing -- explain objectives before beginning tests
[/quote]
Ninavask
Alexylva Paradox
#5 - 2011-11-17 21:24:54 UTC

OS version: Windows 7
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 910 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4350
RAM: 8 gigabytes
How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 1-2
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 0 (crash)
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 1
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?: Yes, not counting a major bug where there were no graphics on my end.
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: There wasn't much enjoyment out of the test due to the fact I couldn't do anything, the lag was tremendous during the fleet battles to the point my graphics died and I couldn't see anything. As well as being forced out of the game and an average fps of 2-1-crash during the gate battle... I can't suggest anything because I do not know how it's done, but I would request more work be done on optimizing battles.

Dr. Ninavask Revan

Colonist

Alexylva Paradox

The views above are the opinions and beliefs of Dr. Ninavask and do in no way reflect on his employeers or associates at the time of posting.

LaGSandfurz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-17 21:25:47 UTC

OS version: Windows 7
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9550
GPU: Nvidia GTX 460
RAM: 6GB
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 7
Average FPS - Zoomed in:6
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 5
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:
Lithalnas
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Sedition.
#7 - 2011-11-17 21:27:48 UTC

OS version: Win 7 home premium
CPU: AMD e350
GPU: Radeon 4250
RAM: 2gb
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 2
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? twice, once during the warp off the pos and again at the end of the NPC shooting
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: was slow but everything was somewhat responsive

https://www.facebook.com/RipSeanVileRatSmith shoot at blue for Vile Rat http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73406

Tremendous Penguin
Centre Of Attention
#8 - 2011-11-17 21:32:25 UTC
OS version: Win7 64bit
CPU: core2duo T6500 @ 2.10GHz
GPU: AIT Radeon HD 4650M
RAM: 3GB
1 client
Graphic setting of the client: mostly low

3-5fps zoomed out
3fps zoomed in
No crashes or disconnects

It was rather unplayeable with such a lag and low fps. There was problem at the beginning of the test using CCP Konflikt's titan jump bridge. It said I can't jump first due to a session change timer and next due to some modules still being active. Eventually I have managed to jump on the third cycle. There was no such problem with second jump to Poitot. After the node remap, I was no longer in a fleet as well. (I was eventually located in Poitot during the remapping)
Tierere
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-11-17 21:32:28 UTC

OS version: OS 10.5.8
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
GPU: ATI RadeonHD2600 VRAM (Total): 256 MB
RAM: 4GB
How many clients were you running at the same time? one
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: less that 1fps
Average FPS - Zoomed in: less than 1fps
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) cant compare
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Painfully slow, destroyed without being able to do anything
Geinus
Vermis foramen Industrius
#10 - 2011-11-17 21:32:36 UTC
OS version: XP pro
CPU: Duel P4 E5800
GPU: ATI HD 5450 1gb
RAM: 2gb
How many clients were you running at the same time?
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): 1 client (medium settings)

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 12fps
Average FPS - Zoomed in:3 fps
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 2- fps in TQ on high settings is a little better.
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? none (first non dc test)
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:
when at gate camp Overview was extremly lagged and could not remote rep.......
would be good if other testers would follow test rules / orders, apart from that only problem was a bit of lag
Sydious
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2011-11-17 21:33:15 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU: AMD Phenom Quad 2.6ghz
GPU: ATI HD4800 1gb ddr5
RAM: 8192mb ddr2 800
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 3-5fps
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2fps
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 5
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 1 blue screen when right around time of system remapping
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: aside from blue screen all was as expected.
Ralf Mortimere
The Thirteen Provinces
#12 - 2011-11-17 21:35:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralf Mortimere

• OS version: Window 7 Home Extended (6.1.7601)
  • CPU: Intel U4100 1.3 GHz
  • GPU: Intel Mobile Express Series 4
  • RAM: 3 Gb
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): 1366x768, all low, effects disabled

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 3-5
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: <1. slideshow
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 2(?)
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? - none beyond system node remap
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: very strange broadcast behavior. there were fleet broadcast sent out on my behalf when i was not obviously doing so - while typing in chat, for example. my guess it must be shortcut issues
Serge SC
The Valhalla Project
#13 - 2011-11-17 21:36:22 UTC

• OS version: Window 7 SP1, 64bit, Home premium
  • CPU: i7-720QM
  • GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4830
  • RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333MHz
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 1, under Singularity only
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): All to high, except AA, Post-Processing and HDR, set to low or off.

