These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Jambassador, with these multi spectral ECM's you're really despoiling us...

Author
Dragon Utrigas
R to the D
#1 - 2013-10-25 13:40:12 UTC
I know the guristas speciality is ECM, but do they really have to jam the crap out of you so much? Talk about a way to ruin your efficiency in missions. ECM plays a vital role in fleet ops for sure, but I don't feel it adds much to the game when it's the AI jamming you while you're trying to grind some LP/Isk. Come on CCP, sort out the AI uber-jammers, it's most frustrating...
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#2 - 2013-10-25 14:28:42 UTC
How many ECCMs did you have fitted? Oh, and you weren't flying a Marauder, right?
Dragon Utrigas
R to the D
#3 - 2013-10-25 21:05:14 UTC
I don't fit ECCM as it requires sacrificing DPS :p I do have Gravi compensation at IV though and I'm flying a CNR. I'm not getting jammed excessively, it just irks me that the AI is so damn good at it and that it doesn't really add anything to the game other than being incredibly annoying. Sure, in PvP it's awesome, but I just don't see the point of the AI jamming you so effectively. Maybe it's some essential part of the Eve universe that I'm ignorant of, who knows. I just find it irritating and would be enormously pleased if the AI stopped doing it :)
Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-10-25 21:09:28 UTC
Dragon Utrigas wrote:
I don't fit ECCM as it requires sacrificing DPS :p

Being unable to shoot at them because you didn't fit ECCM is also sacrificing DPS.

Though, last I heard (years ago), ECCM didn't help against NPCs. When did that change ?
Kilrayn
Caldari Provisions
#5 - 2013-10-25 21:13:22 UTC
Yeah, rats can do ecm that we can't (I wish we could get some of those 50km+ webs/jams/scrams mods Twisted). My advice to people having trouble as zhilia suggested is eccm. It will help you dps more than you think as that dps your 'sacrificing' is wasted the longer you're jammed.

Also, you could stop missioning in gurista space, you'll almost never see jamming in other spaces.

"Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not." - Citan Uzuki, Xenogears

Kilrayn
Caldari Provisions
#6 - 2013-10-25 21:13:49 UTC
Hesod Adee wrote:
Dragon Utrigas wrote:

Being unable to shoot at them because you didn't fit ECCM is also sacrificing DPS.

Though, last I heard (years ago), ECCM didn't help against NPCs. When did that change ?

Was changed in Cruicible IIRC.

"Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not." - Citan Uzuki, Xenogears

Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-10-25 21:14:43 UTC
Confirming that ECCM works wonderfully against NPCs.

Dragon Utrigas wrote:

I think I see the problem here.
Dragon Utrigas
R to the D
#8 - 2013-10-25 21:20:30 UTC
Fair point about not doing damage when you're jammed I guess and I suppose Guristas and jamming go together in the Eve universe so it's a case of fit for it when appropriate.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#9 - 2013-10-25 21:22:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Cipher Jones
I see it from both sides. ECCM does work against them now so theres no reason not to fit it other than it slows you down.

On the other hand they have insane multispectral jamming that would wreck PvP.

CCP has been pushing towards having PvP setups in PvE since Apocrypha so it really doesn't make much sense.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Kilrayn
Caldari Provisions
#10 - 2013-10-25 21:23:04 UTC
Dragon Utrigas wrote:
Fair point about not doing damage when you're jammed I guess and I suppose Guristas and jamming go together in the Eve universe so it's a case of fit for it when appropriate.

Aye, I rarely mission anymore, but when I was grinding missions, it was in Gallente space in a Rattlesnake. Drones arent bothered by dampening Cool

Cipher Jones
#11 - 2013-10-25 21:24:56 UTC
Kilrayn wrote:
Dragon Utrigas wrote:

Aye, I rarely mission anymore, but when I was grinding missions, it was in Gallente space in a Rattlesnake. Drones arent bothered by dampening Cool

Also RS can push well over 1kDPS and still have 2 ECCM's fit.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Dragon Utrigas
R to the D
#12 - 2013-10-25 21:27:01 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Kilrayn wrote:
Dragon Utrigas wrote:

Also RS can push well over 1kDPS and still have 2 ECCM's fit.