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10-15
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2-7
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 8
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? None, very stable, including the audio.
[/quote]

Serge SC Le Frenchman Friendly FC

Ksantor Isagar
Survival L Inc.
#14 - 2011-11-17 21:36:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ksantor Isagar
OS version: Win7 Pro 32bit SP1
CPU: AMD Athlon2 X3 640@X4 3.0GHz
GPU: NVidia GF460GS 1Gb
RAM: 4Gb
How many clients were you running at the same time? 2 clients: tranquility&singularity
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): 1920*1080 full all in tranquility client, 1920*1080 all disable in Singularity client.

User Experience
Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 3-5
Average FPS - Zoomed in: don't know
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 4
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no
Ivan St
Doomheim
#15 - 2011-11-17 21:37:27 UTC

CPU: AMD sixcore 3.2 ghz each
GPU: MSI gtx 560 ti overclocked
RAM: 8GB
Clients at the same time- 1
Graphic settings- all low

Experience-
average fps- 10, when more zoomed in <5

Crashes/disconnects?
one crash at the beginning when we assemled at the station in FD-MLJ,
No disconnect, didnt experience the one for poitrot- got podded at the gatecamp und when I could return it was too late to still get disconnected ;)

impressions- awesome fight, but it was the worst piece of work my video card ever had and I am used to play games with high requirements on max. settings^^
Morgan Pendragon
Cut Throat Inc.
#16 - 2011-11-17 21:38:01 UTC

OS version: Win 7 x64
CPU: AMD 7750+
GPU: GeForce 250GTS 512Mb
RAM: 6Gb
How many clients were you running at the same time? - single client
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): 1920x1080 resolution, windowed, low settings

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 7 FPS
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 3-4 FPS
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 3
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? nope, all was stable
Describe your experience: was little confusing at the beginning, but overall it was nice.
Aryanna Kordova
Pera Soldis Holdings
#17 - 2011-11-17 21:38:21 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
RAM: 8 Gig

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 20
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 12
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 8
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Nope
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc: Love the new cyno and warp effects. FPS may have been low, but responsiveness was great in combat.
Nichya Derouke
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2011-11-17 21:38:49 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
CPU: AMD Phenom II 4x 3.4 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX460
RAM: 2x 4096 Kingsotn DDR3
How many clients were you running at the same time? In the beginning two, but one crashed :<

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: About 14-20
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 7
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): No idea
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Server remap
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Pretty good, without visual stuff it runs fine
Chowdercannon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2011-11-17 21:38:50 UTC
OS version: Vista 64 Ultimate
CPU: Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 460 1GB
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: About 5 fps.
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2-3fps
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) This time it was terrible, have to give it a 1.
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No.
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Lag slideshow, could barely use my overview to target things. Voice was fine during the entire test. I just don't see how this game taxes my system as bad as it does. :(
Dervol
Hot Cats in Space
#20 - 2011-11-17 21:39:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Dervol

• OS version: Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
  • CPU: Q9550 (4x2,83 GHZ)
  • GPU: nVidia GTX 275 OC (stable)
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 8
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 6
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 2
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 2, only on the secondary monitor
  • - Lost target lock twice during POS shooting and 5 times during Fleet fights
    - Fleet Overview disappeared at some point during the POS shooting and I could only restore it once we were in Poitot
    - Weapons stopped shooting twice during POS shooting
123Next pageLast page