Not with my missiles skills :(
Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-10-25 22:13:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Gimme more Cynos
OH NOEZ, I GET JAMMED 1 out of 100 TIMES !!!

.... Fit ECCM..

NO, I WON'T BECAUSE....

=???

wtf is wrong with you?!

Oh, and the jamming does serve a purpose. It's there to annoy ignorant peeps like you. And this is a good thing.

Jeez, people these days..
Dragon Utrigas
R to the D
#14 - 2013-10-25 22:19:33 UTC
Gimme more Cynos wrote:

.... Fit ECCM..

NO, I WON'T BECAUSE....

=???

wtf is wrong with you?!

Oh, and the jamming does serve a purpose. It's there to annoy ignorant peeps like you. And this is a good thing.

Shouldn't you be out bumping miners somewhere?
Mnemosyne Gloob
#15 - 2013-10-25 23:54:28 UTC
Dragon Utrigas wrote:
but do they really have to jam the crap out of you so much?

Dragon Utrigas wrote:
I'm not getting jammed excessively

So what now?

Dragon Utrigas wrote:

Does it now? My ECCM goes into medslots and last i checked there are no direct damage mods that i could put there.

That being said i remember flying a guardian on a small roam once and we found a 5/10 or so and decided to run it. I got jammed at some point while having >100 radar strength - so it can happen any time.

The bad thing from player perspective about getting jammed is the binary nature. When you are jammed, you just sit there doing nothing for 20 (?) seconds. Other forms of ewar you can (try) to counter by navigation.
Cipher Jones
#16 - 2013-10-26 05:33:37 UTC
Mnemosyne Gloob wrote:
Dragon Utrigas wrote:

Dragon Utrigas wrote:

So what now?

Dragon Utrigas wrote:

Does it now? My ECCM goes into medslots and last i checked there are no direct damage mods that i could put there.

That being said i remember flying a guardian on a small roam once and we found a 5/10 or so and decided to run it. I got jammed at some point while having >100 radar strength - so it can happen any time.

The bad thing from player perspective about getting jammed is the binary nature. When you are jammed, you just sit there doing nothing for 20 (?) seconds. Other forms of ewar you can (try) to counter by navigation.

They go in both mids and lows.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-10-26 08:45:39 UTC
Dragon Utrigas wrote:
Gimme more Cynos wrote:

.... Fit ECCM..

NO, I WON'T BECAUSE....

=???

wtf is wrong with you?!

Nah, I'm rather doing missions in my CNR (which gets a proper fit for missions, unlike yours). Seriously, can it be that hard to fit a darn mod? Can it be so hard to kill those jam-rats asap?

and the answer is: NO, it's not hard AT ALL.

Quit your ranting and either fly a proper fit or deal with it ffs.
Dragon Utrigas
R to the D
#18 - 2013-10-26 10:30:03 UTC
Gimme more Cynos wrote:
Dragon Utrigas wrote:
Gimme more Cynos wrote:

.... Fit ECCM..

NO, I WON'T BECAUSE....

=???

wtf is wrong with you?!

Nah, I'm rather doing missions in my CNR (which gets a proper fit for missions, unlike yours). Seriously, can it be that hard to fit a darn mod? Can it be so hard to kill those jam-rats asap?

and the answer is: NO, it's not hard AT ALL.

Quit your ranting and either fly a proper fit or deal with it ffs.

Either you have no idea what the word "rant" means, or you're just a troll, or possibly both. Either way your time would be better served elsewhere as you clearly lack the interpersonal skills required to engage with people on an open forum.
Dragon Utrigas
R to the D
#19 - 2013-10-26 10:31:21 UTC
Mnemosyne Gloob wrote:
Dragon Utrigas wrote:

Dragon Utrigas wrote:

So what now?

Dragon Utrigas wrote:

The only ECCM mods I've seen occupy low slots, which ones go in mids? I could probably sacrifice a mid tbh.
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-10-26 10:45:24 UTC
ECCM - Gravimetric I

And its siblings.

You must've had back luck, I hardly ever get jammed in mt CNR and dont have sensor comp that high.
12Next page